PDA

View Full Version : Was I the only fan...

Joy_Division
23-10-2019, 06:26 PM
who thought we should have had a nailed on penalty when Austin got shoved in the back that sent him sprawling? Was it picked up on Sky or did I just imagine it.

soulman101
23-10-2019, 06:56 PM
who thought we should have had a nailed on penalty when Austin got shoved in the back that sent him sprawling? Was it picked up on Sky or did I just imagine it.
We all saw it in the Brummie

Albionic68
23-10-2019, 09:44 PM
I haven't seen any replays book it looked nailed on to me and all those around me, and that's from towards the back of the Smethwick at the opposite end of the ground.

mickd1961
23-10-2019, 09:51 PM
I haven't seen any replays book it looked nailed on to me and all those around me, and that's from towards the back of the Smethwick at the opposite end of the ground.

You sit with the “unwashed” 68? 😆

I had you down as an exec box man 😎

Acido
24-10-2019, 12:39 AM
If you were denied a so called 'obvious' pen, then thats unlucky, but you might have blazed it over into row X anyway lol.
But hey lads, I/we could talk about this till the cows come home, we (in what might sound like a biased opinion) never seem to get the so called rub of the green, when it comes to ref's and pens given or conceded!. :O

Leicesterbaggie
24-10-2019, 09:40 AM
If you were denied a so called 'obvious' pen, then thats unlucky, but you might have blazed it over into row X anyway lol.
But hey lads, I/we could talk about this till the cows come home, we (in what might sound like a biased opinion) never seem to get the so called rub of the green, when it comes to ref's and pens given or conceded!. :O

Let's be honest about the game, Barnsley deserved their half time lead. As I said in a previous thread, we improved in the second half but not at our best. We probably deserved to equalise and as far as I'm concerned, the draw was a fair result. As for the penalty, I'm not sure, seen them given, seen them not.

soulman101
24-10-2019, 09:47 AM
VAR would have picked it up. But would you rather miss out or gain from decisions like this or have VAR.

Leicesterbaggie
24-10-2019, 09:52 AM
VAR would have picked it up. But would you rather miss out or gain from decisions like this or have VAR.

Don't like VAR. Would prefer to take the rough with the smooth. Probably live to regret this comment in the future when an obvious decision goes against us!

Johnny on the spot 1
24-10-2019, 10:34 AM
I'm sure with the penalty decision , the linesman had his flag up for off side on someone else a fraction before, to be honest I jumped out my seat shouting pen ref come on you tossa , but let's face it he was a crap ref anyway.

Albionic68
24-10-2019, 11:23 AM
You sit with the “unwashed” 68? 😆

I had you down as an exec box man 😎

XD XD .

The dirt helps keep us warm and the build ups of ear wax blot out the sound of that fkn drum Mick. I go in the Halfords or East stand occasionally for Cup games but I'm not a huge fan of either to be honest. While I understand the attraction for others I really can't see me doing the executive malarkey any time soon either. Trousers to the football? And as for all that washing malarkey, no ta chap >;) .

Albionic68
24-10-2019, 11:28 AM
I'm sure with the penalty decision , the linesman had his flag up for off side on someone else a fraction before, to be honest I jumped out my seat shouting pen ref come on you tossa , but let's face it he was a crap ref anyway.

Not sure if that's the same instance JotS but if it was the ref's assistant probably got it wrong anyway. They were largely incompetent from start to finish and had displayed no real authority throughout either. Anyway, it's gone now. Charlton Saturday. Onward B) .

Johnny on the spot 1
24-10-2019, 06:10 PM
Absolutely 68 me & the better half we be their .

Acido
24-10-2019, 11:48 PM
Not sure if that's the same instance JotS but if it was the ref's assistant probably got it wrong anyway. They were largely incompetent from start to finish and had displayed no real authority throughout either. Anyway, it's gone now. Charlton Saturday. Onward B) .

Like you say '68, its gone now and we'll see you at Oakwell later on in the season. :)
What are the thoughts right now on promotion, maybe even automatic rather than in the lottery of the Play offs ?.