PDA

View Full Version : Livermore.

Leicesterbaggie
02-09-2019, 05:35 AM
I've missed one of our seven opening games this season and I have to say how impressed I've been with Jake Livermore. I can't understand why so many fans are anti. He has been a steadying influence on our midfield and his break up play and passing on Saturday was excellent, culminating with a superb strike for our second goal. As far as I'm concerned he receives far too much criticism from a certain section of our fans. He is our onfield captain and deserves all the support that we can give him.

Yarmbaggie
02-09-2019, 06:00 AM
I've missed one of our seven opening games this season and I have to say how impressed I've been with Jake Livermore. I can't understand why so many fans are anti. He has been a steadying influence on our midfield and his break up play and passing on Saturday was excellent, culminating with a superb strike for our second goal. As far as I'm concerned he receives far too much criticism from a certain section of our fans. He is our onfield captain and deserves all the support that we can give him.

He also gives that experience to the younger players around him. Never going to win over some of the fans but I would much rather have him in that midfield role than Gareth Barry or even Chris Brunt.

Prando
02-09-2019, 06:44 AM
No argument from me Leics buddy. Sometimes he appears slow, but is well worth his place this season.

TipperaryBaggie
02-09-2019, 07:54 AM
I think everyone knows that Livermore has ability but I'm afraid his form over the last 12 months had been poor. It is really good to see that over the last few games he is starting to show what he is obviously capable of. I only hope that he can continue to show the type of form that he has shown recently and that it is not the syndrome of 'a broken clock is always right twice a day'.

saltnshake
02-09-2019, 12:58 PM
He seems to be getting around the pitch a lot better this season, maybe because he looks like he has lost some of the muscle bulk he was carrying last season think it also helps having a more mobile midfield around him.

boingy
02-09-2019, 03:19 PM
To be fair you have to give credit to Bilic.

Joy_Division
02-09-2019, 05:23 PM
I also think it helps having Sawyers consistently available to receive the ball. The guy seems to be able to either find space to receive the ball or is quite comfortable receiving it in tight situations and slipping the ball to another Albion player. A case in being Albion's first goal against Blackburn. He was being closed down quickly but he turned passed the first guy then released a quality ''forward'' pass before the second player could close him off.

BaggieSingh
03-09-2019, 11:23 AM
I also think it helps having Sawyers consistently available to receive the ball. The guy seems to be able to either find space to receive the ball or is quite comfortable receiving it in tight situations and slipping the ball to another Albion player. A case in being Albion's first goal against Blackburn. He was being closed down quickly but he turned passed the first guy then released a quality ''forward'' pass before the second player could close him off.

agreed Sawyers has really helped him, same as the no10 always finding space

Livermore needs to improve his ability to help the back 4 thats still not great

baggieal
03-09-2019, 11:43 AM
To be fair you have to give credit to Bilic.

I agree!! Bilic and Sawyers. That said, there are times when Livermore still needs to get involved more!