PDA

View Full Version : Birthday presents

MagpieMike
23-08-2019, 09:09 AM
As its my birthday today, here's my wish list for presents:
1) world peace (of course)
2) Notts to sign a big, fast and accurate target man, who will bag 20+ goals.
3) Trump and Boris to both resign.
4) Cancelling Brexit.
5) Our new owners to announce plans for the monorail.
6) How about a free programme and a named seat for all season ticket holders, don't think it's been done before. :s
7) Bury to somehow come out of their crisis, hopefully with a new owner, and able to fulfil their fixtures.
8) 6 points for the ***y stylish Pies over the weekend.

I think they are all possible, apart perhaps from no 8 :s

What would be your birthday wish list?

Psaw2
23-08-2019, 10:38 AM
I would like to bring your attention to nos 3 and 4. This makes no 2 impossible, in fact it would foment discord as it puts two fingers up to democracy. You wont care about that though as long as you get your way. And destroy centuries of the rule of the people and stability.

And they are not possible. You are so silly. My wish list is to put this message in with a 5year olds attempts at writing at a Nottingham pre school group, the difference being that " I want sweeties" makes more sense.

MagpieMike
23-08-2019, 10:47 AM
I would like to bring your attention to nos 3 and 4. This makes no 2 impossible, in fact it would foment discord as it puts two fingers up to democracy. You wont care about that though as long as you get your way. And destroy centuries of the rule of the people and stability.

And they are not possible. You are so silly. My wish list is to put this message in with a 5year olds attempts at writing at a Nottingham pre school group, the difference being that " I want sweeties" makes more sense.

Thanks, very thoughtful comments. Much appreciated. XD

Reading_Pie
23-08-2019, 11:52 AM
Democracy was ruined the day we decided the public knew better than those we elect to make the decisions.

Elite_Pie
23-08-2019, 12:00 PM
My wish list is to put this message in with a 5year olds attempts at writing at a Nottingham pre school group.

So 5 year olds in Cambridge still attend pre-scool groups? That explains a lot.

LaxtonLad
23-08-2019, 12:23 PM
Democracy was ruined the day we decided the public knew better than those we elect to make the decisions.

I thought democracy did have a say. Those who make the decisions (the elected government) made a decision and decided the public should have a say, I imagine you had your say so what's undemocratic about that? Apart from the fact that the vote didn't go the way you wanted.

bridpie78
23-08-2019, 12:26 PM

I would argue that democracy was almost ruined the day those we elected decided they know better than the public they serve.

countygump
23-08-2019, 12:50 PM
I would argue that democracy was almost ruined the day those we elected decided they know better than the public they serve.

This^^^

We'll asked the public to vote, that will finally decide the EU membership question one way or another.

Actually we didn't like what the public voted for so we''ll decide.

Actually we can't decide so praps we should have another public vote in the hope they'll vote the way we decided, even tho we can't agree amongst ourselves anyway. Mainly cos that will finally decide the EU membership question.

Notts_Pie
23-08-2019, 12:57 PM
1) Notts to sign a big, fast and accurate target man, who will bag 20+ goals.
3) Trump and Boris to both get re-elected
4) Brexit occurs ASAP with no deal.
5) Notts romp the league and get promoted at the end of the season.

MagpieMike
23-08-2019, 01:05 PM
1) Notts to sign a big, fast and accurate target man, who will bag 20+ goals.
3) Trump and Boris to both get re-elected
4) Brexit occurs ASAP with no deal.
5) Notts romp the league and get promoted at the end of the season.

I'll agree with you on 2 and 4, but I'm disappointed that you haven't included the monorail.

Psaw2
23-08-2019, 01:17 PM
You and me Notts Pie. The above contempt for democracy is frightening. I am a leaver, but you wouldn't have got a peep out of me if we had decided to stay.

Where did ripping up our constitution come from? To use a European example, our football is now infected by cheating, imported from Italy and Spain. In the 60s and 70s cheating was seen as shameful. Now its part of the game. Our politics is now about doing as were told, a European trait which gave birth to the USA, people fled Europe.

We still fight that same beast, the beast that never dies, the beast of lies, corruption, elitist power, globalism, and the rule of the rich.

Which always ends with war.

MagpieMike
23-08-2019, 01:44 PM
You and me Notts Pie. The above contempt for democracy is frightening. I am a leaver, but you wouldn't have got a peep out of me if we had decided to stay.

Where did ripping up our constitution come from? To use a European example, our football is now infected by cheating, imported from Italy and Spain. In the 60s and 70s cheating was seen as shameful. Now its part of the game. Our politics is now about doing as were told, a European trait which gave birth to the USA, people fled Europe.

We still fight that same beast, the beast that never dies, the beast of lies, corruption, elitist power, globalism, and the rule of the rich.

Which always ends with war.

I think you've missed the point of this thread, which is supposed to be a light hearted wish list. By all means add your own, but do include some football related, or comment on a Brexit thread, there are plenty to choose from.

rorylee
23-08-2019, 02:20 PM
Happy Birthday kiddo!

Seeing as none of the other miserable ****s bothered to wish you it!!

I'm 5 pints deep around Nottingham city centre so will raise one to you!

MagpieMike
23-08-2019, 02:26 PM
Thanks Rory, much appreciated...