PDA

View Full Version : Huddersfield Town - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

BelfastAndy
06-12-2019, 08:26 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/7GKkn4GF/skysports-huddersfield-town-4858269.jpg (https://postimg.cc/7GKkn4GF)

Huddersfield Town full-backs Danny Simpson (hip) and Jaden Brown (ankle) are doubtful, along with striker Fraizer Campbell (hip).

Terriers boss Danny Cowley could make changes after saying he was "ashamed" by their showing in last week's 5-2 defeat by Bristol City.

Leeds United's Kalvin Phillips serves a one-match ban, so Ben White will move from defence into midfield.

Gaetano Berardi is likely to come back in at centre-half.

Match facts:

This is the first meeting between Huddersfield and Leeds since February 2017, when the Terriers won 2-1 in a Championship fixture.

Leeds have lost their past three league matches against Huddersfield - they have not lost four in a row against their Yorkshire rivals since a run of six between 1928 and 1931.

After a run that saw them lose 14 of 16 home league games, Huddersfield are now unbeaten in their last six at the John Smith's Stadium (W2 D4).

Leeds have won their past five Championship games, their longest run since a run of seven between November/December 2018.

Since scoring his first Huddersfield goal on February 9th, striker Karlan Grant has ended on the losing side in eight league matches in which he has scored - more than any other player in the top four tiers of English football.

Leeds midfielder Mateusz Klich has created the most chances from open play in the Championship (40) and been involved in the most open play sequences ending in a shot (117) - despite that, the Polish midfielder has registered just one assist this season.

MOT.

0 - 3.

hopelesslyoptimistic
06-12-2019, 10:09 PM
Special link on sky tv xD

Billyni
06-12-2019, 10:15 PM
In light of the views on another thread there might need to be codeword devised for 'links':O

hopelesslyoptimistic
06-12-2019, 10:19 PM
In light of the views on another thread there might need to be codeword devised for 'links':O

Stepping stone

alfinyalcabo
06-12-2019, 11:18 PM
It's impossible for Leeds to lose this one ..Uddersfield are woeful..

asturianblanco
07-12-2019, 09:38 AM
relying on you today Andy! >;)

Dubbag
07-12-2019, 10:07 AM
Forest dropped points last nigh at Millwall.
Always nice to see that before you play. Think ye will be too strong but then it would be a local....so who knows.

BelfastAndy
07-12-2019, 12:19 PM
relying on you today Andy! >;)

Ain't looking great at moment. You all need to join 'Leeds Media' on Facebook!!! Several streams on there.

CalverleyBoy
07-12-2019, 12:22 PM
It's impossible for Leeds to lose this one ..Uddersfield are woeful..

I hope that hasn't jinxed it

ColombianWhite
07-12-2019, 12:32 PM
Come on Leeds
MOT

WTF11
07-12-2019, 12:34 PM
Ain't looking great at moment. You all need to join 'Leeds Media' on Facebook!!! Several streams on there.

And they are all bug ridden and infested with malvertisement software! Facebook, waste-of-f00kingspacebook more like.

No dig at you Andy, you've done us proud before, thanks.

Billyni
07-12-2019, 12:36 PM
Feisty affair so far

BelfastAndy
07-12-2019, 12:44 PM
Scrappy

BelfastAndy
07-12-2019, 12:46 PM
The YouTube/Twitter stream man ain't doing any more until Arsenal. Still looking.

Billyni
07-12-2019, 12:50 PM
Theyr stickin it up to us.

BelfastAndy
07-12-2019, 12:51 PM
Good save Casilla

BelfastAndy
07-12-2019, 12:52 PM
All over the place ffs

ColombianWhite
07-12-2019, 12:53 PM
Defence very nervy, need to clam down and keep hold of the ball
MOT

Billyni
07-12-2019, 12:54 PM
Beradi still hasnt grown any since the last time.

CalverleyBoy
07-12-2019, 01:07 PM
We really needs to win this and the Fulham game to be a draw

Billyni
07-12-2019, 01:13 PM
Cassila saves us and then almost sells us.

Billyni
07-12-2019, 01:23 PM
Predictions of a 2 or 3 goal win may have been greatly exaggerated.
I'll take a late scrappy winning one.

BelfastAndy
07-12-2019, 01:25 PM
They're getting a rocket right now!

ColombianWhite
07-12-2019, 01:28 PM
Terrible game, we have reduced to their level, really missing KP, Harrison and Berardi missing, White experiment not working, keeps dropping back into his favourite position so midfield is light
Bielsa needs to sort it out
MOT

asturianblanco
07-12-2019, 01:29 PM
missing phillips.

firstrow sports chaps.....

WTF11
07-12-2019, 01:33 PM
Terrible game, we have reduced to their level, really missing KP, Harrison and Berardi missing, White experiment not working, keeps dropping back into his favourite position so midfield is light
Bielsa needs to sort it out
MOT

Harrison and Berardi missing? As in, not doing what they should, or not there (lineups on BBC say they are, but not seen anything in the commentary on the "live" BBC text feed)?

Billyni
07-12-2019, 01:36 PM
We need to be carefull with a couple of bookings

Billyni
07-12-2019, 01:43 PM
Screamer alloski

CromerWhite
07-12-2019, 01:44 PM
Get in

ColombianWhite
07-12-2019, 01:46 PM
Gianni get in
MOT

Billyni
07-12-2019, 01:48 PM
Oh pablo you really should av

Billyni
07-12-2019, 01:52 PM
Offside my arse. That was 2

Billyni
07-12-2019, 01:58 PM
Cassila top man this time

Billyni
07-12-2019, 02:01 PM
Need a second and we are trying

Billyni
07-12-2019, 02:11 PM
Sublime:D

BelfastAndy
07-12-2019, 02:11 PM
Brilliant

Billyni
07-12-2019, 02:12 PM
I was just about to post that Harrison was shyte today.......an then.

CromerWhite
07-12-2019, 02:14 PM
Superb goal

Billyni
07-12-2019, 02:16 PM
Weve got off the hook a couple of time there lately.

Billyni
07-12-2019, 02:29 PM
I didnt think we played that well, but weve got a 2-0 win away from home in a local derby.
So what the fu ck do i know.
MOT

hopelesslyoptimistic
07-12-2019, 02:34 PM
I didnt think we played that well, but weve got a 2-0 win away from home in a local derby.
So what the fu ck do i know.
MOT

Great 3 points without KP or Cooper.

some very good performances from Beradi, Harrison and Casilla and Bamford maybe a tad unlucky not to score. We seem to have worked a lot on comfortably controlling games rather than tearing them to shreds

ColombianWhite
07-12-2019, 02:38 PM
Better 2nd half, teams can't live with our fitness so we are able to open them up
3 points top of the league, happy weekend
MOT

WTF11
07-12-2019, 02:42 PM
Great to get the three points and to get even more players in the scoresheet (could easily have been 3 or 4 if that post hadn't got in the way and the officials knew what offside was)!

Dubbag
07-12-2019, 02:53 PM
Ok...so you guys losing didn't work....but maybe Bristol City can do us both a favour today....O:)

Tichi1
07-12-2019, 03:33 PM
Harrison and Berardi missing? As in, not doing what they should, or not there (lineups on BBC say they are, but not seen anything in the commentary on the "live" BBC text feed)?

You just love getting your face covered in egg!

Berardi does a job again [Clean sheet - no penalty, no sending off] Harrison has YET another assist for Pablo's "Headed" goal... Youn really need to shut it till the game is done numpty!

Tichi1
07-12-2019, 03:37 PM
Ok...so you guys losing didn't work....but maybe Bristol City can do us both a favour today....O:)

Fingers crossed - and they are in front for now....

Happy to scrap it out with the baggies and no one close in third personally..

Rev72
07-12-2019, 03:42 PM

Maybe both Bristol and Swansea can do us a favour :O

WTF11
07-12-2019, 03:51 PM

Berardi does a job again [Clean sheet - no penalty, no sending off] Harrison has YET another assist for Pablo's "Headed" goal... Youn really need to shut it till the game is done numpty!

Face covered in egg? If you read back a few posts you will see that I was asking about another post which mentioned that Harrison and Berardi were missing. I checked the lineups and they were listed so I asked why they were missing. But don't let that stop you heaping a whole chicken coop load of eggs in your mush.

WTF11
07-12-2019, 03:52 PM

You need to be a little more assiduous with your "research"

WTF11
07-12-2019, 04:00 PM

Check out the post from Colombian White, posted at 1.28. Not too hard, if you can be bothered rather than leaping to conclusions.

UbiqueLUFC33
07-12-2019, 04:01 PM
Good win - especially without Cooper and Phillips.

I thought we looked fairly solid in most areas. Harrison keeps improving and doesn't stop working. I had a better appreciation of Bamford's workrate today - he chased their defenders down constantly - interestingly something that Nketiah failed to do when he came on; in fact he looked very disinterested. Bamford had a perfectly good goal ruled out by inept officialdom but Casilla (who flapped at a few) kept us in it with a great reaction save at 1-0. To be fair, they had several very good chances in the last 20 mins but fluffed thier lines so we will take it. Not many teams have the versatility that we do - taking off a right winger for a left back and reorganising to accommodate that. MOT

Tichi1
07-12-2019, 04:02 PM
As usual - light hearted banter turns into a full on gripe - JUST try to chill out a bit fella -you ALWAYS moan and whinge about Harrison so nothing new here - one day, matbe you will show just a tad of appeciation for the work Harrison does at the other end of the pitch AKA Alliosky ........time to move on

Tichi1
07-12-2019, 04:10 PM

I thought we looked fairly solid in most areas. Harrison keeps improving and doesn't stop working. I had a better appreciation of Bamford's workrate today - he chased their defenders down constantly - interestingly something that Nketiah failed to do when he came on; in fact he looked very disinterested. Bamford had a perfectly good goal ruled out by inept officialdom but Casilla (who flapped at a few) kept us in it with a great reaction save at 1-0. To be fair, they had several very good chances in the last 20 mins but fluffed thier lines so we will take it. Not many teams have the versatility that we do - taking off a right winger for a left back and reorganising to accommodate that. MOT

Despite our injuries/suspensions, and despite the fact that they did have a go at us, we still had 58% possession and 14 shots overall - but the biggest plus for me is that this season we seem to have stopped the stupid goals against - they had 7 corners today - 2 more than us, but we didn't look like conceding from any.

Long may this resilience continue.

WTF11
07-12-2019, 04:12 PM
As usual - light hearted banter turns into a full on gripe - JUST try to chill out a bit fella -you ALWAYS moan and whinge about Harrison so nothing new here - one day, matbe you will show just a tad of appeciation for the work Harrison does at the other end of the pitch AKA Alliosky ........time to move on

You know, just once it would be refreshing if you admitted that the post that contained the 'banter" you're so fond of was based on you jumping in with both feet without first actually reading AND UNDERSTANDING, what I posted. But clearly that's too much to ask for, even when you're led by the nose to the truth of the matter.

WTF11
07-12-2019, 04:15 PM

Thanks for the assessment. Look ing forward to seeing all 3 or 4 minutes we might get from the EFL show later!

Tichi1
07-12-2019, 04:24 PM
You know, just once it would be refreshing if you admitted that the post that contained the 'banter" you're so fond of was based on you jumping in with both feet without first actually reading AND UNDERSTANDING, what I posted. But clearly that's too much to ask for, even when you're led by the nose to the truth of the matter.

Okay SORRY,

I went to the game today and have partaken of a couple of slurps as a result.... cannot be arsed re reading all the posts so will take your word for it.
So we are BOTH chuffed with the performance of Harrison et al?

Would be nice to see you be man enough to cough occasionally when you get it wrong...

Jezleeds
07-12-2019, 04:35 PM
Okay SORRY,

I went to the game today and have partaken of a couple of slurps as a result.... cannot be arsed re reading all the posts so will take your word for it.

Would be nice to see you be man enough to cough occasionally when you get it wrong...

I'd just like to apologise for not being on this forum during the game today. Oh and also for not being at the game.

Great win for us today - Harrison looking better with each game, and great finishes for both goals.

I still worry about Casilla. On the one hand he saves a certain goal, on the other continues to look very suspect in other areas of his goalkeeping.

Hopefully BC can hold out or at least get a draw today to make it a great Saturday for us.

Jezleeds
07-12-2019, 04:37 PM
And Bristol City go 2 up just on cue - fantastic!

WTF11
07-12-2019, 04:48 PM
Okay SORRY,

You have been bothered to trawl through my posts in the past, pity you didnt today.

And as you saw the match, and others have said the same, I'm delighted (no sarcasm, seriously) that Harrison has had a good game, as has Alioski (Although if you have a look back, you'll see Ive always been a fan of Alioski, despite the naysayers) and nice to see good things said about Hernandez, glad he's back.

And also for Berardi (remember I agreed with your post yesterday, on the Ben White thread), if he gets played where he prefers, he will always delivery a good performance, and even when out of position, you cant fault his commitment.

I do "cough", occasionally, I just dont get it wrong very often!>;)

Tichi1
07-12-2019, 04:49 PM
I'd just like to apologise for not being on this forum during the game today. Oh and also for not being at the game.

Great win for us today - Harrison looking better with each game, and great finishes for both goals.

I still worry about Casilla. On the one hand he saves a certain goal, on the other continues to look very suspect in other areas of his goalkeeping.

Hopefully BC can hold out or at least get a draw today to make it a great Saturday for us.

And I'm sorry that you couldn't be arsed to either go to a local game or even worse not bother to come on here - you fairweather fan you!
Thought that far from being our best perforance,- could say that about a few recent ones too - we did really well considering injuries/suspensions, and Berardi as usual didn't let us down. Just happy that we seem to have sorted our soft underbelly so far this year.

Tichi1
07-12-2019, 05:12 PM
You have been bothered to trawl through my posts in the past, pity you didnt today.

And as you saw the match, and others have said the same, I'm delighted (no sarcasm, seriously) that Harrison has had a good game, as has Alioski (Although if you have a look back, you'll see Ive always been a fan of Alioski, despite the naysayers) and nice to see good things said about Hernandez, glad he's back.

And also for Berardi (remember I agreed with your post yesterday, on the Ben White thread), if he gets played where he prefers, he will always delivery a good performance, and even when out of position, you cant fault his commitment.

I do "cough", occasionally, I just dont get it wrong very often!>;)

Always think we miss Alliosky at left back when he is out, also always recognise Harrisons overall contribution to most games - even if he IS frustrating with his forward contribution [His first two crosses today both missed the mark - nearly but not quite eh?] BUT I do think Bielsa's team ethic is really showing now, and that he can and will get the best out of players given sufficient time - Eddie take note - as for you seldom being wrong.....

Dubbag
07-12-2019, 05:40 PM
Maybe both Bristol and Swansea can do us a favour :O

I was surprised to read that Swansea are the only championship side unbeaten away from home so far this season...P9 W5 D4......
I may not have been so gung hoo in my prediction attempt......:)
Enjoy the weekend, regardless...

WTF11
07-12-2019, 05:55 PM
Always think we miss Alliosky at left back when he is out, also always recognise Harrisons overall contribution to most games - even if he IS frustrating with his forward contribution [His first two crosses today both missed the mark - nearly but not quite eh?] BUT I do think Bielsa's team ethic is really showing now, and that he can and will get the best out of players given sufficient time - Eddie take note - as for you seldom being wrong.....

I believe his explanation, but surely somebody might have warned him abiut what this looks like?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leeds-united-star-ezgjan-alioski-21045789

Just hope we haven't given ammunition to the FA/EFL.

Billyni
07-12-2019, 06:16 PM
He explained it immediatly after the match in his interview.
Nothing to see here.

Billyni
07-12-2019, 06:17 PM
Oliver Casey. Who seen that comming?

Jezleeds
07-12-2019, 07:10 PM
Oliver Casey. Who seen that comming?

Marcelo's a right little tinker sometimes.

asturianblanco
07-12-2019, 07:16 PM
starting to think our goals against might just see us remain top 2 this season, very impressive.

norfolk white
07-12-2019, 08:30 PM
Been away all day but kept track of the game, last season we would probably have drawn that, but this season we are getting the results, work ethic and fitness to the end when the opposition are flagging, superb set up by Harrison and superb goal by alioski, these two get flak but often produce moments like that, and both work their butts off...well done lads.

george_kaplan
07-12-2019, 09:02 PM
starting to think our goals against might just see us remain top 2 this season, very impressive.

Yeah me too, Ive been watching this, in our goals not been scored (when perhaps they should) the plus to this was our clean sheets.
Good result today considering the game was raised with us showing up, it would please me no end to see them drop down once again.

WTF11
07-12-2019, 09:28 PM
Yeah me too, Ive been watching this, in our goals not been scored (when perhaps they should) the plus to this was our clean sheets.
Good result today considering the game was raised with us showing up, it would please me no end to see them drop down once again.

Forgive me for being a tad naive, but with Dudds doing so badly, and Barnsley already in the drop zone, why do we, Yorkshiremen who support Leeds through thick and thin, take such delight in the misfortunes of others from God's county?

Wouldn't we want a premiership populated by Dudds, Blades, Wendies, Barnsley, Bantams and any others capable of getting there, or do we only want to encounter the likes of Scum, Chelski, Schitty etc?

WTF11
07-12-2019, 09:51 PM
Just watched the EFL highlights, the second strike was SUBLIME, as good as anything Liverpool could produce.😆👌

george_kaplan
07-12-2019, 10:06 PM
Just watched the EFL highlights, the second strike was SUBLIME, as good as anything Liverpool could produce.😆👌

Don’t start that again! :P

george_kaplan
07-12-2019, 10:09 PM
Forgive me for being a tad naive, but with Dudds doing so badly, and Barnsley already in the drop zone, why do we, Yorkshiremen who support Leeds through thick and thin, take such delight in the misfortunes of others from God's county?

Wouldn't we want a premiership populated by Dudds, Blades, Wendies, Barnsley, Bantams and any others capable of getting there, or do we only want to encounter the likes of Scum, Chelski, Schitty etc?

I ‘ear ya......but Ive no time for that crowd.....along with the Sheffield clubs.......oh and drabford being Keighley and all that.

Billyni
07-12-2019, 10:23 PM
Just watched the EFL highlights, the second strike was SUBLIME, as good as anything Liverpool could produce.����

Dont think they showed the disallowed goal which was onside.

MrsORichSenior
07-12-2019, 11:07 PM

Bloody hell !

I'll have a second glass on the strength of that comment - if you throw in a Bamford compliment I'll 'ave an early night too with my husband to celebrate a great away day .................... XDXD

MOT

WTF11
07-12-2019, 11:35 PM
Bloody hell !

I'll have a second glass on the strength of that comment - if you throw in a Bamford compliment I'll 'ave an early night too with my husband to celebrate a great away day .................... XDXD

MOT

Well here you go......Always wanted to see him succeed, works his *******s off and hasn't ever been given credit (and had have said so before), and would have been only what was deserved had he been given the goal.

Good enough?

CalverleyBoy
08-12-2019, 12:21 AM
Also watched the highlights, some good stuff from Casilla, though I understand he also had some heart stopping moments. Happy to see Alioski scoring he puts a shift in and seems to have stopped some of his antics that once got him booked. Hernandez positioning for his was class and a nice boost for his confidence. Shame Bamford's goal was disallowed but hopefully it helps him. Hull and Cardiff coming up, I think they will be more challenging games.

Rev72
08-12-2019, 12:29 AM

Because the 'others' from Gods County f*cking hate us with a passion and have taken great delight in our misfortune over the years especially the fall from grace suffered when we almost went bust thanks to Mr Ridsdale and his cronies.

So f*ck em..f*ck em all.:)

MrsORichSenior
08-12-2019, 12:28 PM
Well here you go......Always wanted to see him succeed, works his *******s off and hasn't ever been given credit (and had have said so before), and would have been only what was deserved had he been given the goal.

Good enough?

Good enough ?
Well ............... plenty of anticipated possession,full blooded passion,beautiful movements down the flanks,positive versatile interaction combined within role play all done with highly charged sustained energy levels box to box for the whole 90 minutes.

So what more could I ask for - three in the net would have been fantastic but I'll settle for the two scored as it's all down to the karma of 'Bielsa Sutra' in gaining total satisfaction at the end of the day is it not.

The game wasn't bad either .........
ALAW - MOT

(well 'tis the Panto season)

WTF11
08-12-2019, 11:41 PM
Because the 'others' from Gods County f*cking hate us with a passion and have taken great delight in our misfortune over the years especially the fall from grace suffered when we almost went bust thanks to Mr Ridsdale and his cronies.

So f*ck em..f*ck em all.:)

Maybe so, but there is no denying that Dudds, Barnsley, Wendies, Blades, Bantams fans are (in the main) Yorkshire. What's done is done and would we all like to see Ridsdale in a coffin, yessiree, but would I like to to see a half-dozen teams in the PL who hail from Gods county? Equally yessiree

hopelesslyoptimistic
09-12-2019, 01:19 AM
Maybe so, but there is no denying that Dudds, Barnsley, Wendies, Blades, Bantams fans are (in the main) Yorkshire. What's done is done and would we all like to see Ridsdale in a coffin, yessiree, but would I like to to see a half-dozen teams in the PL who hail from Gods county? Equally yessiree

Yeah but West Yorks and South York’s treat each other like different counties/races and as Rev said most hate Leeds so stuff em.

Would be quite happy with Leeds being the only Yorkshire prem team too. Most have tin pot grounds and fickle support.

To be fair both Sheff clubs have decent support.

Tichi1
09-12-2019, 06:13 PM

Bloody hell fella - "Would like to see Risdale in a coffin" Harsh to say the least!

WTF11
09-12-2019, 06:32 PM
Bloody hell fella - "Would like to see Risdale in a coffin" Harsh to say the least!

Tell it like I see it.

spaldy
09-12-2019, 08:05 PM
Millions have been killed around the world for less than he did.

asturianblanco
09-12-2019, 08:15 PM
Dont think WTF11 really meant that, no need for any snowflake outrages here, enough of that nonsense everywhere else i look....

Rev72
09-12-2019, 11:58 PM

Harsh but fair :O

Tichi1
10-12-2019, 08:35 PM
Dont think WTF11 really meant that, no need for any snowflake outrages here, enough of that nonsense everywhere else i look....

**** me, never been called a bloody snowflake before...

Rev72
11-12-2019, 12:28 AM
**** me, never been called a bloody snowflake before...

What about 'cupcake'?