PDA

View Full Version : Tonight’s formation

MILLERSTALE
28-08-2019, 07:34 AM
Will Mattock get a recall ? Or will Wood keep his place ? We have won two games with the present line up, will Lindsay get a start ? And could we throw Thompson straight in, if not it could be weeks before they can get a start !
Equally will we continue with three up front playing a decent championship team, last season in the championship we only played one up front, so what’s the difference against a much improved Owls team that we totally outplayed last season !
Personally I would like to see us play 3:5:2 as I believe this formation best suits the players we now have ?

Brin
28-08-2019, 07:55 AM
It all depends how Warne takes the competition seriously. We know we can’t win it but, get to the next round and it’s the big clubs entering.

Pure wishful thinking but, if we were to draw a top Prem side at home in round 3 then think of the revenue for the club.

On the other hand, he may elect to give Proctor, Lindsay, Thompson and Mattock a game with Smith playing centre forward.

Is it just a non descript game or will he go for it?
We will have to wait and see.

mikemiller
28-08-2019, 07:58 AM
Will Mattock get a recall ? Or will Wood keep his place ? We have won two games with the present line up, will Lindsay get a start ? And could we throw Thompson straight in, if not it could be weeks before they can get a start !
Equally will we continue with three up front playing a decent championship team, last season in the championship we only played one up front, so what’s the difference against a much improved Owls team that we totally outplayed last season !
Personally I would like to see us play 3:5:2 as I believe this formation best suits the players we now have ?

Warney tends to put newly signed players on the bench for their first game. Is Thompson definitely eligible to play anyway? Think Mattock will start against his old club , if fit. Otherwise why not give Hinds a game?

millertop
28-08-2019, 08:59 AM
Both side will make changes

Depending how fit Mattock is if he should be in team

I think Warney will probably go similar to the Shrews game if all are available with probably Thompson on bench

Shrews game
12. Lewis Price
22. Matthew Olosunde
15 Clark Robertson
20 Michael Ihiekwe
6 Richard Wood (C) 84'
11 Daniel Barlaser
8 Ben Wiles 76'
17 Matt Crooks 2'
10 Freddie Ladapo 45'64'
14 Carlton Morris 6'
7 Kyle Vassell 3'
Substitutes
1 Daniel Iversen
3 Joe Mattock
33 Jake Southern-Cooper
16 Jamie Lindsay 76'
4 Shaun MacDonald 64'
9 Jamie Proctor
24 Michael Smith 6'

rolymiller
28-08-2019, 09:00 AM
Don't think the new lad is fully fit. Warne says he needs games so doubt that he will start. Could bring him on for 20 mins or so though. Think he may give procs a run tonight.He might also tinker with midfield maybe starting Lyndsey.

mikemiller
28-08-2019, 11:43 AM
Topper - according to a previous post, Carlton Morris is still not allowed to play yet

millertop
28-08-2019, 11:48 AM
Topper - according to a previous post, Carlton Morris is still not allowed to play yet

Yes forgot about that, I did say similar to Shrews game though