PDA

View Full Version : This is what the champions do...

Handsome_Devil
12-08-2019, 03:14 PM
Interesting article in the Grauniad today.

“I think we stuck to the plan quite well in the first half,” a Motherwell player said. “We were unlucky to go in 2-1 down. I wouldn’t say we created a lot of chances but we were comfortable.”

And there was the rub. Motherwell might have felt comfortable during the opening period but they trailed after a free kick and barely landed a meaningful blow on Celtic in the final third. This is what the champions do to the also-rans. For all the focus on the creativity and flair, there is an edge to them out of possession, a structure that makes it hard to get at their defence and a willingness to let eager opponents tire themselves out."

I changed West Ham to Motherwell, City to Celtic and the score but the whole article (https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/11/manchester-city-streetwise-edge-west-ham) could apply to us on a scaled down version...and I suspect not for the last time in England/Scotland this season.

sieb1886
13-08-2019, 09:52 PM
So we now substitute Cluj ? :D

texaco cup
14-08-2019, 10:49 AM
We must have really tired them out on Saturday ��

Handsome_Devil
14-08-2019, 11:03 AM
Must admit I really enjoyed that last night. Celtic must be absolutely kicking themselves.

neillyboy
14-08-2019, 11:50 AM
Step up to European qualifying level and get found out

WoodyG
14-08-2019, 12:33 PM
Step up to European qualifying level and get found out

They are the diddys of Europe.

markymark
14-08-2019, 12:40 PM
All Scottish Clubs are