PDA

View Full Version : O/T Good on you, Boris

TheBlackHorse
25-07-2019, 11:56 AM
... clearing the chaff out of the Cabinet; firing shots across the Establishment bough; finishing preparation for a no deal exit. A likely pre-exit election will help clear out the Remoaner MP's who denied the wishes of their constituents.
This is probably the nearest we'll get to a revolution. The pro remain media will be wetting themselves and there will undoubtedly be some kind of rearguard action by the pro-remain Establishment; so should be fun watching them squirm.
Oh, and NI can join up with Eire if they don't like it; Scotland can f off too.

JoePass
25-07-2019, 12:15 PM
... clearing the chaff out of the Cabinet; firing shots across the Establishment bough; finishing preparation for a no deal exit. A likely pre-exit election will help clear out the Remoaner MP's who denied the wishes of their constituents.
This is probably the nearest we'll get to a revolution. The pro remain media will be wetting themselves and there will undoubtedly be some kind of rearguard action by the pro-remain Establishment; so should be fun watching them squirm.

Don’t you be upsetting Sid when he is out sunbathing in his mankini.

slack_pie
25-07-2019, 12:18 PM
It's remarkable that people think Johnson is somehow anti-establishment.

TheBlackHorse
25-07-2019, 12:28 PM
... it's the Treasury and Civil Service that has been so obstructive to progress towards exit. At least Boris has addressed the Treasury part; the Civil Service aspect will need different tactics.

wossie
25-07-2019, 12:29 PM
More chance of me winning the jackpot on the lottery than BoJo getting Brexit done.

TheBlackHorse
25-07-2019, 12:32 PM
... woosie... any chance your name is Thomas?

Bushwacka
25-07-2019, 12:40 PM
It's remarkable that people think Johnson is somehow anti-establishment.

Agreed. I really don't care anymore, what will be will be, but the idea that a cabinet that is 65% private school educated will serve the interests of anyone but themselves is just mad.

Nottsowell
25-07-2019, 12:42 PM
More chance of me winning the jackpot on the lottery than BoJo getting Brexit done.

Sadly, I agree, Parliament will conspire to thwart it somehow with the help of the civil 'service'.

macse15
25-07-2019, 12:49 PM

Yawn .... The usual Blackshirt propaganda no doubt meant to read whilst a rousing chorus of "Tomorrow Belongs To Me" plays in the background,

Sheffield Pie
25-07-2019, 01:16 PM
Boris is anti-establishment? That's up there with Hitler was left wing and the club will be sold in 7 to 10 days.

BigFatPie
25-07-2019, 01:46 PM
I’ve always liked your parody of an idiot far right Brexiter conspiracy theorist Black Hoss, but your OP is up there with the best of them.

More!

Skatorna
25-07-2019, 01:58 PM
Agreed. I really don't care anymore, what will be will be, but the idea that a cabinet that is 65% private school educated will serve the interests of anyone but themselves is just mad.

The idea that any cabinet and virtually any politician seek to serve the interests of anyone but themselves is just mad

ivansneck
25-07-2019, 02:01 PM
... it's the Treasury and Civil Service that has been so obstructive to progress towards exit. At least Boris has addressed the Treasury part; the Civil Service aspect will need different tactics.

The treasury is part of the civil service

TheBlackHorse
25-07-2019, 02:36 PM
... oh forgive me; most humble apologies ... should have said - 'specifically the traitor Hammond and his Treasury cronies' ... that ok for you ?

sidders
25-07-2019, 03:57 PM
What really p i s s e s me off is when people sticking by principles and inconvenient truths are called 'traitors'. By that reckoning, some of the great statesmen and scientists in history would have been called traitors.
Anyway, have your moment, Anna Sewell, it won't last, but at least it will be fun watching the new resident clown in the Westminster circus.

Jeekay56
25-07-2019, 04:15 PM
firing shots across the Establishment bough

navypie, have a word.

TheBlackHorse
25-07-2019, 04:17 PM
... Snobhead 2 , anyone who feins that he wants to go in one direction but works to defeat progress towards that goal is a traitor to the cause. He should have resigned long ago; but power corrupts ...

sidders
25-07-2019, 04:21 PM
... Snobhead 2 , anyone who feins that he wants to go in one direction but works to defeat progress towards that goal is a traitor to the cause. He should have resigned long ago; but power corrupts ...

it's 'feigns', thicko. No one said we had to have a no deal, Brexit, did they? Hammond worked for a deal.

dam617
25-07-2019, 05:16 PM
it's 'feigns', thicko. No one said we had to have a no deal, Brexit, did they? Hammond worked for a deal.

Speaking of useless Chancellors, one of Gideon's Prophecies Of Doom is coming to fruition.

German manufacturing is in free fall and ' in a grey area between a marked growth slowdown and a recession'.
Manufacturing PMI index is at its worse since 2012.

Gideon did mean Germany did he?

forwardmagpie
25-07-2019, 05:26 PM
Speaking of useless Chancellors, one of Gideon's Prophecies Of Doom is coming to fruition.

German manufacturing is in free fall and ' in a grey area between a marked growth slowdown and a recession'.
Manufacturing PMI index is at its worse since 2012.

Gideon did mean Germany did he?

And Brexit seems to be causing Nissan to have a worldwide slump

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2019/07/24/business/nissan-cut-10000-jobs-worldwide-profits-plunge-report/#.XTnl6rPTWEc

BigFatPie
25-07-2019, 05:39 PM
You Brexit lads still furiously pulling yourselves off at the tiniest bit of bad financial news from Germany or elsewhere, like any of it has anything to do with the moronic decision WE made.

TheBlackHorse
25-07-2019, 07:30 PM
... gracious thanks Sn2. Spelling it Fein must have been a Freudian slip ... thinking of those murderous bar-stewards who have effectively caused the current border problem with their never ending threat of violence. NI should join up with Eire and we'd be rid of the problem. I'd welcome any NI born residents as immigrants to the mainland. Cheers.

Simon the Pieman
25-07-2019, 08:01 PM
At times of crisis, for light relief, I really do enjoy these debates. What a bunch of cunning linguists you are. Keep going. I only found out recently that Jeremy Corbyn invited his mates round to view Diane Abbott in his bed.
Don't have nightmares.

Elite_Pie
25-07-2019, 08:13 PM
At times of crisis, for light relief, I really do enjoy these debates. What a bunch of cunning linguists you are. Keep going. I only found out recently that Jeremy Corbyn invited his mates round to view Diane Abbott in his bed.
Don't have nightmares.

So which way do you swing Simon? I'm guessing that because on a Boris Johnson thread, you only choose to mention Jeremy Corbyn and Diane Abbott in a ***ual context that you probably come from the Soccerman school of politics. Tell us your true colours.

Notsohumblepie
25-07-2019, 08:18 PM
So which way do you swing Simon? I'm guessing that because on a Boris Johnson thread, you only choose to mention Jeremy Corbyn and Diane Abbott in a ***ual context that you probably come from the Soccerman school of politics. Tell us your true colours.

If he said John Major, and Edwina Currie would that satisfy your burgeoning sense on injustice ?

Elite_Pie
25-07-2019, 08:36 PM
If he said John Major, and Edwina Currie would that satisfy your burgeoning sense on injustice ?

Not really, both are equally vomit inducing.

I just don't get that how to many of our right wing posters the notion that Corbyn and Labour probably would have made a complete f@ckup of Brexit somehow excuses the fact that May and the Tories undeniably have made a complete f@ckup of Brexit.

drillerpie
25-07-2019, 08:59 PM
NI should join up with Eire and we'd be rid of the problem.

That's genius. Surprised nobody ever thought of that before.

BigFatPie
25-07-2019, 09:50 PM
That's genius. Surprised nobody ever thought of that before.

Fair play to the Hoss, at least he’s honest about his thoughts. The vast majority of the Conservative and Unionist Party and Brexiters hadn’t given a single thought to NI before the ref, it’s only lately they’ve had to pretend to give a toss.

Personally, I would love it if there was a united Ireland.

dam617
25-07-2019, 11:40 PM
You Brexit lads still furiously pulling yourselves off at the tiniest bit of bad financial news from Germany or elsewhere, like any of it has anything to do with the moronic decision WE made.

Deutsche Bank is a basket case too.
You're correct, neither has anything to do with the Leave vote, I don't think anyone has implied this.
We need to be as far away as possible when the begging bowls start rattling.