PDA

View Full Version : Two signings...

HughieG
19-07-2019, 07:57 AM
Bruce insists he'll be nobody's puppet at NUFC - which is why he is certain he will get at least two signings over the line before the window shuts XD

Two signings will hardly be enough for us to have a full subs bench.

Curian
19-07-2019, 08:40 AM
I have been following various threads and streams on who we may sign, all bull of course, unless you believe he is going to be bringing in 3 ex Hull players! Utter garbage the amount of false stories of who we are interested in. If he gets 2 decent players across the line it will be a miracle.

Same old same old. I reckon Ashley takes lessons from Boris and Donald on how to sell fake news, only difference is toon fans don't believe Ashley.

HughieG
19-07-2019, 08:42 AM
If he gets 2 decent players across the line it will be a miracle.

By Ashley's standards, yes, it will be a miracle.

By any other standard it's a disgrace.

Zippity
19-07-2019, 09:24 AM
Wow....that's the height of his ambition???????????

Two signings?? Well we've already lost our two strikers, a winger and a midfielder-and NO, I don't consider Gayle, Colback and Murphy replacements for Rondon, Diame and Kenedy so even if we get 4 new ones in, we'll still be back to where we were-a squad that almost any other manager would have been relegated with which still includes Ats and Manquillo! Add to that the fact that Yedlin is a massive liability defensively and Murphy, Gayle and Colback are all Chimpo players at the very best and we are on a hiding to absolutely nothing.

Scott Kirkland
19-07-2019, 09:36 AM
We are already short on quality, Our bench is a joke, So now he expects 3 outgoing players with 2 coming in.

HughieG
19-07-2019, 10:05 AM
Wow....that's the height of his ambition???????????

Two signings?? Well we've already lost our two strikers, a winger and a midfielder-and NO, I don't consider Gayle, Colback and Murphy replacements for Rondon, Diame and Kenedy so even if we get 4 new ones in, we'll still be back to where we were-a squad that almost any other manager would have been relegated with which still includes Ats and Manquillo! Add to that the fact that Yedlin is a massive liability defensively and Murphy, Gayle and Colback are all Chimpo players at the very best and we are on a hiding to absolutely nothing.

This sums it up perfectly. No ambition on Bruce's behalf either, makes sense that Ashley finds him suitable for the job.

But no, we all have to get behind Bruce, he deserves a chance, he's gonna make a difference, it's not his fault at all...

sherwoodmag
19-07-2019, 10:45 AM
Bruce insists he'll be nobody's puppet at NUFC - which is why he is certain he will get at least two signings over the line before the window shuts XD

Two signings will hardly be enough for us to have a full subs bench. The interview I saw he said we need to replace Rondon and Perez at least.He never mentioned ONLY two signings.Thats not to say the fat man will sanction ANY signings.

Zippity
19-07-2019, 10:56 AM
The interview I saw he said we need to replace Rondon and Perez at least.He never mentioned ONLY two signings.Thats not to say the fat man will sanction ANY signings.

""We are active in the transfer market as we speak and hopefully, we can get a couple of players over the line." is what he said.

Then again, in the same interview he also said "I'm like every Geordie living that dream, how lucky am I?"

Hmm...he's progressed quite far from from "managing Newcastle was never my dream job"

Sherwood, you may be right about him not being given a chance if we're having a go at every word he says before one of his teams has kicked a ball. XD

HughieG
19-07-2019, 11:14 AM
The interview I saw he said we need to replace Rondon and Perez at least.He never mentioned ONLY two signings.Thats not to say the fat man will sanction ANY signings.

He said that Rondon and Perez have left and that area needs to be looked at. And then he said he wants to make at least a couple of signings. So there's no implication that the two strikers will definitely be replaced and then some...

Doesn't seem like he himself is convinced we'll get more than two over the line. Worrying if we're interested in staying in the league.

Scott Kirkland
19-07-2019, 12:45 PM
Ashley's hand was up his arse moving his head. Mike is a Ventriloquist Bruce is his puppet. He will be sat on Mike's knee during interviews.

TheOtherTerryMac
19-07-2019, 01:16 PM
Bruce said he met Mike Ashley and he seemed very straightforward and honest

FFS you couldn’t make it up

Cannylad
19-07-2019, 04:58 PM
Get the feeling Fernandez might be on the move too, he hasn't had much playing time. Hope not, he's solid in the back usually.

ex_pat_magpie
19-07-2019, 05:03 PM
Bruce said he met Mike Ashley and he seemed very straightforward and honest

FFS you couldn’t make it up

I didn't realise that Bruce was so gullible.

Jammy89
19-07-2019, 08:23 PM
""We are active in the transfer market as we speak and hopefully, we can get a couple of players over the line." is what he said.

I'm going to be optimistic and hope it's a couple in the same way i'm only having a couple more when at pub XD

Get the feeling Fernandez might be on the move too, he hasn't had much playing time. Hope not, he's solid in the back usually.

Bizarrely i think he'll stay and actually do well with Bruce, he massively fits his type of player.

ghostrider
20-07-2019, 06:11 AM
I'm more than optimistic we'll get a good few over the line.
The ones we lost will be replaced, imo and then some.

However, remember the ones that Rafa didn't use and those he discarded, or sent to Coventry, so to speak.
Bruce comes in with a clean slate attitude and players that were thought of as pointless of a waste under Rafa, just might start producing under a different set up of Bruce.