PDA

View Full Version : Joe Hart.... heard a few mumbling stories

Rich2462
05-12-2019, 10:52 AM
Please don’t shoot the messenger but only post what I’ve heard...... but we’ve been considering him as a possible signing!

Nothing set in concrete as of yet but a possible avenue we are looking at!

MadAmster
05-12-2019, 12:35 PM
Better than what we have any road up.

ramAnag
05-12-2019, 01:29 PM
That’d be nice. Maybe he’ll be a late Christmas present to us from Henry Gabay...or maybe part of a deal that sees Bogle going in the opposite direction.

AdiSalisbury
05-12-2019, 03:13 PM
Yes please

Geoff Parkstone
05-12-2019, 05:41 PM
Not keen on the idea of a private equity company becoming involved. The pounds of flesh they usually demand, and the short termism characterised by their modus operandi, do not make me fell happy. Its a bit like having a hedge fund investing in you - ask Coventry.

Of course he may be investing in a personal capacity, but not sure he has enough dosh to make a difference - eg £ 1/2 billion

Geoff Parkstone
05-12-2019, 05:45 PM
mind you a nice pint of Balageru Light wouldn't go amiss

Trickytreesreds
05-12-2019, 06:17 PM
I'd hold your horses just yet.
The gas has just gone up on Sheff Weds. Derby are still in the firing line.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-citys-championship-rivals-sheffield-3609456

AdiSalisbury
05-12-2019, 06:48 PM
Not keen on the idea of a private equity company becoming involved. The pounds of flesh they usually demand, and the short termism characterised by their modus operandi, do not make me fell happy. Its a bit like having a hedge fund investing in you - ask Coventry.

Of course he may be investing in a personal capacity, but not sure he has enough dosh to make a difference - eg £ 1/2 billion

Maybe Hart will dip into his pocket?

ramAnag
05-12-2019, 10:17 PM

He already seems to be involved Geoff.
This will make more sense to you than me, but apparently, according to the DT, he controls two new companies - Rams Investment Ltd and Rams Sports Management Ltd - who have been posted on Companies House in recent weeks. He’s named as a director of the latter.

MadAmster
05-12-2019, 10:54 PM

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-citys-championship-rivals-sheffield-3609456

Looks like, as with DCFC, that the Owls kept the EFL 100% in the loop and got the green light for the deal. It would seem that both clubs are in possession of the relevant communications from the EFL. The EFL hasn't got a leg to stand on...... but that probably won't stop them trying to hop all over both clubs......

Geoff Parkstone
05-12-2019, 11:36 PM
Amit Haria, who is, Duet's CFO is sole director of RIL, formed in October. Duet and Gabay are PSCs thereof.

Gabay is director of RSML, incorporated in November. Duet and he are PSCs.

So yes he has formed two companies with leading names. That's all. I could do that tomorrow.

ramAnag
08-12-2019, 10:11 PM
Except that you aren’t linked with investing in DCFC and aren’t the co-founder of Duet...well not as far as I know anyway.

Rich2462
19-04-2020, 09:37 AM
Seems to be gaining momentum again......

ramAnag
19-04-2020, 02:39 PM

Well done, Rich...on resurrecting an actual football thread!

I saw that too. Hope it happens. Certainly seems to have more credibility than this £13m striker the DT repeatedly links us with...as if!

Hope it’s got more truth in it than the Rooney to Newcastle rumour too.

AdiSalisbury
19-04-2020, 03:04 PM

Quality, it would be an immense signing, I might just drop my cheap Asda rubbish and buy Head & Shoulders again!

ramAnag
19-04-2020, 04:29 PM
Quality, it would be an immense signing, I might just drop my cheap Asda rubbish and buy Head & Shoulders again!

I wouldn’t...Joe seems to have been using ‘Wash and Go’. ;D

Ram59
19-04-2020, 05:06 PM
The trouble is that Hart was dropped for his lack of skill with the ball at his feet, which is how Cocu likes to play it.

I'm not sure there's much mileage in this.

Rich2462
31-07-2020, 10:59 AM
Seems like it’s still making the tabloids..... his wages would be a massive concern though!

Geoff Parkstone
31-07-2020, 11:29 AM
AAch, just sell Moor Farm to another one of Mel's companies to raise the cash

swaledale
31-07-2020, 08:15 PM
On paper he should be miles better than what we have BUT, what ha she done over the past few seasons? Zilch, diddly squat, was even a failure in italy, so for me IF its true a very pricey risky signing that will have fans excited over a "name" without perhaps looking at his from in recent years.

I for one can't see how we'd pay his wages even at a lot less than he is currently on, unless we have a deal with a shampoo company to pay half and I'd rather have a good up and coming keeper with recent good form than a has been ex prem player who by all accounts is way past his best.

MadAmster
01-08-2020, 07:09 AM

You slink off after failing to make the playoffs. Ehen you return you revert to type and attempt to justify a dig by quoting an online article. ONE THAT JUST HAPPENS TO BE NINE MONTHS OLD!!

When will you realise that you have no credibility on here and that more and more are starting to see through you?

Wendy got a 12 point deduction for putting the proceeds of the sale into the accounts of the year prior. Derby did not do that. I don't see us having a problem on that score.

Then there is the amortisation issue. If there really is a problem then the EFL will tell DCFC to change the method used. With regard to the charge laid, the EFL signed off on the method in the 15/16 accounts and again in 16/17. Then, all of a sudden, without any rule changes and without them informing Derby that there was an issue, hey presto, here's a charge. They cannot do that. Looking forward, we will have used the same method in 18/19 and in 19/20. Will we have to rejig the accounts or will the EFL accept they blundered and tell Derby to change the system for 20/21 which would mean some player amortisation (book value write off) will have to be brought forward making te showing of a profit this coming season pretty damned difficult.

Please refrain from your constant mischief making or simply close the door behind you.

swaledale
01-08-2020, 01:49 PM
You slink off after failing to make the playoffs. Ehen you return you revert to type and attempt to justify a dig by quoting an online article. ONE THAT JUST HAPPENS TO BE NINE MONTHS OLD!!

When will you realise that you have no credibility on here and that more and more are starting to see through you?

Wendy got a 12 point deduction for putting the proceeds of the sale into the accounts of the year prior. Derby did not do that. I don't see us having a problem on that score.

Then there is the amortisation issue. If there really is a problem then the EFL will tell DCFC to change the method used. With regard to the charge laid, the EFL signed off on the method in the 15/16 accounts and again in 16/17. Then, all of a sudden, without any rule changes and without them informing Derby that there was an issue, hey presto, here's a charge. They cannot do that. Looking forward, we will have used the same method in 18/19 and in 19/20. Will we have to rejig the accounts or will the EFL accept they blundered and tell Derby to change the system for 20/21 which would mean some player amortisation (book value write off) will have to be brought forward making te showing of a profit this coming season pretty damned difficult.

Please refrain from your constant mischief making or simply close the door behind you.

What else has he got to do?

MadAmster
02-08-2020, 12:32 PM
What else has he got to do?

;)

StensonRam
02-08-2020, 02:11 PM
Other than cancel the hotel.......

swaledale
02-08-2020, 02:49 PM
Other than cancel the hotel.......

The one he is quarantined in?

Rich2462
07-08-2020, 03:55 PM
Hearing that it’s almost a done deal for Hart..... Rooney being a big influence in him coming to the Rams!

If I’m told correctly to be announced soon!!

swaledale
07-08-2020, 04:46 PM
Hearing that it’s almost a done deal for Hart..... Rooney being a big influence in him coming to the Rams!

Yet I heard West Brom were put off from signing him due to his wage demands? So we are going to sign a keeper who barring Rooney will be a very high paid player? Can't see it myself but one never knows I guess?

AdiSalisbury
07-08-2020, 05:30 PM

Hope it comes off!

swaledale
07-08-2020, 11:13 PM
Not worth the money, we could get two outfield players for the wages he would want. But fans will always be swayed by a "name"

Manofpride
08-08-2020, 04:17 AM
No one knows what wages he'll be on we'd just be guessing!

Geoff Parkstone
08-08-2020, 08:16 AM
Wages may not matter if he wears shirt number 365 or 888....

swaledale
08-08-2020, 12:05 PM
Indeed!

MadAmster
08-08-2020, 12:47 PM
Wages may not matter if he wears shirt number 365 or 888....

.... or 22

Geoff Parkstone
08-08-2020, 01:51 PM
Not familiar with "bet22" but googled it and it has awful feedback. We don't need a keeper that bad!

swaledale
17-08-2020, 08:30 PM
No one knows what wages he'll be on we'd just be guessing!

Except that West Brom didn't pursue their interest according to them due to his wage demands and he has now gone to Tottenham. Pie in the sky talk just because he was a free agent!