PDA

View Full Version : Bolton’s administers

Scum-Triumphant
26-08-2019, 09:51 AM
They have just announced on Talksport that the closing down of the club will begin on Wednesday.

mellowmiller
26-08-2019, 12:25 PM
Even though that is what logically should happen I'm prepared to bet it won't.

millertop
26-08-2019, 01:27 PM
Quite laughable if it happens after EFL thought it was a good idea to let other clubs gain advantages in goals then will end up stripping them away.

Should never have been allowed to play

CASPER-64-FRANK
26-08-2019, 01:34 PM
Even though that is what logically should happen I'm prepared to bet it won't.

It won’t happen.
A deal was agreed Friday 23rd, on the Saturday the deal was off. By all accounts it’s Ken Anderson and his Solicitors that’s the problem.

Joint administrator has given them a kick up the jacksy and a final ultimatum. Expect a deal to be done this week or the EFL to ‘ cut them more slack ‘

KerrAvon
26-08-2019, 01:46 PM
The administrator has to act in the best interest of the club's creditors so sentiment won't come into it. That being said, I would not be surprised to see an 11th hour move by someone to take the club over.

Grist_To_The_Mill
26-08-2019, 01:54 PM
Just brinksmanship

crashbang
26-08-2019, 05:04 PM
I can bet , If the top guns of the EFL were visiting the NYS. And by some strange way I had an invite to the hospitality suite.
Bumped into one of them and farted. We would have 10 points deduction by the end of the day.
Bolton and Bury are taking the piss.

CAMiller
26-08-2019, 07:21 PM
I can bet , If the top guns of the EFL were visiting the NYS. And by some strange way I had an invite to the hospitality suite.
Bumped into one of them and farted. We would have 10 points deduction by the end of the day.
Bolton and Bury are taking the piss.

Sounds bad! Who's doing your cooking? I guess that must be you sitting in the North Stand that they were complaining about having a gas problem a while back on MM XD

Brin
26-08-2019, 08:53 PM
Let's take a very very serious look at this scenario with Bolton. IF, which I doubt will happen, but IF they folded then we will probably see a whole lot more clubs being reeled in by the EFL asking them to explain themselves.

Is this the thin edge of the wedge where we will only one day see two super leagues? For me it's all about the money without a thought for the common fan, the lifeblood of any club.

I truly hope that both Bolton and Bury can be saved and this recent almost tragic scenario, in football terms, wakes other Chairmen/board members up and makes them realise how they are managing 'their' clubs.

wrinkly
27-08-2019, 10:28 AM
I believe that there there is definitely enough interest and income available to continue to operate 4 professional leagues in England.

I don't know how far football club chairmen are willing to go along with a sensible "cut your cloth" approach.

There are honest chairmen, probably fans of the clubs they run, who want the best for the club but make stupid decisions they would probably not make in "real" businesses. They are swayed by their own egos and may think, like a lot of fans, that "just that little bit more invested in players" could be the means to the promised land.
When this goes wrong the club suffers and also the well-meaning chairman.

There are chairmen who probably don't give a to55 about the club they own. A bit smarter than the "fan" chairmen in that they are prepared to play fast and loose with ffp rules (or any other rules intended to bring stability to the game) in a calculated gamble to reach the promised land. Wednesday's owners have admitted to doing this. Bournemouth and QPR have quite blatantly done it. Despite signing up to crystal clear rules with absolutely no doubt about the laid down penalties, both these clubs have been allowed to wangle their way to a relative slap on the wrist.
The potential fines are a bet these chairmen are willing to take, considering the possible payout.
If this type of gamble goes wrong the club will suffer. The streetwise owners possibly not.

Then there are the crooks....

I'm with (just about) everyone else in hoping that these two clubs survive.
I hope that lessons are learned

caytonmiller
27-08-2019, 03:27 PM
The big clubs have tried to get B teams into the league's for a while. It would prob be beneficial to them and the smaller clubs to have 3 or 4 of the youth players on loan. There was plenty on show from the man u under 21s who could be good for teams like bury. Ok it's glossing over the cracks a little and doesn't help with a sht chairman but it could help financially

WanChaiMiller
27-08-2019, 07:01 PM
Statement from the Administrator yesterday.

"Devastatingly, on Saturday morning that deal collapsed"

"In just over 24 hours, the club will have its membership of the EFL revoked. Over and above that, the club is currently not in a position to carry on trading and, as such, the process of closing down the company will commence on Wednesday.

This will ultimately lead to its liquidation, the expulsion of the club from the EFL and the inevitable loss of over 150 jobs."

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/statement-on-behalf-of-paul-appleton-joint-administrator-for-bolton-wanderers4/

Grist_To_The_Mill
27-08-2019, 07:14 PM
Note the attempt at sympathy with the 150 jobs comment. Employees that were underpaid if they were paid at all.

WanChaiMiller
27-08-2019, 08:04 PM
Note the attempt at sympathy with the 150 jobs comment. Employees that were underpaid if they were paid at all.

How would you phrase it?

Grist_To_The_Mill
27-08-2019, 08:07 PM
How about " we spent money we didn't have so are entirely to blame for these folks losing their jobs"?

WanChaiMiller
27-08-2019, 08:18 PM
How about " we spent money we didn't have so are entirely to blame for these folks losing their jobs"?

It is a statement from the Adminastrator. It was not them that got the club in trouble.

That said I think this statement is better than your attemot:

"This will ultimately lead to its liquidation, the expulsion of the club from the EFL and the inevitable loss of over 150 jobs. More than that, it will devastate a community for whom the football club is a beacon of hope and expectation."

I dont read any attempt at sympathy for the 150 employees in this version.

Grist_To_The_Mill
27-08-2019, 08:24 PM
It is a statement from the Adminastrator. It was not them that got the club in trouble.

That said I think this statement is better than your attemot:

"This will ultimately lead to its liquidation, the expulsion of the club from the EFL and the inevitable loss of over 150 jobs. More than that, it will devastate a community for whom the football club is a beacon of hope and expectation."

I dont read any attempt at sympathy for the 150 employees in this version.

Ah, the administrators, those folks that will definitely be paid no matter what the outcome is.

wrinkly
27-08-2019, 08:29 PM
Obviously administrators have to make a living and I'm not qualified to comment as to the value received for their fees.

However, It's certainly food for thought that the estimated administrators fees to date are about £1.5 million. That's equivalent to £10,000 apiece for each of those 150 employees

Brin
27-08-2019, 08:30 PM
Ah, the administrators, those folks that will definitely be paid no matter what the outcome is.

Talking of losing a job.....

Imagine working in a dole office and being made redundant and having to go back in the next day to sign on....

Grist_To_The_Mill
27-08-2019, 08:56 PM
Talking of losing a job.....

Imagine working in a dole office and being made redundant and having to go back in the next day to sign on....

Yeah XD

Now this is a true story, concerning the old employment office on West Street in Sheffield.

Where I worked (Just after the millennium) was for a metalbasher business not far from Don Valley Stadium. A traditional business where the forgemen were technically called blacksmiths (sort of traditional). It was a job you sort of learnt by starting as a firelad and working up. Due to the decline of such skills we had trouble recruiting smiths to make up the forge teams.

One day a new bloke started and he immediately fitted in. It turned out he had worked for years doing the same job in the Midlands. He said after moving to Sheffield he was 6 months on the dole and that the dole office had threatened to stop paying him because he wasn't taking looking for work seriously enough.

He questioned this and they said " Well Mr Smith we think that your chance of finding a job as a shepherd is a bit remote in Sheffield"

After a short I can't get my breath outtake moment to coolect his thoughts he said " you daft ****** my name is Shepherd and I'm looking for a job as a Smith, not the other way around"

They backdated his dole and sent him our way.

For weeks after his new "forgemates"used to bleat every time he walked into the mess cabin.