PDA

View Full Version : Will you be supporting the team?

HughieG
16-07-2019, 12:15 PM
When you are watching our games this coming season?

It's difficult. Normally I would say that we have to support the players no matter what as they are not at fault for what's going on. In some sense I feel this is the only right thing to do.

On the other hand, Ashley is taking the piss out of our club, and if we have a decent season he will somehow be able to legitimize the way he runs the club. A decent season is not a bad thing in of itself, but knowing Ashley he will stay on board, collect as much dinero as possible and leave us potentially hanging for relegation again.

It's actually really tough. In some ways, I wish we could just be relegated now and get it over with. I don't believe for one second he will sell the club whilst we are in the top division.

I feel for the players and I don't blame the want-away's. If they perform well, they will continue to have a sh!t, greedy owner who refuses to take the club forward and who is most happy with us on the brink of relegation (so he doesn't have to spend). If they do not perform well, we will likely get relegated but then at least some of them will be able to move on.

Dear me...............

toptoon
16-07-2019, 10:03 PM
I’ve never been so apathetic going into a new season, and there’s no point in really supporting the team until he’s gone......totally sickening.

Geordie1974
16-07-2019, 10:21 PM
I havent been to a game since he bought the club,was hard at first and after a few seasons I watched games on kodi,iptv etc when they were readily available.This year it's a clean break for me until he is gone.
It's not our Newcastle United,its not the one my Da introduced me to.Hes knocking on a bit now.He loves his cricket and I took him to Chester Le Street when we beat New Zealand,and he was over the moon with Sundays result.
He said to me all I need now is that fat cùnt to sell and we can have one last day at the match.I hope he gets it but in answer to supporting the team it's a NO from me.I cant associate with anything connected to Ashley.

TheOtherTerryMac
17-07-2019, 04:07 AM
It’s a NO from me

Jammy89
17-07-2019, 09:33 AM
I’ve never been so apathetic going into a new season, and there’s no point in really supporting the team until he’s gone......totally sickening.

Agreed.

I'll support the team in the sense I don't want us to lose but in not losing we validate the fat **** being here and the way he runs the club.

I don't know - i'm almost sick of football at the top level. Yet part of me can't stop watching/supporting etc.

It's horrible.

usedtobeshearer
17-07-2019, 09:40 AM
Agreed.

I'll support the team in the sense I don't want us to lose but in not losing we validate the fat **** being here and the way he runs the club.

I don't know - i'm almost sick of football at the top level. Yet part of me can't stop watching/supporting etc.

It's horrible.

Sums up how I feel perfectly.

HughieG
17-07-2019, 10:18 AM
Think Jammy has described how many of us feel there.

We love the game but it's being ruined - IMO - by money and greed generally, and more specifically in our case by Ashley.

Stanleymag
17-07-2019, 01:32 PM
Think Jammy has described how many of us feel there.

We love the game but it's being ruined - IMO - by money and greed generally, and more specifically in our case by Ashley.

I will continue to support the team, the 11 players on the pitch. My Son and me have given up on our season tickets, I feel we are sacrificing something we love doing together, for (ultimately), the good of, what used to be our Club.

It was a decision we made before the end of the season that unless there was a massive sea change in the ambition of MA, we would pack in going.

Well, there has been, but for the worse, making that decision even easier.

But I will still watch them on the tele and I will still support and shout for them. No b@#t@rd of an owner will stop me doing that.

As an aside, if we do get relegated, I hope it's a damming one, with very few points as another means of highlighting just how much this greedy fat **** has ruined our Club.

TheOtherTerryMac
17-07-2019, 02:22 PM
I will continue to support the team, the 11 players on the pitch. My Son and me have given up on our season tickets, I feel we are sacrificing something we love doing together, for (ultimately), the good of, what used to be our Club.

It was a decision we made before the end of the season that unless there was a massive sea change in the ambition of MA, we would pack in going.

Well, there has been, but for the worse, making that decision even easier.

But I will still watch them on the tele and I will still support and shout for them. No b@#t@rd of an owner will stop me doing that.

As an aside, if we do get relegated, I hope it's a damming one, with very few points as another means of highlighting just how much this greedy fat **** has ruined our Club.

I’ve given up completely with them now the appointment of Bruce has just shown me the total lack of ambition this Club has under Ashley.

No disrespect to Bruce but he is not a Premiership Manager I have taken the pledge not to even watch them this season. Will still pop on here though to read the doom and gloom.

Stanleymag
17-07-2019, 03:35 PM
I’ve given up completely with them now the appointment of Bruce has just shown me the total lack of ambition this Club has under Ashley.

No disrespect to Bruce but he is not a Premiership Manager I have taken the pledge not to even watch them this season. Will still pop on here though to read the doom and gloom.

I understand those not going Tez, but not to watch them play on TV, I couldn't do that.

I'd go mad.

HughieG
17-07-2019, 06:07 PM
McClaren was an even worse appointment than Bruce, and Kinnear before him. But back then there was still a feeling that Ashley might sell the club.

Now we know that is not his intention, but just a game he's playing. That's what makes it so hopeless.

TheOtherTerryMac
17-07-2019, 06:08 PM
I understand those not going Tez, but not to watch them play on TV, I couldn't do that.

I'd go mad.

It would only depress me more mate. He is Head Coach so effectively Ashley buys the players and Bruce trains them

Curian
17-07-2019, 06:23 PM
My heart says no my head says yes. Totally torn!

Sclox
17-07-2019, 06:31 PM
Will watch at a distance with all hope, emotion and expectation curbed. Its become a black comedy for me now and I feel sorry for anyone who sees it any differently.

Never felt as negatively in all the years as a fan.

Dark, dark times.

HughieG
18-07-2019, 07:36 AM
Will watch at a distance with all hope, emotion and expectation curbed. Its become a black comedy for me now and I feel sorry for anyone who sees it any differently.

Never felt as negatively in all the years as a fan.

Dark, dark times.

I feel exactly this way. I care about our club, not this joke of a Sports Direct branch that Ashley has turned NUFC into.

ghostrider
18-07-2019, 08:02 AM
I feel exactly this way. I care about our club, not this joke of a Sports Direct branch that Ashley has turned NUFC into.

Where you around when we were in the old second division for years and looked to have zero prospects to get out, other than to fight among many clubs trying to get out but struggling?
I was a fan then, full on, amid all that stuff, as I imagine many on here were.
Is the club worse now than then?

Sometimes it's worth taking a step back and wondering what acceptance is for any time and hope.
Expectation is better thought of as the low shot. Survival is an expectation, as is.

From that point, there's hope, whether it's hope for a higher spot or a cup run or a new player or big result...and so on.
There's fans going to non league games, full of excitement and gusto for their day out to see their team win, lose or draw but with a hope of a win, always...and generally without too much expectation, unless they've been spoilt by blank cheque, live above the means owners...which is a rarity in the lower leagues.

People think Newcastle United, a premier league club is a club in turmoil and yet nobody seems to give a passing thought to all those other clubs that finished below us, as being in turmoil. Weird as all hell.

AP69
18-07-2019, 09:00 AM
IF you were there and it's a big IF you would know those 4 (89 - 93) years spent in Div 2 were a world away from where we are now

No mega rich owner

No £185m income

I still bet we spent more (net) in those 4 years on players than Ashley has in the last 12

You would also remember the fanbase although smaller was way more militant than it is now and things would of been done to rid the club of this leech

We should not be in this position we are in the richest league in the world and should be getting a lot of money for sponsorship (as other clubs in the league do)
We were the 19th richest club in the world last year and have a war chest of £50m

That's like going to war with empty water pistols

bib60
18-07-2019, 05:21 PM
After 50 years have given up, did not even realised we were playing until I got home from work, just totally disconnected.

HughieG
18-07-2019, 05:52 PM
Where you around when we were in the old second division for years and looked to have zero prospects to get out, other than to fight among many clubs trying to get out but struggling?
I was a fan then, full on, amid all that stuff, as I imagine many on here were.
Is the club worse now than then?

Sometimes it's worth taking a step back and wondering what acceptance is for any time and hope.
Expectation is better thought of as the low shot. Survival is an expectation, as is.

From that point, there's hope, whether it's hope for a higher spot or a cup run or a new player or big result...and so on.
There's fans going to non league games, full of excitement and gusto for their day out to see their team win, lose or draw but with a hope of a win, always...and generally without too much expectation, unless they've been spoilt by blank cheque, live above the means owners...which is a rarity in the lower leagues.

People think Newcastle United, a premier league club is a club in turmoil and yet nobody seems to give a passing thought to all those other clubs that finished below us, as being in turmoil. Weird as all hell.

I think you and I have completely different ideas of what ambition means, and what that means to a fan. I'm not satisfied, like you seem to be, with looking at the teams that finished below us just so I can go "At least they're worse off and in much more turmoil than us - thus Ashley must be doing brilliantly!"

That philosophy doesn't make any sense. Football is about prospering and that's exactly where hope enters the frame. The hope that we can compete with the greatest clubs in this country, the greatest clubs in Europe again. And everything is in place for us to do that, and we can even come out of it as a financially stable club. Ashley just won't let that happen. Weird as all hell.

It's not even that any of us expect us that this will happen, but we demand that we try. And you know we aren't.