PDA

View Full Version : Magpie Group want to take up Ashley's offer

Jammy89
13-08-2019, 08:44 PM
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/68406200_10157006928043122_6600801281487405056_n.j pg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQmIBf3K6L5mew05iZ-AIl4Y7ObZ1HDHk7dQeg4BUx5_9L5dBZXQnEH3YpfZGRl7ayU&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=3fafd372b011e0dc474b51857b4c22f7&oe=5DD06598

Can't see him letting this happen XD

But good on them for calling him on it.

toonfalifekevbrown
13-08-2019, 08:47 PM
Anyone think Ashley will just let anyone look at them ?

Jammy89
13-08-2019, 08:49 PM
Anyone think Ashley will just let anyone look at them ?

Well he said he would in that interview.

But in all seriousness - absolutely no chance.

Geordie1974
13-08-2019, 08:53 PM
They should send that letter to every single newspaper in the land,forward it to every tv station,forward it to every radio station.Keep bumping it for publicity so he has nowhere to hide.Dont let it lie until he does what he said in his pre-prepared statement to Martin Samuel as it was anything but an interview.

ex_pat_magpie
13-08-2019, 11:19 PM
Well he said he would in that interview.

But in all seriousness - absolutely no chance.

He has said thousands of things in hundreds of interviews and very rarely has the truth been spoken. Ask Rafa, he's the latest victim.

Jammy89
14-08-2019, 08:11 AM
He has said thousands of things in hundreds of interviews and very rarely has the truth been spoken. Ask Rafa, he's the latest victim.

Exactly my point.

AP69
14-08-2019, 08:15 AM
He will let them see the books

Will they be 'the' books is anyones guess

Bit of Shawshank shenanigans I reckon

ghostrider
14-08-2019, 09:48 AM
Does it really matter?
If he allows the books to be looked over and they come out above board, will the fans who hate him, accept it? My opinion is, not a chance.
All excuses would potentially be made from the books being fake to the person viewing them being paid off to make them appear above board....and any excuse other than "we accept it's all above board."

Or it'll be a case with some (possibly) that they will accept it yet still say it changes nothing and they hate him and want him out of the club....so what purpose will it really serve?

Here's the actual reality.
The man owns the club. The man sees to the daily running of the club via his employees.
Nobody seems willing to buy the club for the price being asked for.
Some people believe the club isn't worth the price being asked and believe Ashley should lower the price in order to let some potential owner get it on the cheap as long as it means getting rid of Ashley....no matter what, it seems.

In my opinion, looking at the way some fans think, he could do absolutely anything to the good and it'd be cast off as evil.
He could sell the club for 50 million and if all went wrong he'd have sold it for cheap to get at the fans by allowing some unscrupulous owner to make a quick buck and destroy the club.

The man cannot win with some fans, so what does he do?
All he can do is run the club in the way he sees fit.
I'm happy with the way the club's run.
Could I be happier?....Absolutely....but I could also be a whole lot unhappier and it's about acceptance of a happy medium, kind of thing.

I don't and won't buy into the turmoil created by some fans over the club.
I won't buy into a strained mindset on the club.

I support Newcastle United and am a fan for life, no matter what is said or goes on, in or out of the club. I may not like some stuff but I'll deal with it and move on.

Geordie1974
14-08-2019, 12:31 PM
Bet he wish he never offered,seeing as no fan groups etc asked to see them.

usedtobeshearer
14-08-2019, 01:18 PM
Does it really matter?
If he allows the books to be looked over and they come out above board, will the fans who hate him, accept it? My opinion is, not a chance.
All excuses would potentially be made from the books being fake to the person viewing them being paid off to make them appear above board....and any excuse other than "we accept it's all above board."

Or it'll be a case with some (possibly) that they will accept it yet still say it changes nothing and they hate him and want him out of the club....so what purpose will it really serve?

Here's the actual reality.
The man owns the club. The man sees to the daily running of the club via his employees.
Nobody seems willing to buy the club for the price being asked for.
Some people believe the club isn't worth the price being asked and believe Ashley should lower the price in order to let some potential owner get it on the cheap as long as it means getting rid of Ashley....no matter what, it seems.

In my opinion, looking at the way some fans think, he could do absolutely anything to the good and it'd be cast off as evil.
He could sell the club for 50 million and if all went wrong he'd have sold it for cheap to get at the fans by allowing some unscrupulous owner to make a quick buck and destroy the club.

The man cannot win with some fans, so what does he do?
All he can do is run the club in the way he sees fit.
I'm happy with the way the club's run.
Could I be happier?....Absolutely....but I could also be a whole lot unhappier and it's about acceptance of a happy medium, kind of thing.

I don't and won't buy into the turmoil created by some fans over the club.
I won't buy into a strained mindset on the club.

I support Newcastle United and am a fan for life, no matter what is said or goes on, in or out of the club. I may not like some stuff but I'll deal with it and move on.
B0ll0x

HughieG
14-08-2019, 01:43 PM
I support Newcastle United and am a fan for life

https://media.giphy.com/media/tKxi6Gl0KEbnY7uSw2/giphy.gif
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhAXL1pBd0U)

Scott Kirkland
14-08-2019, 02:08 PM
He will show them his Where's Wally collection,
He has not found Wally in any of them yet.