PDA

View Full Version : Having a bet on the Albion

Prando
14-08-2019, 10:49 AM
I have had a bookies account for several years and have a punt on sporting events. Nothing serious, and very rarely exceed £5 in total per week. (Normally only a couple of quid) Since I opened the account, I’ve not put any more money in, nor taken any out, so effectively the bookie sits on my fluctuating balance (circa £50)
I get a bit of fun out of it, but very early doors this season is the worst start. Mostly championship bets lost and of course the 2 Millwall matches...surely they were bankers !
I have a pal who when at the match always backs the opposition. His thinking is that if Baggies win he leaves happy...if Baggies lose, we’ll there is some small compensation in terms of a winning bet ! Win-win. I can’t bring myself to do that.
Anyone else still having a sporting punt.
PS There used to be a poster who had a business related to betting (not a bookie nor professional gambler) Anyone remember his name ? He contributed a number of interesting betting related posts.

TipperaryBaggie
14-08-2019, 11:19 AM
I had a bet at 12-1 with Bet365 at the start of the season each way first 3 places. I'm still confident despite last Saturday's result.

Johnny on the spot 1
14-08-2019, 05:04 PM
Stopped betting on Albion 40 years ago biggest let down club around.