PDA

View Full Version : Switch of dugouts

wrinkly
10-09-2019, 03:13 PM
Home and away dugouts to change from Saturday

https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/2019/september/read--switch-of-dugouts-at-aesseal-new-york-stadium/

Seems nonsense to me but whatever makes them happy....

It does remind me of the managerial legend that was George Kerr.
At the height of his unpopularity he got some real stick from the "best side" crowd.
We were bemused when, at one home game, a bench was at the opposite side of the pitch, in front of the Millmoor lane stand.
George came out before kick-off and headed to the newly positioned bench.
The greeting he got from the Millmoor lane regulars was deafening - not in a good way for George.
Later in the game, probably HT, the bench was moved back to the main stand side, much to the amusement of the crowd.
Of course Kerr got a lovely welcome on his return to the best side.

Scum-Triumphant
10-09-2019, 03:18 PM
Cheaper than a tough tackling midfielder I suppose.

Lolmorgan
10-09-2019, 03:21 PM
I suppose Warne could see things from a different angle.

caytonmiller
10-09-2019, 03:22 PM
Suppose if he's trying to get information to the defence and they can't hear him it makes scene.

BramleyMiller58
10-09-2019, 03:27 PM
So if Bolton kick towards away end first half ?

Lolmorgan
10-09-2019, 03:35 PM
So if Bolton kick towards away end first half ?

We could be 2-0 down.

millertop
10-09-2019, 03:43 PM
XD ffs some excuse that is

I will look forward to the opposition staff though

HerbieCobbler
10-09-2019, 03:56 PM
So, Keith Hill closer to the kop tomorrow then. Works for me.

Galley On
10-09-2019, 04:00 PM
Superstition eh? Perhaps I am a bit cynical, but could it possibly be that someone is giving him grief from directly behind the old dugout?

mellowmiller
10-09-2019, 04:01 PM
So, Keith Hill closer to the kop tomorrow then. Works for me.

Wow, he's setting off early 😉

Grist_To_The_Mill
10-09-2019, 04:26 PM
I suppose Warne could see things from a different angle.

He needs to get somebody sat high up in the West Stand. You get a better perspective than at pitch level.

On a similar topic did they play New York New York before kick off at the last home game?

Can't remember hearing it

the_idiotb_stardson
10-09-2019, 04:30 PM
is this anything to do with the incident with Mrs Warne at Donny?

BramleyMiller58
10-09-2019, 04:36 PM
He needs to get somebody sat high up in the West Stand. You get a better perspective than at pitch level.

On a similar topic did they play New York New York before kick off at the last home game?

Can't remember hearing it

Been thinking he could do with someone in the stands in telephone contact

Think it was Alicia Keys New York at last game

caytonmiller
10-09-2019, 04:40 PM
Only happened a handful of times at NYS. We have prob lost everygame though.
Any of you stats fellows know?

caytonmiller
10-09-2019, 04:40 PM
Sorry. Aimed at bramleymiller

Grist_To_The_Mill
10-09-2019, 04:59 PM
is this anything to do with the incident with Mrs Warne at Donny?

Could be, but does PW realise that he's now much nearer me?

great_fire
10-09-2019, 05:18 PM
Been thinking he could do with someone in the stands in telephone contact

Think it was Alicia Keys New York at last game

It's actually 70s glam band Sweet's cover of "New York Groove" they play as an intro now, it includes the chorus of "Empire State of Mind" as the song's chorus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xO684vZ0CE

great_fire
10-09-2019, 05:27 PM
Could be, but does PW realise that he's now much nearer me?

And what are those people who shout "get back in yer box!" at the opposing manager and coach every home game going to do now? :D

Grist_To_The_Mill
10-09-2019, 05:51 PM
“Get back in yer box” is one of the milder things they shout

sawmiller
10-09-2019, 06:14 PM
Is it my imagination, or does Ketih Hill have a pretty good record against us?

great_fire
10-09-2019, 06:16 PM
“Get back in yer box” is one of the milder things they shout

Well it's now the turn of WS6 and 7 to pick up the baton.

CAMiller
10-09-2019, 06:18 PM
Is it my imagination, or does Ketih Hill have a pretty good record against us?

He does and if it's even better by 5pm Saturday it will be the World's biggest catastrophe since the dinosaurs became extinct XD

flourbasher
10-09-2019, 06:18 PM
Nice welcome for jackett if he hasn't been binned by then

Brin
10-09-2019, 06:26 PM
Superstition eh? Perhaps I am a bit cynical, but could it possibly be that someone is giving him grief from directly behind the old dugout?

Galley On, I'm with you on this one....thing is he doesn't listen to good advice....XD

great_fire
10-09-2019, 06:27 PM
Galley On, I'm with you on this one....thing is he doesn't listen to good advice....XD

I hope you told him 4-3-3 wasn't working.

I think they'll move back pretty quickly TBH, can't see how being closer to the away fans will help them, or the players on the bench.

Brin
10-09-2019, 06:33 PM
I hope you told him 4-3-3 wasn't working.

I think they'll move back pretty quickly TBH, can't see how being closer to the away fans will help them, or the players on the bench.

Doesn't matter where he moves to, if we carry on not gelling and dropping stupid points, Tony will speak with him if he has to...>;)

Lasterman
10-09-2019, 06:47 PM
I'd rather we start playing in the opponents half in the last 15 minutes rather than the manager being stood in ours.

Grist_To_The_Mill
10-09-2019, 07:02 PM
Back to not playing New York New York, is it a copyright problem?

We end up with a distinctive song that nobody else uses and we ditch it?

sawmiller
10-09-2019, 07:09 PM
he does and if it's even better by 5pm saturday it will be the world's biggest catastrophe since the dinosaurs became extinct xd

xdxdxd

Ronners
10-09-2019, 07:33 PM
Don't know if it's been mentioned already on this thread, but it has been mentioned before on other threads that the away team could have some sort of psychological, even tactical, advantage because they can have a word in the ear of the linesman throughout the game, and regularly do, whereas our lot in the current home team dug out can't.
I'm not saying they are changing for that reason but from a game management point of view it would make sense and may even gain us a slight advantage at times, and apologies if it has already been mentoned.

Grist_To_The_Mill
10-09-2019, 07:44 PM
Don't know if it's been mentioned already on this thread, but it has been mentioned before on other threads that the away team could have some sort of psychological, even tactical, advantage because they can have a word in the ear of the linesman throughout the game, and regularly do, whereas our lot in the current home team dug out can't.
I'm not saying they are changing for that reason but from a game management point of view it would make sense and may even gain us a slight advantage at times, and apologies if it has already been mentoned.

Good point.

millertop
10-09-2019, 07:47 PM

Watch us try that and end up with staff seeing red cards

Stovicmiller
10-09-2019, 08:23 PM
It's a no brainer to move dugouts. We have watched away managers getting in the ear of the lino every home game since we moved to NY. Should have done it sooner.

Ronners
10-09-2019, 08:25 PM

I know what you mean millertop, my son and I sit down near the away end, and every away team dugout take it in turns having a go at the liner and it carries on all game, but yes it would be just our luck for our lads in the dugout to start getting carded.

Grist_To_The_Mill
10-09-2019, 08:34 PM
Plus you get the away fans singing “dingbat, dingbat, give us a wave” song to the away manager.

They will have to shout louder now

great_fire
10-09-2019, 08:58 PM
Back to not playing New York New York, is it a copyright problem?

We end up with a distinctive song that nobody else uses and we ditch it?

"New York State of Mind" has pretty much taken over from "New York, New York" with the real New York teams at the other side of the Atlantic as well.

Still don't like the New York Stadium name myself, very provincial, reminds me of that "New York, New York" nightclub we used to have, "you're not from New York City, you're from Rotherham."

jakethemiller
10-09-2019, 09:15 PM
"New York State of Mind" has pretty much taken over from "New York, New York" with the real New York teams at the other side of the Atlantic as well.

Still don't like the New York Stadium name myself, very provincial, reminds me of that "New York, New York" nightclub we used to have, "you're not from New York City, you're from Rotherham."

I agree to a point but I've always known that area at the back of Tiffany's as New York so accepted it. As for the dig outs a good point has been made about the linos.

great_fire
10-09-2019, 09:18 PM
I agree to a point but I've always known that area at the back of Tiffany's as New York so accepted it. As for the dig outs a good point has been made about the linos.

I didn't think of that but if I was manager I'd still rather be further away from hostile away fans.

BramleyMiller58
10-09-2019, 09:55 PM
Sorry. Aimed at bramleymiller

I ducked !

great_fire
10-09-2019, 11:03 PM
It's actually 70s glam band Sweet's cover of "New York Groove" they play as an intro now, it includes the chorus of "Empire State of Mind" as the song's chorus.

There's actually another Rotherham United connection with the new intro song.

There are two touring versions of Sweet and this song was recorded by the version headed by guitarist Andy Scott.

Remember this one I suggested as an intro, I bet Poddington would improve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtymN78vRT0

Hazza Has A Gazza
11-09-2019, 01:19 AM
Not as daft as it sounds although I doubt there's much science behind it. For as long as I could remember, the away dugout at Millmoor was the one closest to the Tivoli End. In fact the home dugout was just past the halfway line while the away one was about halfway down that half of the pitch until new regulations came in stating dugouts must be equal distance from the halfway line.

Did it give us an advantage? Probably not.

Scum-Triumphant
11-09-2019, 06:18 AM

Or stewards taking their details.

kevthemaltbymiller
13-09-2019, 09:43 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xO684vZ0CE

I like this many clips in the song that we can all sing to seconds before kickoff, always said the pre match build up is way to early as most of the crowd is still in the concourses when they play the videos etc that are suppose to lift the crowd and get the NYS bouncing. Timing for this stuff is key and we get it very wrong.

millertop
14-09-2019, 07:05 AM
The day is here, let’s have some fun >;) or not if Cleo see us on CCTV and can lip read >:)

pip_y
14-09-2019, 08:14 PM
Not as daft as it sounds although I doubt there's much science behind it. For as long as I could remember, the away dugout at Millmoor was the one closest to the Tivoli End. In fact the home dugout was just past the halfway line while the away one was about halfway down that half of the pitch until new regulations came in stating dugouts must be equal distance from the halfway line.

Did it give us an advantage? Probably not.

I always thought it was to make the opposition walk further at Millmoor and also gave us an easier journey if anything needed from the changing rooms.

Pattylallacks2
15-09-2019, 07:29 AM
Keith Hill looked sadly out of position .

CASPER-64-FRANK
15-09-2019, 08:40 AM
Keith Hill looked sadly out of position .

So did most of his team...😉.

Wonder if anyone gave him some verbal from back of the dugout area ?

Pattylallacks2
15-09-2019, 09:01 AM
So did most of his team...😉.

Wonder if anyone gave him some verbal from back of the dugout area ?

Yes, one old bloke did - he thought it was Warney