PDA

View Full Version : Hiya folks....

t_bird7982
24-11-2019, 07:26 AM
Hello there.... it feels like an eternity since I was last on here and yes, I am still alive :D .... the year has flown by & I've been dealing with this & that.... how's everyone been - all behaving & treating each other nicely XD XD

george_kaplan
24-11-2019, 07:42 AM
Hello there.... it feels like an eternity since I was last on here and yes, I am still alive :D .... the year has flown by & I've been dealing with this & that.... how's everyone been - all behaving & treating each other nicely XD XD

Man that’s great to hear from you mate :star:

Hope things are going okay and not too rough?

Cheers mate...MOT

t_bird7982
24-11-2019, 07:59 AM
Man that’s great to hear from you mate :star:

Hope things are going okay and not too rough?

Cheers mate...MOT

Hiya mate..... good to see some names are still floating around ;D

I've done the usual chemo & radiation sessions etc etc... time is ticking by but it appears that I might outlive the 12 month life expectancy I was given at the beginning of the year.... it has unfortunately spread & there is no cure for this type of cancer (mesothelioma) & death is the only outcome & it's not "if", it's "when". The year's been hectic but I still managed to get to Perth & Sydney with my sons for their "once-in-their-life" trip to see their old man's beloved Leeds live albeit pre-season games..... it was well worth dying for, literally XD The year's flown & I've been spending time with my sons, grandchildren, family and close friends & of course hoping Bamford will start putting them away for fun before I bugger off XD . I thought I'd come back on here & see what's happening

Ozwhites
24-11-2019, 08:09 AM

I've done the usual chemo & radiation sessions etc etc... time is ticking by but it appears that I might outlive the 12 month life expectancy I was given at the beginning of the year.... it has unfortunately spread & there is no cure for this type of cancer (mesothelioma) & death is the only outcome & it's not "if", it's "when". The year's been hectic but I still managed to get to Perth & Sydney with my sons for their "once-in-their-life" trip to see their old man's beloved Leeds live albeit pre-season games..... it was well worth dying for, literally XD The year's flown & I've been spending time with my sons, grandchildren, family and close friends & of course hoping Bamford will start putting them away for fun before I bugger off XD . I thought I'd come back on here & see what's happening

Always nice to get a kick out of a Leeds win...but this has just made my weekend! ;) Good on you buddy. Great to see you are battling strongly, and still enjoy the Leeds performances. Thoughts are with you, and stay in touch with everyone here.
Feck that is great to hear from you mate!.....

george_kaplan
24-11-2019, 08:18 AM
Every single one of us on here and the few who ‘drop’ by will be chuffed to bits mate with your thread and response, like Oz has said its great for our win but to hear from you mate blows me away. Cheers T bird.

t_bird7982
24-11-2019, 08:27 AM
Always nice to get a kick out of a Leeds win...but this has just made my weekend! ;) Good on you buddy. Great to see you are battling strongly, and still enjoy the Leeds performances. Thoughts are with you, and stay in touch with everyone here.
Feck that is great to hear from you mate!.....

Cheers.... I sometimes think Leeds are trying to kill me off with a bloody heart attack with some of their "squeaky bum" games (like today's game against Luton) before the cancer does :D :D

t_bird7982
24-11-2019, 08:29 AM
Every single one of us on here and the few who ‘drop’ by will be chuffed to bits mate with your thread and response, like Oz has said its great for our win but to hear from you mate blows me away. Cheers T bird.

Cheers.... trust me when I say "It's good to be alive!!"

alfinyalcabo
24-11-2019, 10:12 AM
Great to hear from you,it's been far too long.. Sincerely hope For you than Dirty Leeds get promoted this season mate.. Hang in there and take care Alf..

norfolk white
24-11-2019, 10:13 AM
Not had any correspondence with you personally as I've only been on here a couple of seasons, but God I admire your bravery and positivity, battle on mate and I pray that Leeds make the premiership if for anyone's sake ...yours!...mot!

whitestomper45
24-11-2019, 10:56 AM
Nice on T-Bird.....

Billyni
24-11-2019, 11:12 AM
Great to hear from you lad. Keep yer pecker up.

Rev72
24-11-2019, 11:21 AM
Really great to hear from you T_Bird B)

Keep fighting mate :heart:

MOT

WTF11
24-11-2019, 11:27 AM

Hiya t_bird, great to see you posting again, and to see that you're aiming to "beat the docs" with their prognosis, well done!

MrsORichSenior
24-11-2019, 11:53 AM
Great to hear from you.
Love your positivity too - funny thing was last month I got our truck stuck on our local beach and yep it was time for the shovel,traction mat and strategic placement of drift wood to eventually ease 'her' out of the wet sand.
Graft or what .............. but during that scenario I though about you and the picture you posted on 'ere about your off- roading exploits.

My graft,pain,worry paled into insignificance that day mate - you are a true inspiration in many ways. :o
Love & respect to your and your family.
Gill Xx

pete1967b
24-11-2019, 12:58 PM
Massive respect pal.

Tichi1
24-11-2019, 02:37 PM
Keep Posting mate - always great to hear from someone with your positivity
Respect.

wortleygirl
24-11-2019, 10:17 PM
Fantastic to hear from you Sweetie. :heart:

You must keep popping in to let us all know you're doing ok.

Believe it or not we have missed you and yes I think you're right about Leeds trying to give us all heart attacks. XD

Keep fighting and remember we are all with you MOT

BelfastAndy
24-11-2019, 10:36 PM
Hi t_bird. Great to hear from you. Received message, thank you! Best wishes and regards. Andy.

t_bird7982
24-11-2019, 11:29 PM
Thanks for all your comments & support - really appreciate it & it's nice to see the same old names popping up :D There're hopefully a few more months of living to do & I intend to make the most of it. Now, if only Bamford and Leeds could do their bit & make it less stressful for me in the upcoming months, I'd really appreciate it :D :D

CalverleyBoy
25-11-2019, 01:25 PM
Brilliant news you have cheered up a depressing miserable Monday morning for me. I would have replied earlier but I had a search team to stand down, they wont be getting paid as they didn't find you. Bamford even scored on Saturday he must have had early notice of your post.

hopelesslyoptimistic
26-11-2019, 03:49 PM
great to see you post on here again and all the very best for the months ahead.

Orgoner
26-11-2019, 03:52 PM

Awesome! Welcome back!