PDA

View Full Version : How do we set up against norwich?

toonfalifekevbrown
15-08-2019, 03:20 PM
So then ,next game is Norwich
How do we go about this game to get some points on the board

Jammy89
15-08-2019, 03:31 PM
I imagine we'll set up the same way.

Shelvey was trainning today and is expecting to be fit.

I'd see if we could start with ASM but i don't think it'll happen.

usedtobeshearer
15-08-2019, 03:42 PM
We need to say goodbye to 532 and play Almiron and the Saint either side of big Joe.

No matter how many time Bruce calls Miggy and Saint Maximin strikers they will still be attacking midfielders and both need to be on the pitch to help supply/score goals. I like Joelinton, he did well against Arsenal but was feeding off scraps. He needs more support.

I can understand Bruce wanting to play with three CM's and try to have more control over the game so that means going back to 4 at the back. I don't see a problem with that as we have good centre backs, willems to fight Dummet for lb and hopefully (otherwise what was the point) Krafth is an upgrade on Manquillo and Yedlin.

So
Krafth Schar Lacelles Willems
Hayden Shelvey Longstaff
Saint-Maximin Almiron
Joelinton

A 4321 I would be pretty happy with. If Bruce sticks with the current set up I just don't think we will score enough goals.

Of course he could drop Shelvey and keep 3 centre backs. This works for counter attack ala Rafa.

Geordie1974
15-08-2019, 03:51 PM
One thing from the game on Sunday was Shelvey taking the ball deep off the centre halves.If he is going to do that I cant really see the point in 3 centre halves.So would be more than happy with 4 at the back.

malamoto
15-08-2019, 03:54 PM
We need to say goodbye to 532 and play Almiron and the Saint either side of big Joe.

No matter how many time Bruce calls Miggy and Saint Maximin strikers they will still be attacking midfielders and both need to be on the pitch to help supply/score goals. I like Joelinton, he did well against Arsenal but was feeding off scraps. He needs more support.

I can understand Bruce wanting to play with three CM's and try to have more control over the game so that means going back to 4 at the back. I don't see a problem with that as we have good centre backs, willems to fight Dummet for lb and hopefully (otherwise what was the point) Krafth is an upgrade on Manquillo and Yedlin.

So
Krafth Schar Lacelles Willems
Hayden Shelvey Longstaff
Saint-Maximin Almiron
Joelinton

A 4321 I would be pretty happy with. If Bruce sticks with the current set up I just don't think we will score enough goals.

Of course he could drop Shelvey and keep 3 centre backs. This works for counter attack ala Rafa.
I agree with all of that but also reckon he could play 5221
Krafth Schar Lacelles Dummet Wilhems
Hayden Longstaff (or Shelvey)
Saint-Maximin Almiron
Joelinton

I think the 5 at the back suits us better than a back four, however I have no chance of second guessing the tactics (?) of Bruce

TheOtherTerryMac
15-08-2019, 05:02 PM
Bruce and his illustrious coaching team will be over the moon with a draw from this fixture. So don’t expect an attack minded team

But please don’t start Ritchie and Lascalles there both benchwarmers at best

MidsMagpie
15-08-2019, 05:17 PM
Attack Willems and Krafth at full back, The Saint and Almiron on the wings supplying Joelinton, Manquillo and Ritchie dropped, we cant go 5 3 2 against Norwich City