PDA

View Full Version : Credit Where Due...

SwalePie
25-07-2019, 12:59 AM
There will apparently be fan-organised bucket collections to aid the unpaid Notts staff at both Forest and Derby's pre-season games this week. I think we have to admire the solidarity of these gestures. Good for them! I believee the funds will be handed over to NCFCOSA rather than the club, of course.

slack_pie
25-07-2019, 03:24 AM
There will apparently be fan-organised bucket collections to aid the unpaid Notts staff at both Forest and Derby's pre-season games this week. I think we have to admire the solidarity of these gestures. Good for them! I believee the funds will be handed over to NCFCOSA rather than the club, of course.

Absolutely. From what I've seen, Forest fans in particular have been genuinely saddened, concerned, and even angry about what's going on at Notts. At the end of the day, we share a city with them (well, sort of) and our histories are forever intertwined. The local community should always pull together in times of crisis, regardless of club loyalties.

The only people sticking the boot in are Mansfield fans, a lot of whom seem to think we (as in the fans) deserve all this.

Yellafella63
25-07-2019, 03:45 AM
The only people sticking the boot in are Mansfield fans, a lot of whom seem to think we (as in the fans) deserve all this.

Don't generalise slack. Your persecution complex is showing. Most stags fans dont want you to go out of business, some are disinterested and a few are revelling in your misfortune. I would guess the same could be said of the fans of most local clubs.

slack_pie
25-07-2019, 04:15 AM
Don't generalise slack. Your persecution complex is showing. Most stags fans dont want you to go out of business, some are disinterested and a few are revelling in your misfortune. I would guess the same could be said of the fans of most local clubs.

Of course I don't mean all Mansfield fans. Every team has a vocal minority of idiots who make the rest look bad. I'm just saying that based on what I've seen on various social media platforms, nobody is enjoying our plight more than you lot. It's merely an observation.

ForeignLegion
25-07-2019, 04:27 AM
Yes, a lot of my Rampton inhabiting red mates, who initially thought the whole thing was a great laugh, now are saddened by what's occurred/occurring. They too, want to see us competing on a level playing field again and looking forward to local derbies.

Like many on here, I've been to a few of them, seen Notts win, lose and draw and they are fantastic occasions.

Yellafella63
25-07-2019, 06:30 AM
Of course I don't mean all Mansfield fans. Every team has a vocal minority of idiots who make the rest look bad. I'm just saying that based on what I've seen on various social media platforms, nobody is enjoying our plight more than you lot. It's merely an observation.

Agreed, I don't think they realise how losing clubs like Notts diminishes the league, replacing clubs like notts, Chesterfield, stockport etc with fylde, Salford and the like significantly weakens the EFL.

queenslandpie
25-07-2019, 06:48 AM

I've seen plenty of Florist fans sticking the boot in. Yellow Fellow is right there are bad apples at every club just like life and the majority of people are decent regardless of their colours.

Warnocks Legends
25-07-2019, 07:21 AM
It's a fantastic gesture by forest and Derby fans and I will not be making any negative comments about either club. It's times like these that the wider football community need to stick together.

slack_pie
25-07-2019, 07:40 AM
I've seen plenty of Florist fans sticking the boot in. Yellow Fellow is right there are bad apples at every club just like life and the majority of people are decent regardless of their colours.

Of course. I'm sure we have our fair share of numpties and keyboard warriors as well. It's just a shame when their voices are heard the loudest.

ncfcog
25-07-2019, 07:40 AM
If we ever get to Eastleigh you will find there will be NL bucket collections around the ground, not for Notts' staff but to raise cash for new defibrillators in the name of Justin Edinburgh . . . so many causes, never enough cash.

Well done to those fans from Forest and Derby for their support, I am sure it will be well received.

Bridg4d_Pie_
25-07-2019, 08:09 AM
If we ever get to Eastleigh you will find there will be NL bucket collections around the ground, not for Notts' staff but to raise cash for new defibrillators in the name of Justin Edinburgh . . . so many causes, never enough cash.

Well done to those fans from Forest and Derby for their support, I am sure it will be well received.

Hear, Hear, 150% in agreement with your words, we all like banter & at times we may all go a step too far, by my own admission l am aware that l do.