PDA

View Full Version : Brechin City v Dundee United 5/7/19

Ex Baku Arab
04-07-2019, 08:35 AM
For this game friendly or not I would start with a strong line up and look to go for as big a win as possible in order to give the teams confidence a boost with the league cup kicking off in 8 days. No point in going 2 or 3 up then switching off in my opinion.

Experimenting with the line up shape is also an option as there is nothing at stake, particularly a line up with 2 up front and I would go 4132 with the line up:

Shankland Clark
Robson C.Smith McMullan
Butcher
Sporle Reynolds Connolly L.Smith
Seigrist.

There alternative tweaks such as Sow for Clark or Harkes for Butcher that can be made for example.

I am struggling to think of who else to put at left midfield/wing at the moment so Robson for now as he played there if I recall correctly towards the seasons end. Ideally a far better and permanent option is signed this summer.

Some of the younger player such as Mochrie, Glass or Banks can get 15-20 minutes off the bench although they can get more time against Dumbarton along with those starting on the bench or not involved at all.

TerryTheTerror
04-07-2019, 09:15 AM
These games are all about getting players game time to improve their match sharpness, that's all that matters I'd say. So, the more players that get some time on the park the better.

ARAbCHNID
04-07-2019, 11:19 AM
These games are all about getting players game time to improve their match sharpness, that's all that matters I'd say. So, the more players that get some time on the park the better.

I agree Terry. And it's not about how many goals we score. Brechin City have been good enough to provide us with a worthwhile warm-up game & it would be disrespectful to go home having gubbed your hosts. This game will be along the same lines as the 1-1 draw at East Fife on Saturday. Maybe a wee 3-0 for us with plenty players getting a run-out & no injuries will be a good compromise.

Ex Baku Arab
04-07-2019, 12:08 PM
It was not meant to be about being dismissive of Brechin but more about wanting the strikers confidence high and on form.

I seem to recall one big criticism last season was not scoring enough and only wining games by one when the margin should have been greater.

Brechin and Montrose are my two favourite Angus sides, although I like Arbroath and Forfar as well.

offshore_arab83
04-07-2019, 06:13 PM
I agree Terry. And it's not about how many goals we score. Brechin City have been good enough to provide us with a worthwhile warm-up game & it would be disrespectful to go home having gubbed your hosts. This game will be along the same lines as the 1-1 draw at East Fife on Saturday. Maybe a wee 3-0 for us with plenty players getting a run-out & no injuries will be a good compromise.

sorry but thats nonsense, f uck them, pump f uck out of them and build up confidence, Real done it for years, play small teams, horse them and get the momentum going

offshore_arab83
04-07-2019, 06:17 PM
stop being so f ucking soft, no chunt likes us anyways so why the f cuk should we we care when we do?

PartyFears2
05-07-2019, 05:27 PM
Shankland injured?

tHeArAb
05-07-2019, 06:04 PM
He's on the bench. Would imagine he'll start tomorrow.

Ex Baku Arab
05-07-2019, 06:06 PM
Shankland injured?

He is on the bench tonight so hopefully he gets 15-20 minutes tonight. Then a longer run out at Dumbarton tomorrow.

shedboy87
05-07-2019, 09:16 PM
Was impressed with everyone tonight, passed and kept the ball well and ran Brechin ragged at times. Everyone played their part.
Thought the trailist Pablo Ganet done really well and looks like he could be a player. Thought Liam Smith done well along with Stanton and Bouhenna too. Albeit against a lesser opposition but signs are promising. Looked extremely fit as well

Jeztheshed
05-07-2019, 09:39 PM
Wee Paul as energetic as ever. Still can't make my mind up about Sow. Definetly impressed with Stanton. Overall a million miles better than the pre season friendly with Brechin under Shabba a year ago...I remember we looked unfit as f uk then...much sharper this time. Bodes well

Chick A Saw
05-07-2019, 09:41 PM
Did i hear on the poor arabzone commentary we had 3 trialists in total, and if yes, any idea who they are? Ive seen Ganet and King mentioned, but the 3rd?

shedboy87
05-07-2019, 10:03 PM
Did i hear on the poor arabzone commentary we had 3 trialists in total, and if yes, any idea who they are? Ive seen Ganet and King mentioned, but the 3rd?

Na just the 2 trialists

offshore_arab83
06-07-2019, 07:41 AM
sorry but thats nonsense, f uck them, pump f uck out of them and build up confidence, Real done it for years, play small teams, horse them and get the momentum going

And pumped they were!!! :)

Overall I'm happy with that and the level of fitness but im not too keen on the laddie Adrian, early days of course but didnt see anything better or even similar to Booth or dare i say Robson and he looks very small.

Keepers had f uck all to do but Benji did have a kodak top corner fingertip save

Smith was good his nose is in a right state though, was some strike for his goal!

Connelly and Reynolds solid

McMullan looked fit, really fit. Lots of good runs, still canna deliver a ball though

Stanton was good, took his goal well

Chalmers was decent and also took his goal very well

The trialist Ganet, hmm, no sure we don't have any better already, lot of mislaid passes, never really ran at anyone or took anyone on, should have scored. would i offer him a contract based on last night, no.

Appere looks good and also took his goal well

Bohenna strolled it after a shakey first 15 mins

Sow was awkward, strong, looked good but limped off.

Shankland few good moves, laddie knows where goal is, he's always in or about the box. unlucky not to score

The rest aint worth mentioning really

Mr_Brightside
06-07-2019, 09:04 AM
And pumped they were!!! :)

Overall I'm happy with that and the level of fitness but im not too keen on the laddie Adrian, early days of course but didnt see anything better or even similar to Booth or dare i say Robson and he looks very small.

Keepers had f uck all to do but Benji did have a kodak top corner fingertip save

Smith was good his nose is in a right state though, was some strike for his goal!

Connelly and Reynolds solid

McMullan looked fit, really fit. Lots of good runs, still canna deliver a ball though

Stanton was good, took his goal well

Chalmers was decent and also took his goal very well

The trialist Ganet, hmm, no sure we don't have any better already, lot of mislaid passes, never really ran at anyone or took anyone on, should have scored. would i offer him a contract based on last night, no.

Appere looks good and also took his goal well

Bohenna strolled it after a shakey first 15 mins

Sow was awkward, strong, looked good but limped off.

Shankland few good moves, laddie knows where goal is, he's always in or about the box. unlucky not to score

Agree with the above. Thought the kid banks deserved a mention, he looks like a player!

The trialist was far better than some of the trialists we’ve gone on to sign in previous years but agree he doesn’t add much new to the midfield.

One winger and a 10 away from a title winning squad if you ask me.

TerryTheTerror
06-07-2019, 09:39 AM

I thought Harkes looked really good when he came on, can't remember him wasting a pass.

ClashCityRocker
06-07-2019, 01:41 PM
Good work out for the players against Brechin - but that was not Brechin's first team, included in their starting 11 were 5 trialists and they also had another 4 trialists on the bench.

Will all help with the confidence for the new season - but that was not Brechin's first team.

darrenshedtastic
06-07-2019, 03:48 PM
Good work out for the players against Brechin - but that was not Brechin's first team, included in their starting 11 were 5 trialists and they also had another 4 trialists on the bench.

Will all help with the confidence for the new season - but that was not Brechin's first team.

who cares if it wasnt their first team? they played dundee last week (with a similar team) and only lost 2 1 so that argument of its not their first team doesnt matter tbh.

a good run out and good goals