PDA

View Full Version : Graham Fenton

mickd1961
27-11-2019, 06:07 PM
Our ex Villa loanee was part of the management team for South Shields at Stourbridge last night.

I loved him in an Albion shirt in the 90’s,a big mistake he made in sticking with Villa as his career ended up going nowhere.

He really was a good fit for Albion as was Liverpool loanee John Durnin in the late 80’s.

As I said in another thread......players and managers often fail to realise when they’ve arrived at the club which is the best fit for them as an individual.

Dubbag
27-11-2019, 09:08 PM
As I said in another thread......players and managers often fail to realise when they’ve arrived at the club which is the best fit for them as an individual.
As has been said many times in the past...you don't realize what you had till its gone......Some are astute though....in the past many were...but even players Like Steven Gerrard of Liverpool and Alex Ferguson at least knew...and so didn't waste precious tiem wondering about other clubs.....ah loyalty...where have you gone...

BaggieBlood
28-11-2019, 02:13 AM
As has been said many times in the past...you don't realize what you had till its gone......Some are astute though....in the past many were...but even players Like Steven Gerrard of Liverpool and Alex Ferguson at least knew...and so didn't waste precious tiem wondering about other clubs.....ah loyalty...where have you gone...

You really have admire Gerrard's loyalty when he virtually signed for Chelsea until Liverpool agreed to match the wages they had offered him.

Still wish we' d played slip, sliding away when that p Rick came to our ground for last time.