PDA

View Full Version : Buying tickets online

slack_pie
10-11-2019, 07:55 AM
Hi all,

The Barrow game will be my first since the Coventry playoff debacle. I just looked at buying a ticket online, but it said something about needing a customer number (or maybe membership number). This comes after I've chosen the seat but before I get to the payment options. I've already logged in using my email and password, so this number, whatever it is, is new to me. Any ideas how/where you get it, or why?

Why does everything have to be so complicated? Or perhaps I should ask, why do I have to be so retarded?

Slack

Scanlon's Hatrick
10-11-2019, 08:15 AM
Just call the ticket office and collect before the game.
I always do this with no issues.

LaxtonLad
10-11-2019, 08:45 AM

...if you don't mind queuing 20 or 30 minutes, in November/December in the rain, or January/February in the snow and ice.

The ticket office will be able to help with your membership number.

slack_pie
10-11-2019, 08:50 AM
I always do this with no issues.

I'm out of the country, so it's not ideal calling them. But if that's the only option... Again, why can't it be easier?

ncfcog
10-11-2019, 08:57 AM
I'm out of the country, so it's not ideal calling them. But if that's the only option... Again, why can't it be easier?

I just checked and if you don’t already have a membership number you will need to contact the ticket office. I’m assuming you could do this by email rather than having to phone in?

Email: ticketoffice@nottscountyfc.co.uk

slack_pie
10-11-2019, 09:14 AM
I just checked and if you don’t already have a membership number you will need to contact the ticket office. I’m assuming you could do this by email rather than having to phone in?

Email: ticketoffice@nottscountyfc.co.uk

Ooh thanks for this. I'll give it a try.

arnapie
10-11-2019, 09:18 AM
If it's your first time buying one since the new system was introduced you won't have a customer number. As above, contact by phone / e-mail and collect from Ticket Collection Point, next to Executive Box entrance, no need to queue at the Ticket windows.

edit; or ask someone to get one and meet them in the pub.

skandark
10-11-2019, 09:51 AM
Ooh thanks for this. I'll give it a try.

Let me know how that goes slack, I may follow suit for the boreham match. :)

Scanlon's Hatrick
10-11-2019, 12:52 PM
...if you don't mind queuing 20 or 30 minutes, in November/December in the rain, or January/February in the snow and ice.

The ticket office will be able to help with your membership number.

Not sure which queue you are in Laxton, never waited more than 5.

Old_pie
10-11-2019, 01:11 PM
If it's your first time buying one since the new system was introduced you won't have a customer number. As above, contact by phone / e-mail and collect from Ticket Collection Point, next to Executive Box entrance, no need to queue at the Ticket windows.

edit; or ask someone to get one and meet them in the pub.

And as asked - why does it have to be so difficult? I can buy cinema, concert, airline tickets, book hotels, buy expensive stuff on-line without any of the hassle of physically having to go nearer than my computer keyboard. Why doesn't the system simply offer an on-line registration, issue a customer number and allow the supporter to then buy a ticket?

ncfcog
10-11-2019, 01:20 PM
And as asked - why does it have to be so difficult? I can buy cinema, concert, airline tickets, book hotels, buy expensive stuff on-line without any of the hassle of physically having to go nearer than my computer keyboard. Why doesn't the system simply offer an on-line registration, issue a customer number and allow the supporter to then buy a ticket?

I think if you register as a new user you will be issued with a membership number. If you are already registered with the old system it will recognise you and allow you to sign in but you still need to contact them to get your membership upgraded. In Slackpies case I think I would just re-register and be done with it, no need to contact the ticket office then.

Old_pie
10-11-2019, 01:26 PM
I think if you register as a new user you will be issued with a membership number. If you are already registered with the old system it will recognise you and allow you to sign in but you still need to contact them to get your membership upgraded. In Slackpies case I think I would just re-register and be done with it, no need to contact the ticket office then.

It still means that somebody at the other end is getting paid to design stuff into a system that is neither well explained or implemented. There's loads of systems out there that have work-arounds that just should not be necessary. Script-kiddies is what I call them.

60YearsAPie
10-11-2019, 01:33 PM
I've checked back to when I signed up with the new system. When you first go on the site, you get an option to register. Fill in the necessary and when completed Ticketmaster email a Registration Confirmation which contains your customer identifier number.

I certainly had no problem signing up.

ncfcog
10-11-2019, 01:37 PM
It still means that somebody at the other end is getting paid to design stuff into a system that is neither well explained or implemented. There's loads of systems out there that have work-arounds that just should not be necessary. Script-kiddies is what I call them.

To be honest you’ll probably find that Ticketmaster had to make the changes after the new GDPR regs came in. But yes I do get your point.

On a side note I went to see Al Murray a couple of weeks ago and he engaged with several members of the audiences asking them their name and what they do for a living. It was interesting to see how the working environment has changed since I started work Some 37 years ago. In those days we were either miners, printers, engineers or some kind of civil servant. Now, nearly everyone he asked “worked” in IT!

”Script-kiddies” is probably quite apt!

slack_pie
11-11-2019, 10:50 AM
Let me know how that goes slack, I may follow suit for the boreham match. :)

FYI, I contacted the ticket office via that email address and requested a new membership number, which worked no problems. I have a ticket. Can't wait to be back at the Lane for the first time in 18 months!