PDA

View Full Version : If it is admin ...

slack_pie
26-07-2019, 04:25 AM
It now looks like the very best we can hope for is administration and starting the season on -10 points with one centre back. It's that or liquidation, by all accounts.

So assuming we get 'lucky' and go into admin, does anyone know how long this process can take? First of all the process of being put into administration, and second the process of finding a buyer - is there a time limit to either of these, or does it just take as long as it takes?

Basically, if we go into admin, when can we realistically expect to be bought, and thus have the transfer embargo lifted?

I suppose it doesn't matter too much anyway. If we start on -10 and go into an 8-match opening month with virtually no defence, we'll be as good as relegated by Autumn anyway.

PedroTheFisherman66
26-07-2019, 05:09 AM
Are there transfer windows in the national league or can you sign a player at any time during the season ( if we have the embargo lifted of course!)

nw6pie
26-07-2019, 05:14 AM
I think we set the record for longest time in admin back in the early 2000s with our 18-month spell, but I think they changed the rules thereafter to stop clubs “hiding” for so long with such protection.

I guess it all depends how big a hole we are in - and if the rumours are true, it’s gigantic. Looking at how slow the process is going at Bolton (I read somewhere that their administration fees so far have cost nearly £1 million), it’s probably not going to be a quick fix and will probably see us relegated if we are unable to assemble a proper squad.

In short, it’s probably going to get a whole lot worse before it starts getting better.

irishpete
26-07-2019, 05:14 AM
Don't believe we will be relegated if we start on -10. 3 wins,plus you always get teams that struggle. No i don't think there is a transfer window in the NL

irishpete
26-07-2019, 05:17 AM
I think we set the record for longest time in admin back in the early 2000s with our 18-month spell, but I think they changed the rules thereafter to stop clubs “hiding” for so long with such protection.

I guess it all depends how big a hole we are in - and if the rumours are true, it’s gigantic. Looking at how slow the process is going at Bolton (I read somewhere that their administration fees so far have cost nearly £1 million), it’s probably not going to be a quick fix and will probably see us relegated if we are unable to assemble a proper squad.

In short, it’s probably going to get a whole lot worse before it starts getting better.

Bolton were close to coming out of admin after about a month. but the Hotel is causing the hold up for them. Nothing ever straight forward. Also the Administrator made those interested pay 25k upfront to look at the books to eliminate "tyre kickers"

nw6pie
26-07-2019, 05:17 AM
Are there transfer windows in the national league or can you sign a player at any time during the season ( if we have the embargo lifted of course!)

You can definitely sign players on loan at any time. And all of the players on trial with us are out of contract so would be available to sign at any time anyway.

slack_pie
26-07-2019, 05:20 AM
Don't believe we will be relegated if we start on -10. 3 wins,plus you always get teams that struggle. No i don't think there is a transfer window in the NL

But we won't be able to sign anyone. We currently have 1 centre back (who only has a handful of first team appearances) and no left back. How are we supposed to get through the first 8 games in August, let alone the whole season? If Bird gets injured or suspended, which he obviously will, we'll be starting games with no recognised CBs. It's madness to think we'd survive a points deduction under those circumstances.

Anyone know if it's possible to get emergency loans when in admin? Obviously we won't be able to pay any of the wages...

National League North here we come. At least the away games will involve less travelling.

slack_pie
26-07-2019, 05:20 AM
You can definitely sign players on loan at any time. And all of the players on trial with us are out of contract so would be available to sign at any time anyway.

By the time we leave administration, they almost certainly won't be available.

irishpete
26-07-2019, 05:37 AM
But we won't be able to sign anyone. We currently have 1 centre back (who only has a handful of first team appearances) and no left back. How are we supposed to get through the first 8 games in August, let alone the whole season? If Bird gets injured or suspended, which he obviously will, we'll be starting games with no recognised CBs. It's madness to think we'd survive a points deduction under those circumstances.

Anyone know if it's possible to get emergency loans when in admin? Obviously we won't be able to pay any of the wages...

National League North here we come. At least the away games will involve less travelling.

Believe you can sign players on loan IF the parent club agrees to pay their wages in full

Livid
26-07-2019, 06:09 AM
How will we pay for the loan players?

irishpete
26-07-2019, 06:16 AM
How will we pay for the loan players?

Why would we be paying anything,IF the parent club agree to pay?

nw6pie
26-07-2019, 06:24 AM
Believe you can sign players on loan IF the parent club agrees to pay their wages in full

Looks like we’ll be dependent on the charity of other clubs if and when we hit full crisis mode.

If we go into admin next week, maybe the supporters club should set up a crowdfunding page to ask football fans worldwide to help pay the players/staff.

Livid
26-07-2019, 06:31 AM
Sorry, I didn't see your previous post.

slack_pie
26-07-2019, 07:03 AM
Looks like we’ll be dependent on the charity of other clubs if and when we hit full crisis mode.

If we go into admin next week, maybe the supporters club should set up a crowdfunding page to ask football fans worldwide to help pay the players/staff.

By the way, is there currently a way for fans to donate money to the unpaid Notts staff, other than through collections at games? I live abroad, so the only way I could contribute is by bank transfer.

Hardy, if you are reading this, yes we are trying to figure out ways to pay your staff. Enjoy your holiday.

legs77
26-07-2019, 07:04 AM
Why would we be paying anything,IF the parent club agree to pay?

Thats true but football is a very greedy busines and clubs will rightly look after themselves.

We cant even pay the squad now so who knows what the squad will look like next week.

slack_pie
26-07-2019, 07:12 AM
Thats true but football is a very greedy busines and clubs will rightly look after themselves.

We cant even pay the squad now so who knows what the squad will look like next week.

If the players walk, we won't be able to field a team come August.

nw6pie
26-07-2019, 08:01 AM
By the way, is there currently a way for fans to donate money to the unpaid Notts staff, other than through collections at games? I live abroad, so the only way I could contribute is by bank transfer.

Hardy, if you are reading this, yes we are trying to figure out ways to pay your staff. Enjoy your holiday.

We seem a bit stuck in the dark ages with bucket collections. I’ll have a look online, see if there is something set up. Crowdfunding page organised by the supporters’ club would make the most sense.

DelroyFacey22
26-07-2019, 08:08 AM
I'd imagine Oxlade-Chamberlain or Kenedy-Williams and one of Declan Dunn or Owen Betts (probably Dunn, I think they're both CB's but might be wrong) will join Pierce Bird in defence until we have anyone else. Kellett could also line up at left back if he can stay fit for more than 20 minutes so i think we COULD just about field a team

Fitz

Tootle
Dunn
Bird
Ox

Enzio
Rose
Doyle
Kellett

Hemmings
Dennis

Wouldn't be the end of the world to be fair although Ardley has apparently been playing Enzio upfront? Which I wouldn't be unhappy about him being paired with Hemmings but it would leave us short on the wing, I think the team I've named is the strongest we have without being able to sign anyone, I still don't rate Osbourne enough to be starting him from day one.

navypie
26-07-2019, 08:10 AM

Send it to
Account name......Mr Fcukyoulot
Account number....666-666-666

countygump
26-07-2019, 08:18 AM
I'd imagine Oxlade-Chamberlain or Kenedy-Williams and one of Declan Dunn or Owen Betts (probably Dunn, I think they're both CB's but might be wrong) will join Pierce Bird in defence until we have anyone else. Kellett could also line up at left back if he can stay fit for more than 20 minutes so i think we COULD just about field a team

Fitz

Tootle
Dunn
Bird
Ox

Enzio
Rose
Doyle
Kellett

Hemmings
Dennis

Wouldn't be the end of the world to be fair although Ardley has apparently been playing Enzio upfront? Which I wouldn't be unhappy about him being paired with Hemmings but it would leave us short on the wing, I think the team I've named is the strongest we have without being able to sign anyone, I still don't rate Osbourne enough to be starting him from day one.

Good try at putting a team together under the circumstances but today is the 2nd payday in a row that the players haven't been paid. Who's to say some, if not the lot of them will walk before too long???

DelroyFacey22
26-07-2019, 08:21 AM
Good try at putting a team together under the circumstances but today is the 2nd payday in a row that the players haven't been paid. Who's to say some, if not the lot of them will walk before too long???

They gain nothing by walking though, that's why players stayed at Macclesfield and Bolton despite going longer without being paid, whether they go on strike is another issue obviously but cancelling their contract would be a stupid decision by any of them. A 5% chance you will eventually start getting paid what it states in your contract is better than no contract at all.

countygump
26-07-2019, 08:24 AM

https://www.ncfcosa.co.uk/CALL-TO-ACTION/?fbclid=IwAR17k_3CSrBfydb77meV8t8NjgKsL87sshkgdYPX PnEjDeJ4THqltCW8Lwo

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/ady-bott?utm_term=nEPkQDP8B&fbclid=IwAR0UTzO2mTw5Us9paIF9SS6MNjZYLkKW2vanoSvUU wIsFuOgKXhr88Q1jsE

slack_pie
26-07-2019, 09:00 AM
https://www.ncfcosa.co.uk/CALL-TO-ACTION/?fbclid=IwAR17k_3CSrBfydb77meV8t8NjgKsL87sshkgdYPX PnEjDeJ4THqltCW8Lwo

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/ady-bott?utm_term=nEPkQDP8B&fbclid=IwAR0UTzO2mTw5Us9paIF9SS6MNjZYLkKW2vanoSvUU wIsFuOgKXhr88Q1jsE

Cheers Gump

legs77
26-07-2019, 09:05 AM
If the players walk, we won't be able to field a team come August.

Yeah that is my point I think the players will more than likely hang around till next Wednesday to see the outcome.

I would guess if for example Hemmings, Tootle, Enzio & Rose got offered contracts elsewhere they will be off so that leaves us with nothing really.

If we did start the season without a few of them its going to be painful viewing for the ST holders pretty much resigning yourself to watching us get battered at home by no mark teams.

I mean I guess we have players who can play CB for example but that is a different animal altogether to being what we need.

slack_pie
26-07-2019, 09:14 AM
Yeah that is my point I think the players will more than likely hang around till next Wednesday to see the outcome.

I would guess if for example Hemmings, Tootle, Enzio & Rose got offered contracts elsewhere they will be off so that leaves us with nothing really.

If we did start the season without a few of them its going to be painful viewing for the ST holders pretty much resigning yourself to watching us get battered at home by no mark teams.

I mean I guess we have players who can play CB for example but that is a different animal altogether to being what we need.

Exactly. If we lose a few senior players, it's a full-on nightmare. The thought of fielding 11 skinny ****agers with no experience against battle-hardened NL teams fills me with dread.

I think if it does happen, it'll be like dominoes - one goes and the rest follow. Next week will be telling.

Jeekay56
26-07-2019, 09:14 AM
Send it to
Account name......Mr Fcukyoulot
Account number....666-666-666

Nice try Alan!

ForeignLegion
26-07-2019, 09:21 AM
Exactly. If we lose a few senior players, it's a full-on nightmare. The thought of fielding 11 skinny ****agers with no experience against battle-hardened NL teams fills me with dread.

I think if it does happen, it'll be like dominoes - one goes and the rest follow. Next week will be telling.

Regardless of what happens, he fair dinkum needs stringing up by his knackers. If has really bogged off overseas he deserves worse.