PDA

View Full Version : WTF I didn't even know Ireland played Cricket

BaggieBlood
24-07-2019, 11:58 AM
But they are battering us 67-9.

9goals2hattricks3pen
24-07-2019, 12:01 PM
Four of us decided against our usual Friday visit to a Lords Test as it wouldn't be much of a contest. Looks a good decision.

Anyone out there know how to hold a bat?

Dubbag
24-07-2019, 01:16 PM
For some reason....I am not surprised by that.....Your present one day champions is co captained by an Irish man....

WBA1955
24-07-2019, 02:48 PM

It's a good job not many nations play the game or we would look even worse than we are.

Parse the Port Gerald.

Yarmbaggie
24-07-2019, 02:53 PM
Who can forget the match in the 2011 WC when they beat us! We couldn’t defend a decent total of over 300 against them.

WBA1955
24-07-2019, 03:01 PM
English sportsmen and defeat...they go together like keck and kent.

mickd1961
24-07-2019, 03:23 PM
Four of us decided against our usual Friday visit to a Lords Test as it wouldn't be much of a contest. Looks a good decision.

Anyone out there know how to hold a bat?

A total embarrassment 923.

I’m sick of this half a r s e d,self entitled bunch of players,it just feels like Root and his mates.

I can tell Ed Smith right now that Rory Burns is NEVER going to be a success so bin him now.

He bats like he’s got Tourette’s,six separate twitches including that ridiculous head turn towards square leg just before the ball artives!!

Ludicrous......hideous to watch as well.

Denly.........six or seven years too late.

We need players with solid technique and to try younger blood at the top of the order.

The lack of application and a willingness to be patient and guts it out is unbelievable.

Foakes for example.......a proper batsman.

This is as dismal a day I can remember as an England fan.......Root needs to hang his head in shame as does Bayliss,the Aussies must be licking their lips.

goodlordmurphy
24-07-2019, 04:42 PM
Who can forget the match in the 2011 WC when they beat us! We couldn’t defend a decent total of over 300 against them.

It happens once in a while Yarm, similar to the yanks beating us at football in the fiftys Stanley Mathews and all.

goodlordmurphy
24-07-2019, 04:46 PM

I’m sick of this half a r s e d,self entitled bunch of players,it just feels like Root and his mates.

I can tell Ed Smith right now that Rory Burns is NEVER going to be a success so bin him now.

He bats like he’s got Tourette’s,six separate twitches including that ridiculous head turn towards square leg just before the ball artives!!

We need players with solid technique and to try younger blood at the top of the order.

The lack of application and a willingness to be patient and guts it out is unbelievable.

This is as dismal a day I can remember as an England fan.......Root needs to hang his head in shame as does Bayliss,the Aussies must be licking their lips.

Just with the names that you have mentioned Mick the team must look nothing like the team that will face Australia.....at least I bloody well hope not...:O

mickd1961
24-07-2019, 06:12 PM
Just with the names that you have mentioned Mick the team must look nothing like the team that will face Australia.....at least I bloody well hope not...:O

How can selectors think that Burns is an international player?

A technical abortion of a player.

I watched a YouTube feature yesterday with Geoff Boycott and Ricky Ponting talking to Michael Vaughan about batting.

An absolute masterclass by both of them.

Foot to the pitch of the ball,ball under the eyeline,a straight elbow........all basic stuff but so necessary.

All these coaches and bib carriers and analysts and yet nobody has the backbone to play the shine off the ball.

Bayliss is too laid back,someone needs to give this lot an almighty b o l l o c k i n g.

We are so bad at the top of the order we might as well give youngsters like Tom Banton,Dom Sibley or Zack Crawley a go because they couldn’t be any worse.

goodlordmurphy
24-07-2019, 06:58 PM
I don't think they will play the shower of 'hite that they have used lately, the Aussies must be faced head on or the buggers will walk all over us. I agree they do need a big gee up.

I've not followed any of the Ireland match as it doesn't mean much only that we should be beating them.

Dubbag
24-07-2019, 07:10 PM
Close of play day one.
England 85 (Murtagh 5-13, Adair 3-32, Rankin 2-5) & 0-0
Ireland 207 (Balbirnie 55; Curran 3-28, Stone 3-29, Broad 3-52)
England trail by 122 runs.
Could be a long hot day in he field for the Irish tomorrow....But fantastic first day all told..

9goals2hattricks3pen
25-07-2019, 10:18 AM
Just heard it said on TMS that in the last 29 tests England have passed 400 once and in that time been bowled out in under 60 overs 7 times.

The Aussies are playing a warm up between the Test Side and the A Team and in the 3 completed innings haven't got past 170. So there is a straw and I am clutching to it.

TipperaryBaggie
25-07-2019, 10:51 AM

Totally agree about Joe Denly Mick. An ageing batsman who is not even the best batsman at Kent at the moment. That accolade goes to Zak Crawley who surely must be one for any future England squad. Talking about the future and bearing in mind the great tradition of wicketkeepers in Kent, then I think that Ollie Robinson will make waves over the next couple of years.

9goals2hattricks3pen
25-07-2019, 12:05 PM
After this latest failure from Burns we have to blood one of the youngsters now rather than waiting for the 3rd test and 4 more failures.

Albionic68
25-07-2019, 01:27 PM
Are mummy's little soldiers officially sh!t again now then?

mickd1961
25-07-2019, 03:06 PM
After this latest failure from Burns we have to blood one of the youngsters now rather than waiting for the 3rd test and 4 more failures.

Burns is hopeless.

He’s also a very awkward and unathletic looking individual.

He has square shoulders and no neck......he’s the white Gladstone Small,moreover he is NOT and England class player.

Dubbag
25-07-2019, 07:39 PM
Get your batsman out tomorrow morning without to much been added....Could give us a run chase of around 200...perhaps????
Asking a lot of the Irish batting order me thinks...but at least is has gone into the third day...which had exceeded the Irish best scenario plan...

mickd1961
25-07-2019, 08:41 PM
We’ve batted like c hunts yet again!

Pathetic......total lightweights with not a jot of common sense amongst them.

We had the game in the bag with Leach and Roy cruising but instead of sensibly getting another 100 in the partnership Roy loses patience and plays the shot of a t w a t!

They simply never learn.

Dubbag
25-07-2019, 09:09 PM
We’ve batted like c hunts yet again!

Pathetic......total lightweights with not a jot of common sense amongst them.

We had the game in the bag with Leach and Roy cruising but instead of sensibly getting another 100 in the partnership Roy loses patience and plays the shot of a t w a t!

They simply never learn.

Ah Mick you need to respect your opponents....you are playing against a top test cricketing nation now....;)

mickd1961
25-07-2019, 09:16 PM
Ah Mick you need to respect your opponents....you are playing against a top test cricketing nation now....;)

😆 Yes of course Dub......how silly of me!

Dubbag
25-07-2019, 10:57 PM
�� Yes of course Dub......how silly of me!

If Ireland have to chase 200 runs....it will be a huge ask as our batting is not very strong....ever since Morgan went to the English team.....
But we may be lucky and get two good days of heavy rain....;)

TipperaryBaggie
26-07-2019, 08:50 AM
If Ireland have to chase 200 runs....it will be a huge ask as our batting is not very strong....ever since Morgan went to the English team.....
But we may be lucky and get two good days of heavy rain....;)

The game is being played at Lords Dub not The Emerald Isle!

TipperaryBaggie
26-07-2019, 10:47 AM
You are a Jonah Dubs. Bloody raining at Lords now. Should have played it at Malahide!!

Dubbag
26-07-2019, 04:02 PM
Well.....In the songs wrote about this epic defeat in months to come...it will mainly be devoted to day one of the game....the other days will be forgotten quickly....

TipperaryBaggie
26-07-2019, 05:01 PM
I thought the Irish had the upper hand for two days of this game. The just froze with the winning line in sight.

Dubbag
26-07-2019, 05:11 PM
I thought the Irish had the upper hand for two days of this game. The just froze with the winning line in sight.

All knew to them...batting for anything longer then a one day session is new ground...Need to learn to stay and chose your shots wisely....
Growing from a vey small level over here....even soccer would have more interest...

mickd1961
26-07-2019, 05:28 PM

Only the Irish could be out for less than double top 😆

Fair play to you lot though,your bowling was excellent in both innings and it gave us a real kick in the nuts before The Ashes which proved to be much needed.

From now on we should be playing at least two tests against you every year to help your growth.

I think that in your home conditions a test win is close on the horizon against a whole host of countries such as Zimbabwe,Bangladesh and Sri Lanka and other nations that don’t travel well.