PDA

View Full Version : anyone else got the feeling that it is all gonna click....

the_idiotb_stardson
04-10-2019, 08:26 AM
Saturday and we are going to smash Coventry?

KerrAvon
04-10-2019, 08:42 AM
I am generally of an optimistic disposition when it comes to football, but have been struggling with that since last Saturday at Bristol.

There is quality within the squad, but no team yet.

Brin
04-10-2019, 08:46 AM
I stated in a previous post, that I don’t think our season has got going yet and still think the same.

Until we play regularly with two wingers and only two up front, will we finally see the finished article.

We really miss Vaulks in midfield. Crooks need dropping and Macdonald and Lindsay/Wiles need to make the midfield their domain and be hard as nails ala Grealish and get stuck in whilst supporting the front two on attack.

Mattock will soon be dropped for the new Irish lad? With Robertson, Ike and Olosunde making the back line. That for me is our formation.

As for Coventry, no we won’t. I would like to be proved wrong though.

sawmiller
04-10-2019, 08:50 AM
Too early yet given injury disruptions - second half of the season may be - season of mid table consolidation

wrinkly
04-10-2019, 09:06 AM
I stated in a previous post, that I don’t think our season has got going yet and still think the same.

Until we play regularly with two wingers and only two up front, will we finally see the finished article.

We really miss Vaulks in midfield. Crooks need dropping and Macdonald and Lindsay/Wiles need to make the midfield their domain and be hard as nails ala Grealish and get stuck in whilst supporting the front two on attack.

Mattock will soon be dropped for the new Irish lad? With Robertson, Ike and Olosunde making the back line. That for me is our formation.

As for Coventry, no we won’t. I would like to be proved wrong though.
Brin, a few days ago you said that, if Warne had any sense, he would play Olosunde on the wing. What's changed your mind?

flourbasher
04-10-2019, 09:53 AM
Yes Bristol Rovers was a major setback that's knocked my confidence
They were very average and didn't try the bus and we had no answers
It will take a run of a few games to convince me we're playing at our full potential

frogmiller
04-10-2019, 10:51 AM
I don't think we'll click as in have a good run of performances until we have a mister in the middle of the midfield.
We're playing with too many young men who don't have the experience and know how to change things.

We need Macdonald to be in the side for a run of games but who does he replace?

Brin
04-10-2019, 11:37 AM
Brin, a few days ago you said that, if Warne had any sense, he would play Olosunde on the wing. What's changed your mind?

I was referring to the fact that Ogbene was still out but Warne had stated Olosunde was available. Jones was playing right back so Olosunde could for me push up further like he does on the odd run. Nothing too mathematical.

Brin
04-10-2019, 11:39 AM
I don't think we'll click as in have a good run of performances until we have a mister in the middle of the midfield.
We're playing with too many young men who don't have the experience and know how to change things.

We need Macdonald to be in the side for a run of games but who does he replace?

Frog really? It's Crooks. He's been playing well below his standards and has been given the opportunity to shine but has not shown anywhere near his form from last season.

jakethemiller
04-10-2019, 11:50 AM
[QUOTE=frogmiller;39338211]I don't think we'll click as in have a good run of performances until we have a mister in the middle of the midfield.

We need Macdonald to be in the side for a run of games but who does he replace?[/QU
It may be just me but is Mcdonald upto it. Not shown it yet.

Brin
04-10-2019, 12:01 PM
[QUOTE=frogmiller;39338211]I don't think we'll click as in have a good run of performances until we have a mister in the middle of the midfield.

We need Macdonald to be in the side for a run of games but who does he replace?[/QU

Jake, how about he got as much game time as Crooks has had then judge him? A player can only adapt and better his game if he plays constantly. Stamina levels increase and an awareness of how his team mates gel also goes a long way when playing on a more regular basis.

jakethemiller
04-10-2019, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE=jakethemiller;39338236]

Jake, how about he got as much game time as Crooks has had then judge him? A player can only adapt and better his game if he plays constantly. Stamina levels increase and an awareness of how his team mates gel also goes a long way when playing on a more regular basis.

Don't disagree and totally agree that we need someone to boss the midfield, but from what I've seen of him, and I don't miss many games, he isn't the one. He hasn't played for 2 years due to past injuries and he seems to pick knocks up every game. I'm always willing to give players a chance and hope all the signings click and we get to be back in the promotion mix. I suppose he'll come good after all he is one of Warnes old mates.

Masbroughstreet
04-10-2019, 01:33 PM

I may be in the minority with this view but I thought he was having a really good game at Doncaster and we fell to pieces after he went off injured. He'd play in front of Crooks tomorrow for me if he's fit enough.

gm_gm
04-10-2019, 01:34 PM
I think it will be another hoof ball / Ale house performance with me leaving after 60 minutes to relieve the tedium

CASPER-64-FRANK
04-10-2019, 02:00 PM
Another dour game that could go either way. Coventry’s average is concede one a game, so is ours.
Bring Barlaser back to give him another chance if he’s fit or start MacDonald.
The talent in the team is there, it’s just a question of teamwork and not individual performances.

the_idiotb_stardson
04-10-2019, 02:51 PM
I think we are going to absolutely batter Coventry tomorrow.

wrinkly
04-10-2019, 02:57 PM
I think we are going to absolutely batter Coventry tomorrow.

in the Bristol Rovers post-match thread:

"This isn't going to get better.
Warne has to go."

For the life of me I don't understand what "fun" you get out of this sort of crap

Lolmorgan
04-10-2019, 03:00 PM
Up to now no,not really seen any sign of improvement but I live in hope like I've done for many a year being a Miller.

CAMiller
04-10-2019, 03:07 PM

Warne has to go."

For the life of me I don't understand what "fun" you get out of this sort of crap
We have asked FootyMad if they could automatically prepend W/U to IBS's threads and are awaiting their action with bated breath.

the_idiotb_stardson
04-10-2019, 03:34 PM

Warne has to go."

I am allowed to change my mind am I not?

I call it as I see it and we have been razor sharp in training this week.

There is definitely a new determination around the place.

I am a cynic by nature when it comes to the Millers and I seldom expect us to win. However I cannot ignore the evidence from the training sessions.

Performance of the season coming up tomorrow.

Also if the practice matches in training are anything to go by, expect a surprise in the starting line up tomorrow.

I am so confident that if we don't beat Coventry tomorrow I will never ever post on here again.

CASPER-64-FRANK
04-10-2019, 04:14 PM
I’m expecting a 1-0 win.
If we do it’s 15pts from 10 games, exactly the same as last time we were in League 1.
We need to get Ogbene, Clarke and Thompson back in the squad to give us more options.
Disappointed so far yet all still to play for.

rolymiller
04-10-2019, 04:55 PM

I am a cynic by nature when it comes to the Millers and I seldom expect us to win. However I cannot ignore the evidence from the training sessions.

Also if the practice matches in training are anything to go by, expect a surprise in the starting line up tomorrow.

I am so confident that if we don't beat Coventry tomorrow I will never ever post on here again.

...promises. promises

Scum-Triumphant
04-10-2019, 07:33 PM
I just saw that last time we played them at NYS we lost 3-1 after being 1-0 up from a Skarz goal until 70th minute.
England striker Callum Wilson plated but didn’t score.

5 years ago.

Brin
04-10-2019, 07:45 PM

Probably not under the pseudonym of IBS ;D

the_idiotb_stardson
05-10-2019, 04:32 PM
Altogether now

' THE NIGHT THEY DROVE OLD DIXIE DOWN'

Brin
05-10-2019, 04:37 PM
IBS ....good brave call ;D

the_idiotb_stardson
05-10-2019, 04:38 PM
IBS ....good brave call ;D

HA HA.

Hey Brin I enjoyed our singalong last night......fancy another rendition of "the night they drove ole Dixie down" next Friday next?

Brin
05-10-2019, 04:40 PM
HA HA.

Hey Brin I enjoyed our singalong last night......fancy another rendition of "the night they drove ole Dixie down" next Friday next?

Why not, I might even put Joan Baez on in the background....

the_idiotb_stardson
05-10-2019, 04:44 PM
Why not, I might even put Joan Baez on in the background....

brin, we have to sing it again next Friday neet.....I am a superstitious sod.....we have to keep singing it until we get beat (not bothered about the poxy cup in midweek) but definitely before the Blackpool game.

Joan Baez all the way now mate.

Brin
05-10-2019, 04:46 PM
👍👍👍

the_idiotb_stardson
05-10-2019, 04:49 PM
good man

rolymiller
05-10-2019, 04:53 PM
Looks like you have a reprieve mr stardson...

Townerslovechild
05-10-2019, 04:55 PM
Nostrodamus IBS, well done fella.
See, it feels nice to positive some times.

the_idiotb_stardson
05-10-2019, 04:58 PM
Nostrodamus IBS, well done fella.
See, it feels nice to positive some times.

ha ha yeah it feels weird.....I might be ill or something!!!

Lolmorgan
05-10-2019, 05:08 PM
ha ha yeah it feels weird.....I might be ill or something!!!

You will be ok mate,just don't forget to take one three times a day.

the_idiotb_stardson
05-10-2019, 05:10 PM
You will be ok mate,just don't forget to take one three times a day.

Joan Baez is the medicine.

gm_gm
05-10-2019, 06:35 PM
Just a quick post to say well done fella you called this and I didn’t see this coming.

frogmiller
05-10-2019, 07:09 PM
Frog really? It's Crooks. He's been playing well below his standards and has been given the opportunity to shine but has not shown anywhere near his form from last season.

I was wrong but mainly right. If Lindsay can continue playing like that then there's no need to change things.

gm_gm
05-10-2019, 07:28 PM
E
I was wrong but mainly right. If Lindsay can continue playing like that then there's no need to change things.

Let’s not get carried away Frog, Lindsay can not pass 10 feet to our players but he can disrupt play and be a thorn

mellowmiller
05-10-2019, 07:34 PM
Quite amusing when you read back through this thread and see who should play and who should be dropped 😊.
Thank goodness the manager does his own thing!

frogmiller
06-10-2019, 08:16 AM
E

Let’s not get carried away Frog, Lindsay can not pass 10 feet to our players but he can disrupt play and be a thorn

I agree with you Gm. If Barlaser or anyone who is in the side for their passing actually does make themselves available near to him then that's the ideal situation.

mikemiller
06-10-2019, 08:34 AM
We still need to balance the squad a bit. If we are no longer going to play 4-3-3 (and that would probably be a good thing) then we have got quite a lot of forwards who will be warming the bench, plus several out on loan too. On the other hand, because Warney is very reluctant to play Hinds or Cooper, we look like we need more cover in defence, unless our injured defenders are due to reappear soon. They haven't even played a reserve game yet, so that could still be some way off. Be interesting to see who plays in midweek

the_idiotb_stardson
06-10-2019, 10:13 AM
Just a quick post to say well done fella you called this and I didn’t see this coming.

To be honest gm, I have done a lot of moaning about Warnie and the lads recently. I have had a couple weeks off work so I decided to go and watch the lads train to see if they actually did any tactics. I suspected that it was just fitness and running etc. I was wrong and I was very impressed with what I saw.. The accepted opinion is that Warnie is a good manager but not a great tactician. Well from what I have seen he is working really hard to become tactically savvy. The training sessions were very disciplined and it was clear they were workington tactics and onplan b's and plan c's.

I talked to another supporter who is a regular watching training ( I have not been since the Steve Evans era). He said the team are always working on tactics. His only criticism before the Coventry game was that Warnie did not use the right players in their correct positions when trying out new formations. I suggest that Warnie got both right yesterday" formation and the right players playing in the various positions.

If you are a negative, cranky old git like me....I suggest you go and watch Warnie and the boys train.

p.s "If you can't say anything positive don't say anything at all" will be my philosophy now when talking about the Millers.

However I will still be negative about the soppy lefties on here on the political threads.

KerrAvon
06-10-2019, 10:53 AM
Nice one, IBS.