PDA

View Full Version : Leeds United - v - Middlesborough ***Matchday Thread***

BelfastAndy
29-11-2019, 09:05 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/75ck0yGy/maxresdefault.jpg (https://postimg.cc/75ck0yGy)

Travelling over in morning. Still ticketless ffs.

Helder Costa could return to Leeds United's starting line-up for the visit of Middlesbrough after Tyler Roberts was sidelined with a hamstring problem.

Costa came off the bench to replace the injured Roberts in Tuesday's 1-0 victory at Reading which extended Leeds' unbeaten run to seven games.

Boro will be without Anfernee Dijksteel (knee), while Britt Assombalonga and Paddy McNair are doubts.

George Saville returns from suspension, but Marvin Johnson is still banned.

The match will see former Leeds defender Jonathan Woodgate return to Elland Road as a manager for the first time.

His Boro side are 18 places and 20 points adrift of Marcelo Bielsa's high-flying Whites after 18 games.

Match facts:

Leeds United are unbeaten in their past six league meetings with Middlesbrough at Elland Road (W4 D2), since a 1-0 reverse in August 2011.

Middlesbrough have lost just once in their past six matches against Leeds United (W2 D3 L1), losing at Elland Road in November 2017.

Leeds have won 37 points from their 18 Championship games this season, their highest points tally at this stage of a campaign in the top two tiers of English Football since 1999/00 (41 points), whilst in the Premier League.

Middlesbrough are winless in their past eight away league games (D4 L4), last going longer without a victory on the road between August 2016 and August 2017 (a run of 20), across spells in the Championship and Premier League.

Leeds have made the fewest changes to their starting XI's in the Championship this season (12), half the number of next placed side Brentford (24).

Middlesbrough have the lowest shot conversion rate in the Championship this season (7.24%), netting just 16 of their 221 attempts on goal.

2 - 0.

MOT.

No links from me tomorrow boys and girls.

CalverleyBoy
30-11-2019, 09:54 AM
No link eh - I was so looking forward to watching the first 40 minutes ;-)

BelfastAndy
30-11-2019, 10:51 AM
No link eh - I was so looking forward to watching the first 40 minutes ;-)

Lol...

WTF11
30-11-2019, 12:14 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/75ck0yGy/maxresdefault.jpg (https://postimg.cc/75ck0yGy)

Travelling over in morning. Still ticketless ffs.

Helder Costa could return to Leeds United's starting line-up for the visit of Middlesbrough after Tyler Roberts was sidelined with a hamstring problem.

Costa came off the bench to replace the injured Roberts in Tuesday's 1-0 victory at Reading which extended Leeds' unbeaten run to seven games.

Boro will be without Anfernee Dijksteel (knee), while Britt Assombalonga and Paddy McNair are doubts.

George Saville returns from suspension, but Marvin Johnson is still banned.

The match will see former Leeds defender Jonathan Woodgate return to Elland Road as a manager for the first time.

His Boro side are 18 places and 20 points adrift of Marcelo Bielsa's high-flying Whites after 18 games.

Match facts:

Leeds United are unbeaten in their past six league meetings with Middlesbrough at Elland Road (W4 D2), since a 1-0 reverse in August 2011.

Middlesbrough have lost just once in their past six matches against Leeds United (W2 D3 L1), losing at Elland Road in November 2017.

Leeds have won 37 points from their 18 Championship games this season, their highest points tally at this stage of a campaign in the top two tiers of English Football since 1999/00 (41 points), whilst in the Premier League.

Middlesbrough are winless in their past eight away league games (D4 L4), last going longer without a victory on the road between August 2016 and August 2017 (a run of 20), across spells in the Championship and Premier League.

Leeds have made the fewest changes to their starting XI's in the Championship this season (12), half the number of next placed side Brentford (24).

Middlesbrough have the lowest shot conversion rate in the Championship this season (7.24%), netting just 16 of their 221 attempts on goal.

2 - 0.

MOT.

No links from me tomorrow boys and girls.

You're allowed one or two breaks in the season (unless of course Mrs O and the link police have been at your door?);D

Rev72
30-11-2019, 12:25 PM
A win please Leeds..can't see the baggies dropping too many points this side of christmas.

We gotta keep this pressure on!!!!!!!

MOT

Tichi1
30-11-2019, 03:04 PM
A win please Leeds..can't see the baggies dropping too many points this side of christmas.

We gotta keep this pressure on!!!!!!!

MOT

.....And Fulham sneaking up on the ropes....

ColombianWhite
30-11-2019, 03:07 PM
.....And Fulham sneaking up on the ropes....

Bamford Get In
MOT

Tichi1
30-11-2019, 03:08 PM
Feck me!

3 minutes!!

CromerWhite
30-11-2019, 03:09 PM
Not a bad start

WTF11
30-11-2019, 03:12 PM
Jesus Christ! More please!!

Tichi1
30-11-2019, 03:34 PM
quitest I've ever seen it on here on match day...where is everyone?
Watching a donation site - irritating or what!

A certain poster would be appalled at me watching on a stream when I live in Leeds - but today I am in Liverpool for a birthday weekend - In Rubber soul at the moment - nice beer and atmosphere!

Tichi1
30-11-2019, 03:39 PM
Not much happening, but as usual will be happier if we can get two up - they have had a couple of sniffs...
Looking at Bristol City and Brentford scoring for fun again....

What we would be like if we had Mitrovich ....

Tichi1
30-11-2019, 03:40 PM
Philips a bit off again today - lucky to just get a yellow earlier - if we had been away I think it may well have been a straight red.

Tichi1
30-11-2019, 03:43 PM
Ayala just got away with an elbow in Bamford's face!

Brentford and Bristol both scored 4 already!
And they've just flattened him again! Get a grip ref

Tichi1
30-11-2019, 04:04 PM
Two nil yipeee

Just me today then LOL!

Tichi1
30-11-2019, 04:05 PM
Everyone else Christmas shopping or at the match then........

george_kaplan
30-11-2019, 04:08 PM
Everyone else Christmas shopping or at the match then........

I’m up the mountains in Switzerland fffffffferkin freezin’

Warming up with this score line tho :)

If it’s your birthday mate....cheers!

CromerWhite
30-11-2019, 04:11 PM
Holy shtei

CromerWhite
30-11-2019, 04:31 PM
And again, holy shtei

WTF11
30-11-2019, 04:31 PM
And THIS week there's no link!😣😣😣

WTF11
30-11-2019, 04:36 PM
OMG and another!

CromerWhite
30-11-2019, 04:38 PM
4 now. Klich again.

Sorry wtf but I can't get the link to work for BBC Leeds radio

CalverleyBoy
30-11-2019, 04:39 PM
Two nil yipeee

Just me today then LOL!

Just in - lots of goals all over today - I wish I was up a mountain, just been helping a mate move - 'me have you sorted the drawers' referring to a double wide bedroom set of drawers - 'yeah' closer examination he's tape them up with everything in - double hernia time. Now relax and there's number four

LeedsFTW
30-11-2019, 04:39 PM
Quick, £10 on Woodgate to get sacked in the morning, before the odds shorten even further :)

CromerWhite
30-11-2019, 04:40 PM
4 now. Klich again.

Via Facebook

Tichi1
30-11-2019, 04:41 PM
Should help the GD?
Hard to say how well we've played - these lot are gash.

CalverleyBoy
30-11-2019, 04:43 PM
How annoying Brentford can put six past Luton

Tichi1
30-11-2019, 04:50 PM

CalverleyBoy
30-11-2019, 04:57 PM
Forest losing is a good result for us with their game in hand.

OldWhiteTaff
30-11-2019, 05:11 PM
That's the sort of Saturday afternoon I like :-) After the first goal there was a period when we were a bit sloppy, passes going astray, challenges being mis-timed, and I was a little worried that even against this lot we might make a mountain out of a mole hill. But once Klich's goal went in it was a nice stress free, 'sit back and enjoy' watch. And the other thing I've noticed, for the last few games the ball's actually been running for us, deflections helping us rather than the opposition, which is a very welcome change.

Long long way to go of course, and both WBA and Fulham looking strong, so unfortunately, assuming we can stick at it, it's going to be another three horse race. But five wins in a row, couldn't ask for more.

Jezleeds
30-11-2019, 05:31 PM
Really good performance today - we looked at it from the first minute, and i saw the return of the harrying and pressing we used to see last year at this time, making the opposition uncomfortable and dispossessing them a lot, with 2 on 1 meaning they were crowded out and we got possession back in good areas.

Everyone played well. I've noticed Casilla has been a lot more conservative in his play in the last month or so - hopefully he's been told. I still worry that when we're under real pressure from the top clubs, he'll flap around again. He played well today in terms of his distribution and decision-making, so that was positive too.

I think Pablo is coming back to full fitness and really ran the show today. Brilliant at times.

Great to see Eddie back, and Costa scoring, plus Bamford, even though he missed a couple of other good chances, including just before he scored.

All in all a great Saturday afternoon, and hopefully WBA and Preston play out a draw on Monday, or Preston get a result.

WTF11
30-11-2019, 05:44 PM
4 now. Klich again.

Np Corner, just happy were putting them in!

WTF11
30-11-2019, 05:45 PM
"Cromer"!

WTF11
30-11-2019, 07:20 PM
Pleasing comments from Woodgate following the match, might not help save him at Boro but maybe he does deserve a chance?

norfolk white
30-11-2019, 09:00 PM
Nice to see us putting our chances away at last, 4-0 a brilliant score, well done all.

norfolk white
30-11-2019, 09:08 PM
And it looked like klich's goal came straight off the training ground....from a corner as well!!

pete1967b
01-12-2019, 12:26 AM
Pretty much sums this forum up from certain posters, best win of the season and fewest posts,

Make no mistake this was a brilliant performance, intense pressing lots of quality, and goals which we have all been crying out for, it could easily have been 8-0, i will take 4 against what was pre-season candidates to be up there.

So WBA are strong, Fulham are strong, know what, so are LEEDS UTD, MOT.

WTF11
01-12-2019, 11:54 AM
Pretty much sums this forum up from certain posters, best win of the season and fewest posts,

Make no mistake this was a brilliant performance, intense pressing lots of quality, and goals which we have all been crying out for, it could easily have been 8-0, i will take 4 against what was pre-season candidates to be up there.

So WBA are strong, Fulham are strong, know what, so are LEEDS UTD, MOT.

Maybe it's down to many being gobsmacked and "out of it" that we put 4 away? Anyway, good for the goal difference, class from Klich with the fourth, nice to see Bamford on the sheet again (even if he did have to wait for an hour for the ball to come own, and wasn't challenged!;D), and Costa getting on the score sheet.

Also nice to hear some of the comments from pundits on the EFL show and those from Woodgate.

BelfastAndy
01-12-2019, 09:21 PM
Andy brought the luck to Elland Road.......

UbiqueLUFC33
01-12-2019, 09:53 PM
It has been a long time coming but finally we get a scoreline that reflects our possession and chances created. They were poor and I felt sorry for Howson and even a little for Woodgate. Hopefully Eddie will get more game time now and stay with us beyond January. Fingers crossed that Preston can turn over West Brom tomorrow (unlikely) and maybe even a couple of injuries and red cards. Wishful thinking?probably but if we can put 4 goals away and Klich can curl one into the top corner then anything's possible.

Tichi1
02-12-2019, 01:57 PM
[QUOTE=pete1967b;39373573]Pretty much sums this forum up from certain posters, best win of the season and fewest posts,

/QUOTE]

Bang on Pierre....and about half of those posts are down to moi! ;DXD

Billyni
02-12-2019, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE=pete1967b;39373573]Pretty much sums this forum up from certain posters, best win of the season and fewest posts,

/QUOTE]

Bang on Pierre....and about half of those posts are down to moi! ;DXD

On a bit of a stag weekend and not really bothered about posting on here. There is a life beyond this forum you know.
And if we were going to get a result like that every week id happily refrain from posting.
Couldnt do a stag every weekend though. Wrecked :O

Ozwhites
03-12-2019, 05:45 AM
Andy, did you end up getting into the match? :O Hope so, given the result.

Rev72
03-12-2019, 01:13 PM
Would have loved to been able to contribute on the match thread pete but life has taken me away from this forum on Saturdays..but like billy says I will be absolutely delighted to stay away if it means we keep winning football matches.

Jezleeds
03-12-2019, 03:31 PM
Would have loved to been able to contribute on the match thread pete but life has taken me away from this forum on Saturdays..but like billy says I will be absolutely delighted to stay away if it means we keep winning football matches.

Lol now we're in the realms of apologising for NOT posting on the forum.

Rev, what could possibly be more important than writing on this forum? This forum is a life sentence, didn't you know?

asturianblanco
03-12-2019, 05:32 PM
was working in austria last 2 weeks if we are in the business of explaining our absences ;D

WTF11
03-12-2019, 07:22 PM
was working in austria last 2 weeks if we are in the business of explaining our absences ;D

Oooooh, aren't we the jet setter😉

WTF11
03-12-2019, 07:23 PM

They don't have internet in Austria, shurely shome mishtake?

CromerWhite
03-12-2019, 08:19 PM
Black ops..........or possibly on the piss and forget to post anything or do anything

Jezleeds
03-12-2019, 09:57 PM
I couldn't post because i was standing on a public footpath in Hull with a pair of wire cutters.

WTF11
03-12-2019, 10:31 PM
😂😂😂