03-08-2019, 04:51 PM
1-1 Albion come back from a goal down.

phild
03-08-2019, 04:59 PM
What a cross goal!!!

1-2 Philips, Its all Albion

boingy
03-08-2019, 05:21 PM
Some great overlapping partnerships and Ferguson looks the business. Pleased with Kyle Edwards too. Sawyers controlling midfield and Livermore adding that bite when needed. Gibbs playing well, Phillips on fire.....What more could you want?....come on Zohore do something, everyone else is.

boingy
03-08-2019, 05:55 PM
Burke on....why? swapping like for like. Zohore does nothing so bring Burke on, lol

phild
03-08-2019, 06:28 PM
Well done Albion we win 2-1. I thought we needlessley put ourselves under pressure last 20mins by dropping to far back at times, but the defence never looked flustered. Great start only 45 games to go

Baggiemadguern
03-08-2019, 06:32 PM
A very good away win against a side that might well be pushing for promotion I think. Well done Slaven and the team.

boingy
03-08-2019, 06:32 PM
Terrific win Phil.

9goals2hattricks3pen
03-08-2019, 06:49 PM
Well done Albion we win 2-1. I thought we needlessley put ourselves under pressure last 20mins by dropping to far back at times, but the defence never looked flustered. Great start only 45 games to go

Sums it up for me. I thought Zohore had a poor game but paradoxically him going off coincided with us reliquishing control of the game. We need 2 strikers.

TipperaryBaggie
03-08-2019, 06:50 PM
Great to hear Slavsn say that you can't win the Championship by just counter attacking. Shame the previous numpties didn't have the same attitude.

mickd1961
03-08-2019, 07:00 PM
I was away watching Stourbridge but my son was very impressed with us today.

A massive improvement on last year according to him and raving about Ferguson and Edwards.

As he said to me.....”funny how Shan and Moore have been involved with our youth for years yet never spotted Ferguson could play at full back and never gave him a sniff of the first team!”

A quality manager in situ for a few weeks already showing his worth.

A pleasure to listen to his interview as well......god I’d love to play for him.

Bombers right foot
03-08-2019, 07:53 PM
Some great overlapping partnerships and Ferguson looks the business. Pleased with Kyle Edwards too. Sawyers controlling midfield and Livermore adding that bite when needed. Gibbs playing well, Phillips on fire.....What more could you want?....come on Zohore do something, everyone else is.

A decent goalkeeper for one,Johnstone is dire, apart from Johnstone and the absentee Zohore it was a superb team performance, but boy do we need two strikers.

The Minn Junta
03-08-2019, 08:16 PM
Got up this morning buzzing, football is back, Dudley’s first home game then a dash to the nearest TV to watch the Albion.
Unfortunately Dudley lost their opener 3-4 so a dampener was already on the day.

Regarding the Albion, cracking start to the season, an away win at a side expected to be up and around the top six.

A pessimist could argue we had luck with our goals but for me that’s the luck you make when you attempt a shot on goal.

I liked the confidence and control we displayed in possession and how we always had a player in space waiting.

Zahore I’m still waiting to see something from, I noticed a few heavy touches but I’m giving him time, it’s only fair.

Ferguson, wow! Where the fkcu have we been hiding him!?

All in all I’m quite pleased, I love to see the kids coming through and the energy to recover ground certainly looks greater already.

That said, I’m still looking for further quality reinforcements to blend in with the kids to help them over a long season. I’m disappointed we haven’t gone for Roofe, he’s an up and coming Gayle in my opinion.

I’m really taking to Bilic, with wins like this his dressing room power and popularity will only grow, he was getting a bit carried away in his post match interview, you can feel the passion in him.

So far, so good... Super Slav!👍🏻

COYBB.

mickd1961
03-08-2019, 08:48 PM
Got up this morning buzzing, football is back, Dudley’s first home game then a dash to the nearest TV to watch the Albion.
Unfortunately Dudley lost their opener 3-4 so a dampener was already on the day.

Regarding the Albion, cracking start to the season, an away win at a side expected to be up and around the top six.

A pessimist could argue we had luck with our goals but for me that’s the luck you make when you attempt a shot on goal.

I liked the confidence and control we displayed in possession and how we always had a player in space waiting.

Zahore I’m still waiting to see something from, I noticed a few heavy touches but I’m giving him time, it’s only fair.

Ferguson, wow! Where the fkcu have we been hiding him!?

All in all I’m quite pleased, I love to see the kids coming through and the energy to recover ground certainly looks greater already.

That said, I’m still looking for further quality reinforcements to blend in with the kids to help them over a long season. I’m disappointed we haven’t gone for Roofe, he’s an up and coming Gayle in my opinion.

I’m really taking to Bilic, with wins like this his dressing room power and popularity will only grow, he was getting a bit carried away in his post match interview, you can feel the passion in him.

So far, so good... Super Slav!👍🏻

COYBB.

Great post Minn.

I’m friends with ex Stour player who’s taken over as manager of Black Country Rangers in Dudley Town’s division.

They won 5-1 at Wem today.

Maybe we can share a beverage when the two teams meet as I’m watching a few of their matches this season?

The Minn Junta
03-08-2019, 09:10 PM
Sound Mick,

If it doesn’t clash with an Albion home game then yes.

mickd1961
03-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Sound Mick,

If it doesn’t clash with an Albion home game then yes.

Look forward to it Minn 👍🏻

boingy
04-08-2019, 07:06 AM
Good to hear Slav say that Hal Robson was a big player for us.

Whicka_Mon
04-08-2019, 04:28 PM
Good to hear Slav say that Hal Robson was a big player for us.
Only if he is used as a make weight in a transfer for a proper striker.

baggieal
04-08-2019, 05:09 PM
Only if he is used as a make weight in a transfer for a proper striker.

What about throwing Johnstone into any deal with HRK - two for one!

boingy
04-08-2019, 05:47 PM
Well, Slav says He's a big player for us, so maybe Slav has no idea and you guys should inform him .

Whicka_Mon
04-08-2019, 06:57 PM
Well, Slav says He's a big player for us, so maybe Slav has no idea and you guys should inform him .
He's hardly gonna come out and say he's about as useful as a tree stump now is he?

Whicka_Mon
04-08-2019, 07:00 PM
What about throwing Johnstone into any deal with HRK - two for one!

People actually rate Johnstone. They band around stats that he made the most saves in the Championship last season.
Absolutely terrible goalkeeper. At fault again last night with a long range shot at his near post. The bloke cannot see, his footwork is none existent. He will not improve.

baggieal
04-08-2019, 07:39 PM

Livermore - Johnstone and HRK need replacing with better quality. HRK is shocking in my opinion and the other two bang average at very best! Slav unlike the other two numpties will work them out quickly and it will be adios!

baggieal
04-08-2019, 07:53 PM
People actually rate Johnstone. They band around stats that he made the most saves in the Championship last season.
Absolutely terrible goalkeeper. At fault again last night with a long range shot at his near post. The bloke cannot see, his footwork is none existent. He will not improve.

I agree 100% with that!