PDA

View Full Version : Good 3 points...

petermackie
10-08-2019, 06:40 PM
Not sure how good Ayr were but thought we looked decent the times we got the ball down and played...just didn't do it often enough...things starting to take shape and decent options from the bench

DEE1877
10-08-2019, 07:02 PM
Ayr were fearless, shall we say. Can see how they easily pumped the perennial doonsters 5-1 last season when they had a guy like Shankland. Thought we were nervous, first half at least. It's a new set-up, have to expect a bit of hesitancy till they find the confidence. Having 3 of the best 5 strikers in the league will payoff.

hmac
10-08-2019, 07:11 PM
Ayr were fearless, shall we say. Can see how they easily pumped the perennial doonsters 5-1 last season when they had a guy like Shankland. Thought we were nervous, first half at least. It's a new set-up, have to expect a bit of hesitancy till they find the confidence. Having 3 of the best 5 strikers in the league will payoff.

I thought we played well first 15 mins then last 20 or so.

In the middle we were disjointed and sorry to say I don’t think we can have both Gowser and young Finlay in same midfield. Twice we’ve looked better when Todd comes in to push on.

DEE1877
10-08-2019, 07:28 PM
Didn't think we impressed in that middle 3rd, as it were. Just saw nerves whereas the Ayr players were flying, not unexpected when they didn't have much to lose and no negativity from their small bunch of fans. On the positive side, we now have a manager who understands that game management is his responsibility which is massive

Returnofrros
10-08-2019, 07:38 PM
Hard fought 3 pts.....too cement our 2nd place chase😉

petermackie
10-08-2019, 07:39 PM
I thought we played well first 15 mins then last 20 or so.

In the middle we were disjointed and sorry to say I don’t think we can have both Gowser and young Finlay in same midfield. Twice we’ve looked better when Todd comes in to push on.

Yeah agree Gowser always wants the ball but ends up coming too deep to get it...Todd definitely more direct...but do think if Gowser could hold his position further up the pitch he's the best man to link up with our strikers

ABERFELDYDEE
10-08-2019, 08:15 PM
Yeah agree Gowser always wants the ball but ends up coming too deep to get it...Todd definitely more direct...but do think if Gowser could hold his position further up the pitch he's the best man to link up with our strikers
Ness and nelson made all the difference today
No matter how you dress it up the hour in the middle was dreadful and we were lucky to still be level
Love mcgowan but the best thing about him today was going off

_JG_
11-08-2019, 03:13 PM
Ness and nelson made all the difference today
No matter how you dress it up the hour in the middle was dreadful and we were lucky to still be level
Love mcgowan but the best thing about him today was going off

agreed was terrible for 60/70 mins
just happy with the points