PDA

View Full Version : For the second year running . . .

Ftivano1
02-07-2019, 09:02 PM
. . . football is no coming home although the English media had them winning it for weeks in the build up !

Spikefaethesouth
02-07-2019, 09:06 PM
. . . football is no coming home although the English media had them winning it for weeks in the build up !

Shafted by the Eagles. Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Ftivano1
02-07-2019, 09:10 PM
Shafted by the Eagles. Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Yes mate it was '' One of those nights ''

louisxiv
02-07-2019, 11:41 PM
Some good football on display. Both USA goals were quality, England’s too. Am I missing something or amongst the furore re the penalty wasn’t there a glaring offside?

jardi
03-07-2019, 07:38 AM
I was really impressed with the one touch football. Have a look at that English "offside" goal, - that's how to play football and how to score when one on one with the goal-keeper. A certain Mr. Dykes could certainly learn a lot by watching that over and over again.

The penalty was woeful, - and once again an advert on how not to take them.

The USA were superb in the first half, and much better technically but they completely ran out of steam and were very fortunate to progress. Even with 10 players the English team would have won in extra time if they'd finished at 2-2, - because the USA had no idea how to cope with the physical onslaught.

louisxiv
03-07-2019, 08:50 AM
I was really impressed with the one touch football. Have a look at that English "offside" goal, - that's how to play football and how to score when one on one with the goal-keeper. A certain Mr. Dykes could certainly learn a lot by watching that over and over again.

The penalty was woeful, - and once again an advert on how not to take them.

The USA were superb in the first half, and much better technically but they completely ran out of steam and were very fortunate to progress. Even with 10 players the English team would have won in extra time if they'd finished at 2-2, - because the USA had no idea how to cope with the physical onslaught.
Not sure England would have survived another 30 minutes.

jardi
03-07-2019, 12:03 PM
Well the US of A certainly wouldn't, - as they were out of ideas and suffering from cramp.

Clearly this is purely hypothetical, - but at half time I said to my wife "the USA will dominate and kill off the game in the 2nd half" The exact opposite occurred, - and I'm pretty certain that if the game had gone to extra time, - the gifted US players would have wilted.

Ftivano1
03-07-2019, 01:41 PM
Not sure England would have survived another 30 minutes.

The USA players were faster, stronger, tougher and smarter than Engerland and fully deserved their victory. The English girl Bright in defence had a nightmare culminating in her being sent off. Wonder if the USA fitness coach from Geordieland
Donna Scott is any relation of ex - Queens manager Iain who has won 2 or 3 league championships in American football (soccer) since he went there to ply his trade.

jardi
03-07-2019, 03:02 PM
Must have been watching a completely different match then lads.

louisxiv
03-07-2019, 05:12 PM
Well the US of A certainly wouldn't, - as they were out of ideas and suffering from cramp.

Clearly this is purely hypothetical, - but at half time I said to my wife "the USA will dominate and kill off the game in the 2nd half" The exact opposite occurred, - and I'm pretty certain that if the game had gone to extra time, - the gifted US players would have wilted.

Must have been watching a completely different match then lads.
I'd certainly say the best team won. The USA, I'd say, are head and shoulders above the rest at he moment. Be happy if Sweden or Holland proved me wrong though.