View Full Version : Jack Hamilton

HuddersfieldDee
10-08-2019, 05:48 PM
Great save today at 0-0, well done Jack

shaded
10-08-2019, 05:53 PM
just as well as the shot came from the keeper kicking a free kick oot the park,think he is still way short on confidence and he has to find that and soon. bit a clean sheet is a clean sheet as is 3 points is 3 points

petermackie
10-08-2019, 06:26 PM
just as well as the shot came from the keeper kicking a free kick oot the park,think he is still way short on confidence and he has to find that and soon. bit a clean sheet is a clean sheet as is 3 points is 3 points

You're missing the bit where Forster and Kerr left it to each other...was a good save and like you say 3 points is 3 points

shaded
10-08-2019, 06:29 PM
tbf mu head was prob still in my hands at the kick out o play however i did see the save and it was a good 1

ABERFELDYDEE
10-08-2019, 06:30 PM
Agree he made 2 maybe 3 ***** saves but being honest its certainly a position that McPake must strengthen because he looks a bag of nerves
As were the fans in the Coxy
In short not good enough

hmac
10-08-2019, 07:09 PM
Agree he made 2 maybe 3 ***** saves but being honest its certainly a position that McPake must strengthen because he looks a bag of nerves
As were the fans in the Coxy
In short not good enough

Good save from forsters mess up.

Once again the moaners out in force when the team needed support.

Returnofrros
10-08-2019, 07:37 PM
V good save, forster liable for that wee blip.

Hamilton is fragile but fixable imho

shaded
10-08-2019, 07:43 PM

never heard any negativity in the part of the main stand i was in ,the derry ended up in good voice also

ABERFELDYDEE
11-08-2019, 06:19 AM

Its Hamilton the thread is about
Whats your thoughts on him?
Are you happy/confident with him?

shaded
11-08-2019, 08:11 AM
prob a goalie who shows his confidence has been shot since opening day at Paisley last season
quite a good reflex save keeper
however
consistently gorilla glued to his line which i hate to see and when he does evict himself from the line ,well we all saw what happened against the pars

is there still a keeper in there? i think so but he must start controlling his area and claiming every ball that comes in it,would love to here rab geddes's view on JH as since scott bain was here every keeper remains on their line,bain used to come for balls then it suddenly stopped,if its the case of coaching then its an easy fix if its JH's own doing then we may well need a new keeper

deecom
11-08-2019, 11:41 AM
If there is a confidence problem with Jack Hamilton, we have a good keeper in Callum ferrie, been impressed every time I've seen him.
Came on as a sub at Ibrox last year and was superb.

hmac
11-08-2019, 01:34 PM
Its Hamilton the thread is about
Whats your thoughts on him?
Are you happy/confident with him?

Oh I didn’t realise there was a question in the OP.

On Hamilton, I commented on his good save. I don’t like keepers who are stuck on the line so he’s not for me. He looks terrified.

Dee_Dee
13-08-2019, 12:03 AM
His saves in the League Cup group games are the main reason we qualified out of the group

BCram
13-08-2019, 03:55 PM
Oh I didn’t realise there was a question in the OP.

On Hamilton, I commented on his good save. I don’t like keepers who are stuck on the line so he’s not for me. He looks terrified.

hmac, agree about not coming for cross balls. If you watch his pre match warm up all the kicks in from Bobby seem to me to be beautifully flighted and almost drop on Hamilton's head. there's very little movement and I wonder if this gives Hamilton a false sense of what he needs to do at crosses into the box. Even if the reserve goalie was just jumping about trying to create some pressure for Hamilton to actually beat a player to the ball it might be beneficial. also he never flaps at or punches the ball away during these drills. Should he?

Returnofrros
13-08-2019, 08:55 PM
hmac, agree about not coming for cross balls. If you watch his pre match warm up all the kicks in from Bobby seem to me to be beautifully flighted and almost drop on Hamilton's head. there's very little movement and I wonder if this gives Hamilton a false sense of what he needs to do at crosses into the box. Even if the reserve goalie was just jumping about trying to create some pressure for Hamilton to actually beat a player to the ball it might be beneficial. also he never flaps at or punches the ball away during these drills. Should he?

Geddes is the best crossed of the ball at Dens....why he needs goalie gloves on to do it I don't really know.