PDA

View Full Version : Kiko Casilla

Rev72
01-11-2019, 08:02 PM
Reading on Leedsnewsnow that (allegedly) 2 Charlton players heard Casilla say a racist comment to the lad who put in a complaint.

6 game ban if found guilty..maybe be off loaded in January?

Not good.

Jezleeds
01-11-2019, 08:46 PM
Reading on Leedsnewsnow that (allegedly) 2 Charlton players heard Casilla say a racist comment to the lad who put in a complaint.

6 game ban if found guilty..maybe be off loaded in January?

Not good.

Definitely not good if he did do it.

Not sure it's not good if we off-load him in January. Still gives me the heebie jeebies every time he juggles the ball with various parts of his lower body on the penalty spot in front of the on-rushing attacker.

LeedsFTW
02-11-2019, 12:12 AM
Was going to post that it sounded like Charltons players just rallying around their own. Then had a quick glance at some other info which suggests the EFL brought in lip readers & Spanish translators with the outcome not looking good for Kiko.

I dont condone racism/discrimination or bullying, so for me if he is guilty of such behaviour, I think the club needs to come down on him hard.

CalverleyBoy
02-11-2019, 12:22 PM
Was going to post that it sounded like Charltons players just rallying around their own. Then had a quick glance at some other info which suggests the EFL brought in lip readers & Spanish translators with the outcome not looking good for Kiko.

I dont condone racism/discrimination or bullying, so for me if he is guilty of such behaviour, I think the club needs to come down on him hard.

If (and we all know he will be) found guilty they will hammer him, in view of recent events the powers that be will feel they have to set an example and who better than the Leeds goalkeeper.

Rev72
02-11-2019, 12:27 PM
Looks like the FA are wanting to make an example given what happened in Bulgaria and hand out a 8 to 12 game ban.

It has got a 'lets shaft Leeds' feel to it but he deserves all he gets if its proven.

LeedsFTW
02-11-2019, 06:37 PM
Will be interesting to see how the club deal with it too, we could ask him to take a pay cut and then fire him if he refuses!

Jezleeds
03-11-2019, 08:26 AM
Looks like the FA are wanting to make an example given what happened in Bulgaria and hand out a 8 to 12 game ban.

It has got a 'lets shaft Leeds' feel to it but he deserves all he gets if its proven.

I'm not sure there's a Leeds slant to this at all - remember John Terry and Luis Suarez?

If (and from reports it seems pretty clear cut) he's done it, then they need to throw the book at him and i don't want players like that at Leeds United.

Rev72
03-11-2019, 12:39 PM
I'm not sure there's a Leeds slant to this at all - remember John Terry and Luis Suarez?

If (and from reports it seems pretty clear cut) he's done it, then they need to throw the book at him and i don't want players like that at Leeds United.

Us and the FA jez..always gives me a feeling of paranoia.

Deserves all he gets if found guilty but don't be surprised if the FA go to town and invent a new lengthy ban......

spaldy
03-11-2019, 02:00 PM
Find it hard to believe someone of his experience and stature is out there spewing racial slurs. The FA record speaks for itself

leedsutdman
03-11-2019, 04:25 PM
You can't trust these foreign bloody goal keepers.

Billyni
04-11-2019, 06:22 PM
Second choice keeper for xmas and new year then.

Silentman
04-11-2019, 06:57 PM
If they have lip readers/translators and he's said what he's supposed to have said, then why is he denying it so strenuously and the Club backing him, doesn't make sense?

LeedsFTW
04-11-2019, 07:53 PM
If they have lip readers/translators and he's said what he's supposed to have said, then why is he denying it so strenuously and the Club backing him, doesn't make sense?

That does puzzle me too, really hope he is innocent somehow

Jezleeds
04-11-2019, 08:04 PM
That does puzzle me too, really hope he is innocent somehow

I guess like Suarez if you deny it for long enough people might believe you and your reputation is somewhat maintained in the game and in the face of all the various people you play with and against.

You get to keep the player, and maintain the status quo, even if you are sure you're not doing the right thing. Horrible thought.

Carragher came out last week and said they had been wrong to support Suarez in the way they did - could be another case of that for us, if the evidence is clear.

Also - financial reasons? Depending on how bad it was/might be, he's costing us 50 grand a week at present, so who would buy him/buy him out if he admits it? Would we be stuck with a lemon nobody wants? Would we be able to cancel a contract on the basis of his behaviour?

I dunno - whatever way you look at it, it would stink if it's clear he did it. Marcelo winning the fair play award in those circumstances?!

Rev72
04-11-2019, 08:11 PM
Fanniehairy (or what eva its name is) was cleared of any racial abuse by a UK Magistrates court but was still charged by the FA and banned for 6 games!

FA are corrupt to the core so expect the worst guilty or not..

hopelesslyoptimistic
04-11-2019, 08:28 PM
Lance Armstrong strenuously denied wrong doing and we all know how that ended

BelfastAndy
04-11-2019, 09:31 PM
Fanniehairy (or what eva its name is) was cleared of any racial abuse by a UK Magistrates court but was still charged by the FA and banned for 6 games!

FA are corrupt to the core so expect the worst guilty or not..

Lol XD

wortleygirl
04-11-2019, 10:11 PM
My cousins son and daughter in law are both deaf and lip read family and friends who don't know how to sign. To understand fully what people are saying they need to look at you straight on and you should articulate clearly. Even then they do not always "read" the correct words. So as far as I am concerned bringing lip readers and Spanish language lip readers does not mean that what they say he said is totally correct.

And I did read somewhere, one of the groups on facebook I think, that this same lad has in the past accused at least 3 other players of doing the same thing. How true this is I don't know.

If he did say anything racist then hell mend him. If he didn't then the Charlton lad needs a good talking to.

I await with baited breath the full transcript from the FA

denver11
05-11-2019, 06:50 AM
It would be interesting if he did get a 8-12 game ban as rumoured. It would mean they've made their minds up already before speaking to Casilla despite denying they have made any decisions.

Rev72
05-11-2019, 03:35 PM
Not sure how true this is but the alledged racist comment/remark Kiko supposedly said was to a Leeds defender "Mark the black lad".

If true..and that is considered to be racist..then I think..well I don't know what to think to be honest..seems very extreme to call it a 'racist' remark.

denver11
05-11-2019, 05:14 PM
I heard that as well Rev. Seems to me if they're charging him they already deem him guilty.

george_kaplan
05-11-2019, 05:23 PM
Not sure how true this is but the alledged racist comment/remark Kiko supposedly said was to a Leeds defender "Mark the black lad".

If true..and that is considered to be racist..then I think..well I don't know what to think to be honest..seems very extreme to call it a 'racist' remark.

What’s the word in Spanish for black mate!

He said Kiko said something racist, our guy said he didn’t.....I’m LUFC I am batting for our guy. If guilty he deserves what’s coming, but we (LUFC) are also fighting once again the dog schitts at the fa, so like WG I wait with baited breathe as to what they can dig up.

alfinyalcabo
05-11-2019, 06:08 PM
What’s the word in Spanish for black mate!

He said Kiko said something racist, our guy said he didn’t.....I’m LUFC I am batting for our guy. If guilty he deserves what’s coming, but we (LUFC) are also fighting once again the dog schitts at the fa, so like WG I wait with baited breathe as to what they can dig up.

Negro.

BelfastAndy
05-11-2019, 09:35 PM

"Excuse me, please mark this person of different ethnicity here please"...

WTF11
05-11-2019, 09:57 PM

Doesn't matter how absurd, if the authorities can adopt and anti-Leeds stance, they will. Thing is it would have been just as easy to say "Mark the guy in the xxx shirt" which even the EFL can't interpret as racist. Ridiculous yes, necessary, also yes.

Billyni
05-11-2019, 10:27 PM
Perhaps the lad is a cnut, regardless of what colour he is.

spaldy
06-11-2019, 12:15 AM
Can you imagine what an insufferable bore this clown will be when he's retired. Everyone unfortunate to be around him will be subjected to stories about he would have been the next suarez or kane except he was discriminated against and only made 10 million during his career.

asturianblanco
06-11-2019, 10:48 AM
if thats what hes said, this is rediculous.

Rev72
06-11-2019, 12:20 PM

Won't be long before calling someone 'ethnicity' will be classed as racist remark with this new snowflake generation of Footballers we have..no time for racism or racists but ffs.

Its gone silly now.

Rev72
06-11-2019, 12:20 PM
Perhaps the lad is a cnut, regardless of what colour he is.

Fair point XD

Jezleeds
06-11-2019, 01:03 PM
if thats what hes said, this is rediculous.

Until we know the allegation we can't judge, but it's good we're all in agreement that if it's racist he needs punishing.

george_kaplan
06-11-2019, 04:11 PM
I think we all are Jez. The undercurrent question here is.....if this is a BS allegation what punishment will be dished out to the player who is throwing the accusations about?......ie the dirtbags at the fa?

MrsORichSenior
06-11-2019, 04:12 PM
Until we know the allegation we can't judge, but it's good we're all in agreement that if it's racist he needs punishing.

Using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures also requires punishment too Jez.

LeedsFTW
06-11-2019, 04:50 PM

Having read the comments from all our contributors and soaking up the reported claims of what was actually said. I honestly feel that the powers that be would send a stronger/better message if they educated Kiko on what he got wrong.

My gut feeling is this was not a deliberate act of racism, with the intent of upsetting or belittling someone etc etc, I think it is more a case of an ignorance of the terms that cause offense.

I know ignorance is not an excuse, but I am sure we have all at one time or another said something, that caused offence because we didn't think it through properly?

Jezleeds
06-11-2019, 04:59 PM
Using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures also requires punishment too Jez.

Sorry, what's your point?

fredlufc74
06-11-2019, 05:54 PM
I was discussing this with a Bristol City pal of mine earlier.

If he did say what is reported "mark the black lad" then I don't see any real racial undertones in that comment.

If it is deemed racist then they should change the name of the event last month called Black History Month because it seems that society is also in the wrong using that word.

The problem is that society and individuals get upset and there can be a massive divide between them. What one person finds offensive another may not.

If he was racist or there was any undertone of racism whatsoever then yes ban him.

Edited as I thought it was this month but it runs in October.

Jezleeds
06-11-2019, 06:51 PM
I was discussing this with a Bristol City pal of mine earlier.

If he did say what is reported "mark the black lad" then I don't see any real racial undertones in that comment.

If it is deemed racist then they should change the name of the event last month called Black History Month because it seems that society is also in the wrong using that word.

The problem is that society and individuals get upset and there can be a massive divide between them. What one person finds offensive another may not.

If he was racist or there was any undertone of racism whatsoever then yes ban him.

Edited as I thought it was this month but it runs in October.

Obviously i want this not to be true as much as anyone, but there's a couple of things that stand out here as a problem -

1) if he said 'mark the black lad', in Spanish (EFL employed Spanish lip readers apparently because he was using Spanish), who was he talking to in the Leeds defence of White (not using that in a racist way BTW, in case anyone takes offence), Dallas, Cooper and Alioski. None of them have Spanish as a first language, as far as i know. If it was to Costa, who speaks Portuguese, i guess it could be because Costa might speak Spanish from his 6 months on loan at Deportivo La Coruna, but it would be an incredibly intelligent and quick-thinking step to be giving instructions to a player based on knowing he can understand your own language when everyone else speaks English. But even so....

2) if you were that intelligent and quick-thinking, would you label a player you want someone to mark by his racial derivation? - i note Fred's comments and fully understand the sentiment, but labelling someone to mark them out for attention specifically by their race from other people is very different from using 'black' to describe a positive month of celebration of history. I do think there's a problem with that, if maybenot one as bad as other types of comment that we've seen before. Someone said earlier that if it's that it should attract education and i think that's spot on. But hiding it in Spanish? Isn't that weird and a bit sinister?

What next? 'Mark the gay lad'? In Spanish?

Anyway, I don't want any of this to be true, and as i said before, until we know what the accusation is it's very hard to even judge, but it doesn't feel right to me, even at the level that's being suggested. Not 12 games wrong, but still not right.

Rev72
06-11-2019, 07:04 PM
IF he said 'mark the black lad' then the question everyone needs to ask is was that a racist remark/comment???

For me its a big fat f*cking NO..infact it stinks of someone wanting to cause trouble for Leeds United.

For now..we wait and see exactly what the crack is!

fredlufc74
06-11-2019, 07:45 PM
I agree with you Jez.

A word like that should be used in a positive context like it is with Black History Month and never used in a negative way. From what I have read online it seems that it was used not in a slanderous or insulting way more a neutral way.

And I think that is the point I was trying to make, that because it is used in a positive context within a month of celebration then people might think that as long as there is no insult or such that it is ok to use it in the general everyday sense.

I also agree that it seems a bit weird if he did say it in Spanish to non-Spanish speakers.

Billyni
06-11-2019, 09:06 PM
Im not getting all the fuss.
What if someone says 'mark the white lad'
Its the Charlton lad who needs educating about how to get the chip of his shoulder and grow up.

WTF11
06-11-2019, 09:59 PM
Ok, head in link mouth but since.when did I give a sh1t......it's not the role of the gk to guide the defence, that's the captai/coach responsibility. Casilla wasn't responsible for the management of the defensive line, and therefore wasn't required to make any comment to anyone other than his captain (maybe). And in any case if he's going to communicate DO IT IN ENGLISH!

alfinyalcabo
06-11-2019, 10:27 PM
Ok, head in link mouth but since.when did I give a sh1t......it's not the role of the gk to guide the defence, that's the captai/coach responsibility. Casilla wasn't responsible for the management of the defensive line, and therefore wasn't required to make any comment to anyone other than his captain (maybe). And in any case if he's going to communicate DO IT IN ENGLISH!

Hmmmm...Not sure I agree with that WTF.

MrsORichSenior
06-11-2019, 11:09 PM
Sorry, what's your point?

Some say ................... and I would say the Racial aggravated matter is no more or less serious to his alleged implied behaviour - both are serious and both deserve punishment if proven Jez.

Subjective refers to personal perspectives (feelings or opinions) entering the decision making process.
Objective refers to the elimination of subjective perspectives and a process that is purely based on hard facts.

A breach of Rule E3 (1) is an “Aggravated Breach” where it includes a reference, whether express or implied, to any one or more of the following :- ethnic origin, colour, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, gender reassignment, ***ual orientation or disability.

Rule E3 (1) relates to conduct and states:
“A Participant shall at all times act in the best interests of the game and shall not act in any manner which is improper or brings the game into disrepute or use any one, or a combination of, violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour”.
The wording of the above clause is extremely wide and whilst it does of course cover conduct on the pitch, it also covers conduct off the pitch.
Leeds have previous of this breach namely Cellinos son Ed's comments on Facbook I recall.
If a supporter of Leeds United or any club was charged with similar and found guilty they would receive a severe banning order.
I was objective in my opinion.
MOT

Ozwhites
07-11-2019, 05:53 AM
Hmmmm...Not sure I agree with that WTF.

Any team I played in, it was expected of the goalkeeper to marshall the defence, given the view he had. Coach would demand he was vocal in that regard.

Jezleeds
07-11-2019, 08:27 AM
Some say ................... and I would say the Racial aggravated matter is no more or less serious to his alleged implied behaviour - both are serious and both deserve punishment if proven Jez.

Subjective refers to personal perspectives (feelings or opinions) entering the decision making process.
Objective refers to the elimination of subjective perspectives and a process that is purely based on hard facts.

A breach of Rule E3 (1) is an “Aggravated Breach” where it includes a reference, whether express or implied, to any one or more of the following :- ethnic origin, colour, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, gender reassignment, ***ual orientation or disability.

Rule E3 (1) relates to conduct and states:
“A Participant shall at all times act in the best interests of the game and shall not act in any manner which is improper or brings the game into disrepute or use any one, or a combination of, violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour”.
The wording of the above clause is extremely wide and whilst it does of course cover conduct on the pitch, it also covers conduct off the pitch.
Leeds have previous of this breach namely Cellinos son Ed's comments on Facbook I recall.
If a supporter of Leeds United or any club was charged with similar and found guilty they would receive a severe banning order.
I was objective in my opinion.
MOT

Ah ok - i didn't realise you were agreeing with me.

Let's hope this gets dealt with quickly. If he does need to be banned, we need the two younger goalkeepers playing in the next few games with them looking more winnable perhaps than the later ones in a 12 game ban.

alfinyalcabo
07-11-2019, 10:28 AM
We can loan you a goalkeeper Jez.. ;)

alfinyalcabo
07-11-2019, 10:29 AM
Any team I played in, it was expected of the goalkeeper to marshall the defence, given the view he had. Coach would demand he was vocal in that regard.

Yep,same here Oz...but that was 50 years ago..lol

Ozwhites
07-11-2019, 10:52 AM
Yep,same here Oz...but that was 50 years ago..lol

Nothing has changed over time pal. Every game I watch in any league around the world, the keepers are playing traffic cops and yelling instructions to those in front of them.

Jezleeds
07-11-2019, 12:20 PM
Any of them do it in a foreign language? Maybe a clever if flawed smokescreen to avoid the opposition understanding.

Might explain the Derby debacle. 'Leave it coops i've got it covered. Doh I forgot you weren't Spanish.'

WTF11
07-11-2019, 01:07 PM
Any of them do it in a foreign language? Maybe a clever if flawed smokescreen to avoid the opposition understanding.

Might explain the Derby debacle. 'Leave it coops i've got it covered. Doh I forgot you weren't Spanish.'

😃😃😃

LeedsFTW
07-11-2019, 02:19 PM
Any of them do it in a foreign language? '

Freudian slip?

spaldy
07-11-2019, 03:28 PM
As a former keeper I can safely say that that I directed the defensive sets on all restarts and the captain listened to where I wanted the defense. Pretty much the same at any level of football.

If you ever want to see this in action watch what happens when a defense or player does not listen to their keeper. it's generally not a pretty scene from both a verbal as well as results standpoint. They generally are not "soft spoken".

This whole episode smacks of a average, at best player, trying to get his moment of fame. Not his first time and likely won't be the last. This clown has to be a cancer in the locker room.

Jezleeds
07-11-2019, 07:32 PM
Freudian slip?

Lol.

I'm pretty sure i'll never get over that moment.

Ozwhites
07-11-2019, 07:53 PM

Very flawed. How could he be certain that none of the opposition players understood Spanish??? With the amount of international and well travelled players in these comps these days, it could be just as big a risk as saying it in English!

Jezleeds
07-11-2019, 08:09 PM
Very flawed. How could he be certain that none of the opposition players understood Spanish??? With the amount of international and well travelled players in these comps these days, it could be just as big a risk as saying it in English!

Maybe Blanco can help here - i only did A level Spanish so don't know all the inappropriate words - but isn't 'negro' in Spanish both 'black' and 'n....er'?

Food for thought.

Ozwhites
07-11-2019, 08:36 PM
Certainly not suggesting guilty or innocent...but just not sure how he thought a different language these days would mask any intention. Too much scrutiny now. Hopefully he has given a good explanation at the enquiry.

hopelesslyoptimistic
07-11-2019, 09:09 PM
What he said will come out soon enough - if he has said something wholly inappropriate then as Jez and MrsO have said he should rightly get the proverbial book thrown at him. If not he should be fully cleared.

denver11
08-11-2019, 07:36 AM
Except it's Leeds United and the EFL so things aren't that straightforward.

asturianblanco
08-11-2019, 07:45 AM
yes, "negro" in spanish doesnt carry a racist meaning, mind you they are not over the top with pedantic political correctness in Spain either....

fredlufc74
08-11-2019, 06:45 PM
Anyone listened to The Square Ball podcast?

The "mark the black lad" rumour came from Waccoe. Apparently, there was a debate on there about what was said and someone asked what IF he said "mark the black lad". So he might have said something entirely different.

hopelesslyoptimistic
08-11-2019, 06:46 PM
Breaking news - not looking good apparently Kiko on hearing why Ian Austin left the Labour Party immediately signed up ...:D

whitestomper45
09-11-2019, 03:19 AM
Anyone listened to The Square Ball podcast?

The "mark the black lad" rumour came from Waccoe. Apparently, there was a debate on there about what was said and someone asked what IF he said "mark the black lad". So he might have said something entirely different.
Who cares, lets have him guilty until proven, lot of fannying about nothing much, but lets all play the pc card on here for show

asturianblanco
09-11-2019, 08:03 AM
:star::star::star:

fredlufc74
09-11-2019, 01:45 PM
Who cares, lets have him guilty until proven, lot of fannying about nothing much, but lets all play the pc card on here for show

Easy springs, check safety.

Just passing on information I found out.

Not sure if this is a knock at me or not as it is my post you quoted. But there are too many slagging matches on here and I don't want to see another thread derailed by bickering over a miscommunication.

Rev72
09-11-2019, 02:41 PM
Seems the club aren't too impressed with the way the FA are handling the situation..to brand someone a 'racist' and stain a mans reputation you have to be 100% certain that there has been a racist comment in the first place.

denver11
09-11-2019, 02:53 PM
Its about time Leeds United stood up to the EFL. They've let them away with too much.

alfinyalcabo
09-11-2019, 07:58 PM
Its about time The EFL stood up to Leeds Utd. They've let them get away with too much.

Spot on Denver ..;)

Jezleeds
09-11-2019, 10:00 PM
Spot on Denver .. and i fully acknowledge that Burnley are not fit to lace Leeds United's boots?;)

Agreed Alf....>;)

Rev72
11-11-2019, 12:24 PM
How long will the corrupt b@stards at the FA/EFL drag this on for???

alfinyalcabo
21-11-2019, 05:24 PM
How long will the corrupt b@stards at the FA/EFL drag this on for???

You are right Rev,according to this they don't have to prove it..Just need to say it's highly probable he said it.. Phook me..

"As a club we fully support such a serious allegation being subject to full investigation and a disciplinary process. Our only concern is that the standard of proof for an FA hearing is not 'beyond all reasonable doubt' but 'on the balance of probability.' We believe that in cases of this seriousness the higher standard of proof is more appropriate. This is not because we fear a sporting sanction, but because a man's reputation is at stake."