PDA

View Full Version : Favourite vegan

Disco Buc
11-08-2019, 01:21 PM
Food .

Must admit I love that vegan bacon and Greggs vegan sausage rolls.absolutley spiffing.

We now have In the Rosemont area within 50 meters of each other not far from the Villiam Wallace statue 2 vegan coffee shops.

Everything is vegan on the plus side the staff are really friendly .

Seemingly there's an ex model lass who done filming of sorts works in one of them not sure which one though . Not confirmed by myself of course .. anyway well worth a trial for the superb home made food .

mondo_notion
11-08-2019, 02:57 PM
Got to be Spock surely?

https://i.ibb.co/nrwjL8V/download-1.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

Disco Buc
11-08-2019, 04:09 PM
Got to be Spock surely?

https://i.ibb.co/nrwjL8V/download-1.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

Best sci fi series ever nothing comes close .

57vintage
11-08-2019, 05:07 PM
Ron Moody, innit?

Devanha Red
11-08-2019, 05:29 PM
If I'm ever going to use my thread locking powers now would be the time. You'll not get a better reply then the one above.

Hilarious 😀

57vintage
11-08-2019, 05:59 PM
You gotta pick a lock-ette or two.

Devanha Red
11-08-2019, 06:06 PM
Glad I didn't lock it now. I think you've outdone your Fagin pic ha.

Disco Buc
11-08-2019, 06:22 PM
Take it you lads are not into plant based diets then.

McDonald's double burger without the green stuff and big bug o chips salt vinegar and sass it is .

Devanha Red
11-08-2019, 06:36 PM
Although not s vegetarian or vegan I am marginally interested in the continued improvement in meat substitutes as folk keep telling me meat production is bad for the planet. From what I hear the new stuff is much better than quorn and the likes.

I'd think it won't be too long before they can accurately replicate the real taste of dead animal. That'll be good for everybody as long as they keep the prices down.

57vintage
11-08-2019, 07:29 PM
Take it you lads are not into plant based diets then.

McDonald's double burger without the green stuff and big bug o chips salt vinegar and sass it is .

Homer Simpson: "If God had meant us to be vegetarians, he wouldn't have made cows out of beef".

I'm too old to be worrying about the health de-merits of red meat. If it's bad for me now, it must have been bad for me for the near 63 years I've been fed Dod Balgowan's sassidges, Violet's mock chops, reed puddens fae the chipper in the Spital, and black pudden cooked in some fancy jus at Beautiful Mountain. The kids are semi-veggie, and they're the future, so bring roon a pun o potted heid fae the butcher on yer wye past.

Devanha Red
11-08-2019, 08:18 PM
Homer Simpson: "If God had meant us to be vegetarians, he wouldn't have made cows out of beef".

I'm too old to be worrying about the health de-merits of red meat. If it's bad for me now, it must have been bad for me for the near 63 years I've been fed Dod Balgowan's sassidges, Violet's mock chops, reed puddens fae the chipper in the Spital, and black pudden cooked in some fancy jus at Beautiful Mountain. The kids are semi-veggie, and they're the future, so bring roon a pun o potted heid fae the butcher on yer wye past.

I'm not too far shy of you age wise. Can you still go black pudding? I've recently decided to surrender and put it in the sin bin. I'll miss it sorely but it was giving me acid reflux that chronic I couldn't sleep.

InversneckieDob
11-08-2019, 09:07 PM
I'm not too far shy of you age wise. Can you still go black pudding? I've recently decided to surrender and put it in the sin bin. I'll miss it sorely but it was giving me acid reflux that chronic I couldn't sleep.
Get the stuff fae Stornoway and yer bile will be but a memory.
Elixir.

57vintage
12-08-2019, 04:33 AM

Bah. If doping masel with 30mg of the proton pump inhibitor Lansoprazole daily for the past 15 years kills me, it’s still allowed me to eat blood sassidge to my heartburn’s content. Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall got it right aboot brer pig. You’ve got to eat everything except the oink.

Devanha Red
12-08-2019, 07:22 AM
I'm on the omeprazole (along with another five daily tabs) but still the glorious black pudding causes me sleepless nights.

Might try some of the Stornoway stuff as suggested. Sure the indoor market butcher stocks it.

Pacman1903
12-08-2019, 08:10 AM

Cant say ive ever knowingly eaten vegan food

So heres a vegan ive seen live a couple of times. Mille Petroza from Kreator

57vintage
12-08-2019, 09:02 AM

Cant say ive ever knowingly eaten vegan food

So heres a vegan ive seen live a couple of times. Mille Petroza from Kreator

Peely-wally to the max. You'd nae see him if he didna hae those tattoos.

Looks like he needs a steak pie fae the butcher in Braehead Way shopping centre, washed doon with a pint of Bovril and liver for his pudden.

57vintage
12-08-2019, 09:08 AM
The best part of 3 oors in at work, I think I'll nip roon to the cafe for breakfast.

Cut aff its horns, wipe its erse etc....

donsdaft
12-08-2019, 09:09 AM
I'm with Homer Simpson on with this one.

donsdaft
12-08-2019, 09:10 AM
The best part of 3 oors in at work, I think I'll nip roon to the cafe for breakfast.

Cut aff its horns, wipe its erse etc....

We miss Malaga for these sort of pictures.
There was a man who knew a BBQ when he saw one.

StandfreeFM
12-08-2019, 09:52 AM
Seemingly there's an ex model lass who done filming of sorts works in one of them not sure which one though . Not confirmed by myself of course .. anyway well worth a trial for the superb home made food .

Appalling breach of The Rules Buc min

Anyway, mine is Alicia Silverstone :heart:

https://media.vanityfair.com/photos/5b199978ef9c7776eebc6616/16:9/w_1280,c_limit/Alicia-Silverstone-Julie-Interview.jpg

Pacman1903
12-08-2019, 03:27 PM
Peely-wally to the max. You'd nae see him if he didna hae those tattoos.

Looks like he needs a steak pie fae the butcher in Braehead Way shopping centre, washed doon with a pint of Bovril and liver for his pudden.

I read an interview with him where he stated he was vegan and in the same interview stated he doesnt like fitba.

Fit kind of German is he?

Devanha Red
13-08-2019, 06:22 AM
I see Goldsmith's University in London is banning beef from next month. Doing their bit to help stop climate change apparently.

Madness.

Disco Buc
13-08-2019, 10:40 AM
Went to Morrison's today sorry to disappoint but they have run out of meat free bacon .

They take loads of it in and before you can say abracadabra they are gone .

Will keep yous updated when they get more in but you need to act fast so you don't get disappointed..

Asda and Tesco stock them too.
But Asda go one better with its vegan made on site vegan pizza. I would recommend the large crispy base.
Let me know how much yous enjoy it. Look forward to feedback.

donsdaft
13-08-2019, 10:42 AM
Plants have feelings too.

hugatreeeatacoo.com

donsdaft
13-08-2019, 10:45 AM
Honestly though, I don't get the need to make plant food look like meat.
If you don't want to eat meat then fine but why then make it look like bacon?
I don't want my beautiful smoked ham to look like lentils.

Jupiter
13-08-2019, 05:18 PM
Real bacon is terrible, I can't imagine how bad artificial bacon is.

57vintage
13-08-2019, 05:25 PM
Real bacon is terrible.

Now you’re insulting my religion.

I’m tempted to lock this thread. 🗝🗝🗝🗝🗝

Devanha Red
13-08-2019, 05:39 PM
Real bacon is terrible, I can't imagine how bad artificial bacon is.

Ikey mo. Bacon is devine.

Pacman1903
02-11-2019, 09:33 AM
What is vegan Mayonnaise made with. I just had a pop up advert for it

Its f@cking egg sass. How can it nae contain egg

Weirdos

Jupiter
02-11-2019, 01:36 PM
Why did the vegan cross the road?

To tell you he is a vegan.

InversneckieDob
03-11-2019, 08:02 AM
I had cause to eat a couple vegan sausage rolls last week (nae the Greggs' eens).

They were very tasty, but by the cringe was I flatulent later on.

donsdaft
03-11-2019, 10:37 AM
Vegan sausage rolls?

My doubts wouldn't be what the "meat" was but what's in the pastry.

This isn't going to end well.

InversneckieDob
03-11-2019, 12:06 PM

Have to agree, but they did taste fine.

But Jaysus I was like a dray horse later on.

Pacman1903
03-11-2019, 01:31 PM
Vegan sausage rolls?

My doubts wouldn't be what the "meat" was but what's in the pastry.

They wouldn't be allowed to be called "sausage rolls" in Italy

sheepcrooky
19-11-2019, 09:58 PM

Back on topic. Rachel Riley for top vegan.