PDA

View Full Version : Any more food options this season?

great_fire
18-07-2019, 02:39 PM
I hope it's not going to be another season where there's three pies to choose from and a sausage roll and that's it.

I'd like an all-steak pie, chicken and mushroom, Cornish pasty maybe and how about some non-pie options?

Chips, pizza, noodles, jacket potatoes, sandwiches even.

Sick of the same basic options season after season and can't be the only one.

flourbasher
18-07-2019, 03:33 PM
Popeye,s have alternatives and are very friendly and efficient.

Oh no what have I started........

caytonmiller
18-07-2019, 03:56 PM
In hospitality for the first few seasons they did a very good selection. Chilli, pie, Cumberland sausage, various roasts, Currys ect. Only problem is 50% of the folk up there are over 60. After several complaints the selection is either pie or a roast. Fkin pensioners

Hazza Has A Gazza
18-07-2019, 03:57 PM
Yes let's have some more overpriced junk food please.

great_fire
18-07-2019, 04:13 PM
Yes let's have some more overpriced junk food please.

Jacket potatoes aren't junk food, noodles aren't that bad either, and you can have healthy sandwiches too.

The current selection isn't exactly healthy.

wrinkly
18-07-2019, 04:13 PM
I did see that the council were digging up main street where the burger van parks.

Possibly putting on a mains hook up for utilities (water, drainage, gas leccy) for the van so that it can provide an even better service for the more discerning punter?

great_fire
18-07-2019, 04:28 PM
I did see that the council were digging up main street where the burger van parks.

Possibly putting on a mains hook up for utilities (water, drainage, gas leccy) for the van so that it can provide an even better service for the more discerning punter?

I saw that.

Also the office next to the club shop now has desks, chairs, and telephones in it, Mears I think.

CAMiller
18-07-2019, 04:44 PM
I think your comment about 'the more discerning punter' probably highlights the supply v demand issue. Here's what you can get in Seattle if you go to a baseball game, but it's going to cost you more than the price of a simple Pukka pie!

https://www.mlb.com/mariners/ballpark/top-eats

Brin
18-07-2019, 05:01 PM
I saw that.

Also the office next to the club shop now has desks, chairs, and telephones in it, Mears I think.

Correct, passed it today it is where their office is based or at least one of them.

Taken on board to what’s on offer and even that sometimes runs out at half times. Very poor indeed.

MagyarMiller
18-07-2019, 05:07 PM
I think your comment about 'the more discerning punter' probably highlights the supply v demand issue. Here's what you can get in Seattle if you go to a baseball game, but it's going to cost you more than the price of a simple Pukka pie!

https://www.mlb.com/mariners/ballpark/top-eats

Blimey Cam if we had that much choice, a lot would miss most of the match, first making their minds up then waiting to get it once they had.

flourbasher
18-07-2019, 05:46 PM
I met an American bloke on holiday recently who used to play American football for the Seattle Seahawks.
He also married a San Francisco cheerleader.

Funnily enough he didnt mention food as a priority of his

CAMiller
18-07-2019, 05:58 PM
I met an American bloke on holiday recently who used to play American football for the Seattle Seahawks.
He also married a San Francisco cheerleader.

Funnily enough he didnt mention food as a priority of his

Not sure what liking food has to do with it but do you remember his name? I don't think the players nip around the concourses before/during/after the game for a quick bite to eat. They get all that fully catered for and I've heard from people in the supply business it often runs to around $500-$1000 per player per game. Bit costly when there's 45 players on the team.

Grist_To_The_Mill
18-07-2019, 05:59 PM
Popeyes burger, pint in Cutlers, then it’s all downhill from there lol

flourbasher
18-07-2019, 06:15 PM
Only got his Christian name which was Marshall.
He now farms beef cattle in Texas.
He only played professionally for one season in the 80's as he got concussed for the last and twelfth time.

Doctors say stop and he got an insurance pay off. His cheerleader wife stayed with him.

The reason we got onto the subject was because I said don't the Dallas Cowboys have the most attractive cheerleaders as that's his local team now. He said yep and I married one from San Fran 49ers

great_fire
18-07-2019, 07:12 PM
What about this semillion that seems to be available in the home end, will that be available in the west stand next season? XD

I do like a nice French white.

Scum-Triumphant
18-07-2019, 07:36 PM
A few years ago I was at the madjeski stadium. At half time a bloke on a moped from Pizza Hut rode up the side of the pitch. They did some kind of sponsorship. A seat number was chosen at random and he went up and delivered them a pizza.

MagyarMiller
18-07-2019, 07:48 PM
What about this semillion that seems to be available in the home end, will that be available in the west stand next season? XD

I do like a nice French white.

Sounds like it might not be available anywhere next season, unfortunately.
Not in our ground anyway,but seems like somebody might have got a very cheap batch if another thread is correct

millertop
18-07-2019, 07:51 PM
I hope it's not going to be another season where there's three pies to choose from and a sausage roll and that's it.

I'd like an all-steak pie, chicken and mushroom, Cornish pasty maybe and how about some non-pie options?

Chips, pizza, noodles, jacket potatoes, sandwiches even.

Sick of the same basic options season after season and can't be the only one.

I’m sure they do burgers in WS.

I’d be happy with a roast pork sarnie instead of a pie for a change but unless we all bombard the club with these suggestions then it’s a waste of time

Oh and I suggested soup (proper though not this cuppa soup ****e) in winter months but fell on deaf ears it seems

great_fire
18-07-2019, 07:53 PM

I’d be happy with a roast pork sarnie instead of a pie for a change but unless we all bombard the club with these suggestions then it’s a waste of time

Never seen a burger, maybe they do at some of the stands, I know there's some that do mushy peas and some that don't.

That Seattle Mariners menu though, it's s different level, sports stadium catering is still in it's infancy here.

I don't know why we don't have a noodle bar though, they have them at transport interchanges and hardly take up much space.

millertop
18-07-2019, 07:55 PM
Never seen a burger, maybe they do at some of the stands, I know there's some that do mushy peas and some that don't.

That Seattle Mariners menu though, it's s different level, sports stadium catering is still in it's infancy here.

Yes I’m sure WS did that aswell.

Pizza at ES I heard but it was them finger ones for kids

Scum-Triumphant
18-07-2019, 07:57 PM

Oh and I suggested soup (proper though not this cuppa soup ****e) in winter months but fell on deaf ears it seems

There’s hot dogs in the West stand but they’re crap. About a fiver, no onions or mustard.

great_fire
18-07-2019, 08:03 PM
I noticed the other day there's a mobile catering van selling Thai food on Sheffield Road, just off the Ickles roundabout, don't know if it's there on Saturdays though.

Pattylallacks2
18-07-2019, 08:04 PM
Snake and chips

millertop
18-07-2019, 08:06 PM
Can always go to loaded food hall (1915 bar) not sure what’s on offer but I’m sure there’s Thai food

great_fire
18-07-2019, 08:10 PM
Can always go to loaded food hall (1915 bar) not sure what’s on offer but I’m sure there’s Thai food

Always meant to go in there, prices don't look too bad drinks-wise.

Scum-Triumphant
18-07-2019, 08:24 PM

Loading Bay. I’ve been in a few times. The Thai food is spot on. You get choice of dish, spring rolls, rice and a fishcake for a tenner.