PDA

View Full Version : Team selection v Bromley

TSANHO
18-09-2019, 11:34 AM
With Doyle missing for the next four games I think Ardley faces a bit of a headache. Doyle has dictated everything good about our style of play and it'll be interesting to see how Ardley adapts his team.

Doyle always comes deep to collect the ball and without him who is going to step into that role...or who in the defence has good enough distribution to help lessen he burden.

Do we go flat four or into a diamond, and who starts? Rose has to step up now and start producing 90 minute performances, now is his big chance as he was pretty poor earlier in the season when Doyle was missing.

My attempt below in a diamond:

GK - Slocombe

RB - Brindley
CB - Graham
CB - Turner
LB - Mccrory

Diamond Anchor - O'Brien
Right of Diamond - Rose
Left of Diamond - Booty
Spear of Diamond - Shields

ST - Wootton
ST - Dennis

Subs: Enzio, Rawlinson, Thomas, Fitz, Tyson

pjace
18-09-2019, 11:48 AM
I think he will stick to a basic 442 cant see him leaving Enzio out either

Slocombe
Brindley Graham Turner McCrory

Enzio Rose JOB Booty

Dennis Wootton

Subs Fitz,Zoum,Thomas,Shields,Rawlinson

ncfcog
18-09-2019, 12:06 PM
I think he will stick to a basic 442 cant see him leaving Enzio out either

Slocombe
Brindley Graham Turner McCrory

Enzio Rose JOB Booty

Dennis Wootton

Subs Fitz,Zoum,Thomas,Shields,Rawlinson

Looks ok to me.

navypie
18-09-2019, 12:19 PM
With Doyle missing for the next four games I think Ardley faces a bit of a headache. Doyle has dictated everything good about our style of play and it'll be interesting to see how Ardley adapts his team.

Doyle always comes deep to collect the ball and without him who is going to step into that role...or who in the defence has good enough distribution to help lessen he burden.

Do we go flat four or into a diamond, and who starts? Rose has to step up now and start producing 90 minute performances, now is his big chance as he was pretty poor earlier in the season when Doyle was missing.

My attempt below in a diamond:

GK - Slocombe

RB - Brindley
CB - Graham
CB - Turner
LB - Mccrory

Diamond Anchor - O'Brien
Right of Diamond - Rose
Left of Diamond - Booty
Spear of Diamond - Shields

ST - Wootton
ST - Dennis

Subs: Enzio, Rawlinson, Thomas, Fitz, Tyson

Oh, Enzio on the bench. Sounds good to me.

i961pie
18-09-2019, 02:20 PM
Oh, Enzio on the bench. Sounds good to me.

Enzio under the bench would sound good to you;D

BigFatPie
18-09-2019, 02:34 PM
I think it was Stall that said before the Halifax game that neither Ardley nor the fans had much of an idea about our best 11, but hopefully that match has cast some light on the issue.

I’ll be disappointed if he messes around too much with the team from last Saturday with Booty coming in for Doyle and maybe Dennis coming in for Thomas. I do hope we go wholeheartedly for the 3 points, there’s a few teams near the top who appear to be in a false position, and the stats suggest Bromley are one of them.

ncfcog
19-09-2019, 07:09 AM
So with Graham no longer available there will have to be at least one change, the obvious being Rawlinson as a straight swap. Hopefully Turner has recovered from that tweak in his calf as well.

My concern is NA my tinker too much and put McCrory in there and bring Bakayogo in to the starting line up. The worst case is Turner is not fit as well then I worry he might panick and go five at the back again but I'm hoping he's got that out of his system now!

Would rotate Dennis for Thomas as well.

I would pick (442)

Slocombe
Brindley Rawlinson Turner McCrory
Enzio Rose JOB Booty
Dennis Wootton

I think NA will go a bit narrower (4321/433)

Slocombe
Brindley Turner McCrory Bakayogo
Rose JOB Booty
Enzio Thomas
Wootton

wiseoldmagpie
19-09-2019, 08:10 AM
Bird should surely get a chance in the light of Graham's injury. I rate him!

Bohinen
19-09-2019, 08:11 AM
I would pick (442)

Slocombe
Brindley Rawlinson Turner McCrory
Enzio Rose JOB Booty
Dennis Wootton

That is absolutely the most sensible choice, and, for that reason, NA will go for

Slocombe
Brindley Turner McCrory Bakayogo
Rose JOB Booty
Enzio Thomas
Wootton
#Tinkerman #ChristmasTree

sidders
19-09-2019, 08:38 AM
The one factor none of you surrogate selectors are able to take on board is the opposition. I would be disappointed if Neal was not acting upon information received about Bromley's formation and tactics and preparing Notts accordingly.
Without info on Bromley, you are just acting in a vacuum.
El Sid

slack_pie
19-09-2019, 09:24 AM
The one factor none of you surrogate selectors are able to take on board is the opposition. I would be disappointed if Neal was not acting upon information received about Bromley's formation and tactics and preparing Notts accordingly.
Without info on Bromley, you are just acting in a vacuum.
El Sid

I understand that Bromley will try to score goals while simultaneously trying to avoid conceding them. To counter that, I think we should play some defenders and some attackers, and some midfielders too - ideally the best ones we have, assuming they are fit.

navypie
19-09-2019, 09:31 AM
I understand that Bromley will try to score goals while simultaneously trying to avoid conceding them. To counter that, I think we should play some defenders and some attackers, and some midfielders too - ideally the best ones we have, assuming they are fit.

A goalkeeper would be advantageous as well.

ncfcog
19-09-2019, 09:35 AM
Oh senor Sid, don't be such a fun hoover (see what I did there?).

It would of course be remisce of us to not consider the opposition, the likely conditions, the pitch, whether home or away etc when predicting a possible team before a game. However, in the cold light of day we have arguably one of the better and more experienced squads in this league and it is our opponents who should be looking at how to compete with us not the other way around. Let's be right, we are playing Bromley not frigging Man City!

I posted two teams, my preferred eleven and a team I feel NA will put out. The reason for the NA inclusion is because I feel he dwells too much on the opposition and because away from home will go narrower and a little more direct.

Anyway, maybe we should do away with all of the prediction threads, after all if we haven't done enough to find out if Kyle Wooton will be wearing his lucky underpants how on earth can we predict ih he will score, or maybe we haven't researched that Mr Jones from Gedling and his family can't get to the game on saturday against Fylde so we need to reduce our attendance prediction by four??

Ah bugger, just realised I took the bait FFS :zzz:

sidders
19-09-2019, 07:11 PM

You will no doubt be dismayed to learn, Mr Slick, that your unwarranted sarcasm has removed you from the top of my poster league table and plummeted you down to 7th.
El Sid