PDA

View Full Version : FA Cup 1st qualifying round

mickd1961
07-09-2019, 09:20 AM
Bromsgrove v Stourbridge is my destination today.....should be around 2000 there for this local cracker.

Nuneaton v Tammuff is another great tie.

More of you should give non League a try on your “weekends off”.

TipperaryBaggie
07-09-2019, 09:44 AM
I'm off to Whitstable this afternoon to watch my team Folkestone Invicta play in the first round. £4500 up for grabs today which would make such a difference to a small club like ours. Good luck today Mick.

mickd1961
07-09-2019, 10:37 AM
I'm off to Whitstable this afternoon to watch my team Folkestone Invicta play in the first round. £4500 up for grabs today which would make such a difference to a small club like ours. Good luck today Mick.

Same to you Tip.

£1500 for the losers today as well as a share of a large gate at our game.

stargazer1962
07-09-2019, 11:53 AM
Went to see Stourbridge play Bromsgrove in the league a couple of weeks ago on bank holiday Monday.
The crowd was around 1200 on a beautifully sunny day.
A decent enough match with stourbridge coming back from going down 0-1 to winning 2-1.
Bromsgrove forward (no.18) tried to get a penalty near the end of the match by continually throwing himself to the ground, some of the most blatant cheating I have ever seen, eventually the ref booked him.
I always go to at least 1 FA cup match per season, ideally with the Albion but quite happy to watch Stourbrige or Halesoswen.
Giving today a miss though, so hope both get through to futrue rounds.

TipperaryBaggie
07-09-2019, 04:00 PM
Good wins for both teams today with a 1-0 win for you and a 4-0 win for us. A little bit more money in the coffers and a decent cup run still alive.

mickd1961
07-09-2019, 04:28 PM
1200 at our match which was a tad disappointing but we deserved our win.

With gate share it should put around £7500 in our pot.

TipperaryBaggie
07-09-2019, 05:23 PM
Unfortunately, Whitstable don't get big gates, they are more interested in their oysters and don't want to shell out for football.��

baggieal
07-09-2019, 05:26 PM
1200 at our match which was a tad disappointing but we deserved our win.

With gate share it should put around £7500 in our pot.

As much changed since the ground belonged to Bromsgrove Rovers? Remember going there in the 70's and it was a good little ground and used to live in Catshill just outside Bromsgrove - those were the days! Too many vilers in that town!

mickd1961
07-09-2019, 05:42 PM
As much changed since the ground belonged to Bromsgrove Rovers? Remember going there in the 70's and it was a good little ground and used to live in Catshill just outside Bromsgrove - those were the days! Too many vilers in that town!

Much as you’d remember Al and still full of whinging Brummies!

Pugmitch
07-09-2019, 07:07 PM
Oh.....and don’t forget the Yelz beat Lichfield 7 - 1 today too. My great nephew scored a hat trick!

Looking forward to the draw.......Stourbridge odds on to be next!

mickd1961
07-09-2019, 07:16 PM
Oh.....and don’t forget the Yelz beat Lichfield 7 - 1 today too. My great nephew scored a hat trick!

Looking forward to the draw.......Stourbridge odds on to be next!

That’ll be a Montel Gibson then Pug?

He didn’t get much change out of Stour’s defence in the pre season game but I gather he’s made a bright start at Yeltz?

Stour are desperate for another striker ......is he on contract?

Pugmitch
07-09-2019, 07:28 PM
Yes that’s him.

Has been a bit of a journeyman since he was let go by Notts County.....not done too much since......mainly I think due to issues in his private life.

Now, thankfully, these appear to be sorted and he’s been given a chance at Halesowen. Scoring goals for fun at the minute. Yes he’s on a contract......so you lot can bug*er off! Mind you the Yelz seem to have put a decent side together at the moment.

Good win for you today Mick’d......be good to see a local derby!!

TipperaryBaggie
09-09-2019, 01:03 PM
I see that you are away to Coalville in the next round Mick. We have been drawn away to Kings Langley. Are they in your league Mick?

mickd1961
09-09-2019, 03:23 PM
I see that you are away to Coalville in the next round Mick. We have been drawn away to Kings Langley. Are they in your league Mick?

Yes Tip......I’ve not seen them yet but they’ve made a good start in our division.

Coalville beat us 6-4 last season and were the best side I saw last season.

SwedishBaggie
09-09-2019, 04:00 PM
Seriously, when you do find a football thread on here, it’s not about the Baggies... I give up. 😕😎

mickd1961
09-09-2019, 04:14 PM
Seriously, when you do find a football thread on here, it’s not about the Baggies... I give up. 😕😎

Maybe local football has no interest for you Swede’s Tomas......your first class football has no interest if you’re following Albion rather than a team in Sweden.

In the U.K. a lot of people follow their local town as well as their favourite professional league team.

SwedishBaggie
09-09-2019, 07:17 PM
Maybe local football has no interest for you Swede’s Tomas......your first class football has no interest if you’re following Albion rather than a team in Sweden.

In the U.K. a lot of people follow their local town as well as their favourite professional league team.

Same over here Mick, just a tongue in cheek post. 😎😉

And, I always catch a non-league game in Cornwall around Easter. Back to the roots, and no cheating over-paid primadonnas to be seen. 😎

TipperaryBaggie
21-09-2019, 10:21 AM
Good luck today Mick and lets hope that we both win and march on.

mickd1961
21-09-2019, 11:21 AM
Good luck today Mick and lets hope that we both win and march on.

Same to you Tip.

Just about to set off on the 40 odd mile trip to Coalville.

Excellent side who beat us 6-4 in the league last season.......I’m expecting a defeat.

We lost 4-0 midweek in the league ☹️

TipperaryBaggie
21-09-2019, 04:13 PM
Well, we got well and truly stuffed by Kings Langley. Ah well, concentrate on the league now as they always say!

mickd1961
21-09-2019, 05:20 PM
A good 2-0 win for a weakened Stour.

TipperaryBaggie
21-09-2019, 08:28 PM
Onwards and upwards then Mick and a few bob in the kitty.

holmleighchris
22-09-2019, 08:58 AM
Gloucester managed to crash out 5-0 to a lower ranked team: Kidlington. Cinderford lost 4-0, Cirencester managed a 2-2 draw. In the league Forest Green Rovers lost at home to the bottom club. Only Cheltenham were winners and find themselves 3rd in the league.
More local to me Tuffley Rovers got a draw in the Hellenic league at Ardley.
Not very good at football down this way!

TipperaryBaggie
20-10-2019, 10:22 PM
Very good result yesterday Mick and in the hat for the draw tomorrow night. Hope you get a top Div 1 team to boost the coffers.

mickd1961
20-10-2019, 10:41 PM
Very good result yesterday Mick and in the hat for the draw tomorrow night. Hope you get a top Div 1 team to boost the coffers.

Hi Tip,

Disappointing given we took a late lead.

Horrible trip for them to our place on Monday night though as it’ll take them 4 1-2 to 5 hours to get to us with I suspect,very few away fans to cheer them on.

We took 150-200 to Whitby although I didn’t go myself.

I’m hoping we get 1000+ tomorrow night,our average league gate is around 840 this season anyway.

If we get through I’d like to be drawn away at Sunderland as that would be the biggest gate possible in the next round.

I’d also take an away draw at my home town of Harrogate as I’ve never seen Harrogate play and it’d be a chance to go “home” to visit albeit I’m not keen about some of our travelling lot being associated with me in the place of my birth 😆

No doubt we’ll lose to Whitby or win and get a terrible draw away at a strong team at our own level!

TipperaryBaggie
21-10-2019, 09:08 PM
Great result tonight Mick and a home draw now. Onwards and upwards. Two more wins are you are in the hat with the Baggies.

mickd1961
21-10-2019, 10:14 PM
Great result tonight Mick and a home draw now. Onwards and upwards. Two more wins are you are in the hat with the Baggies.

We were rubbish tonight Tip.

0-2 down in the first half and our keeper saved a pen as well.

We kept battling but all the goals were scruffy.

I think the pre match draw for the next round took some of the oomph out of the game.

A match at home against Welling or Eastleigh is a terrible draw......we lost 0-1 in the FA Cup at home to Eastleigh in the second round three years ago and they are dour and don’t bring many fans.

To be hoping for Sunderland,Portsmouth or Bolton and get this draw was a real bummer.

mickd1961
22-10-2019, 05:01 PM
Highlights of our match last night.

Nearly 1100 there at our atmospheric little ground.

https://youtu.be/cgKqbRwqVr8

TipperaryBaggie
09-11-2019, 09:05 AM
Good luck today Mick. Eastleigh will be a hard nut to crack but this is the FA Cup and anything could happen. Would be nice to get a win and then a top league club at home. Dulwich did this last night and put £75k in the kitty from TV rights. Our noisy neighbours from over the hill are getting the same amount from TV for their game against Southend on Sunday which makes me puke!

mickd1961
09-11-2019, 12:33 PM
Good luck today Mick. Eastleigh will be a hard nut to crack but this is the FA Cup and anything could happen. Would be nice to get a win and then a top league club at home. Dulwich did this last night and put £75k in the kitty from TV rights. Our noisy neighbours from over the hill are getting the same amount from TV for their game against Southend on Sunday which makes me puke!

Cheers Tip but I’m expecting to lose by a few today,possibly 3 or 4.

We don’t have a proper goal scorer up front and rely on wide players and even our defenders to get more than their fair share.

They have a very prolific striker calked Scott Rendell who I expect to notch 2 or 3 today.

The weather here is rotten though so maybe that’ll assist us a bit.

WBA1955
09-11-2019, 01:28 PM
Good little club Stourbridge, won lots of trophies and older than both Albion and Wolves. They are changing the bus route by us, the 15 is being replaced by the 16, Wolverhampton to Stourbridge. Once that happens i will come over, stops outside the ground and then outside the Hinksford Arms on the way back.

TipperaryBaggie
09-11-2019, 05:28 PM
What a shame that they nicked that equaliser Mick. Still, you're in the hat for the next round. The dream is still alive!

mickd1961
09-11-2019, 06:07 PM
What a shame that they nicked that equaliser Mick. Still, you're in the hat for the next round. The dream is still alive!

We did well today against a physically imposing side and the danger man I highlighted,Scott Rendell scored a sharp equaliser.

A good crowd of 1846 given the weather but a pitiful 150 max from Eastleigh.

They were fitter and stronger and we wilted towards the end so I expect a comfortable win for them in the replay.

TipperaryBaggie
19-11-2019, 09:46 PM
Shame about the result tonight Mick. Never mind, hopefully the bank balance is a big more healthy after this cup run. Onwards and upwards.

mickd1961
19-11-2019, 10:05 PM
Shame about the result tonight Mick. Never mind, hopefully the bank balance is a big more healthy after this cup run. Onwards and upwards.

A massive lost opportunity at home Tip.