PDA

View Full Version : We are on a slippery slide!!

bfcjon
07-12-2019, 06:44 PM
Well after another debacle, We are well and Truly Stuffed...
Make No mistake, We are Truly heading for the trap door,...Improving Newcastle next,..Lose that And I think we are done.

How the Hell Did we manage 7th,...Cannot blame being in Europe this time...

Dyche ? Garlic? Rigg ? Who is to blame?.....We have not improved our squad,...Again Dyche, Garlic, Rigg....Not sure what the latter actually does??

saffron1967
07-12-2019, 06:59 PM
yep agree fully but listened to dyche post match interview think he's at another game with is comments

alfinyalcabo
07-12-2019, 07:32 PM
It's only a game .. Don't worry be happy.. The chumpionship is much better to watch..

The Bedlington Terrier
07-12-2019, 07:36 PM
I didn't go today, but three of my mates did. The word is we were bloody awful!

Altobelli
07-12-2019, 07:45 PM
I have been saying the slippery slide started even before that 7th place finish Jon.

I don't listen to any post match interviews Dyche does now saffron as you are right, he seems to see a different game, or as I'd put it he's a good talker and bullsh!t sometimes baffles brains.

Credit where it is due though, Dyche has worked miracles since he came here, but he's done it through sheer graft, determination and a very lot of luck.

He's been here 7 years, and he's responsible for Tactics and Transfers in and out, for the last 3/4 seasons the team has not been strengthened, its had a few "so called" calibre players but most of all been filled with journeymen, has been's, bargain basement players and even players who cost millions who find their place on the bench or not in the squad at all.

With the above he seems to have NO plan B, with substitutions seemingly not happening fast enough to change/save a game, Like I have said above he has not got a lot to choose from in his squad but again its his remit to sort that.

The Squad is either getting too old, or it is not PL quality, I'd say we have only a handful of adequate players and in general its not been addressed very well.

We may be one of only a few Clubs operating at a profit, but no wonder as our squad have suffered because of poor building and because it has been left too long its going to be harder and more expensive to build a PL equipped team.

Buying players does not guarantee PL safety, but it helps, having a Manager who has a plan B also helps, I want our Club to at least compete, but with the last few years having our hands stuck in our pockets its been hard and will not get any easier.

Norder
07-12-2019, 07:48 PM

I didn't see the match....but I know a good mensch and spurs fan that did - and Wow - was he surprised at the ease of it !

:rolleyes:

;D

sinkov
07-12-2019, 09:58 PM
He's pulled us round before, will he do it again, or is this it ? 3 points off the drop zone, the trap door is creaking beneath our feet, chickens are coming home to roost, the vultures are circling overhead, panic buttons are being pressed, up to our necks in the brown stuff, Samaritans Hotline in meltdown, must win game coming up, I'll stop now, run out of cliches.

The Bedlington Terrier
08-12-2019, 07:50 AM
I'm as sick as a parrot this morning sinkov, I feel like I'm on a sinking ship and the jackals are at the back door. :blue:

What must Ben Gibson think? The floodgates are open and he still won't get a game.

sinkov
08-12-2019, 09:54 AM
I'm as sick as a parrot this morning sinkov, I feel like I'm on a sinking ship and the jackals are at the back door. :blue:

What must Ben Gibson think? The floodgates are open and he still won't get a game.

I can only he imagines he checks his latest bank statement, smiles and thinks, there are probably worse jobs.

The Bedlington Terrier
08-12-2019, 10:17 AM
I can only he imagines he checks his latest bank statement, smiles and thinks, there are probably worse jobs.

After watching the whole sorry debacle in the early hours of this morning, the only coherent message coming out of my head was WTF?

Dyche needs to play Tarkowski in the Eric Dier role and put Gibson in alongside Mee.

FFS Lowton was bloody awful again, Jay Rod missed an absolute sitter and for some unfathomable reason we gave the Spurs front three the freedom of the pitch. Other than that, we were dreadful.

Even more worrying, the match commentator Andy Townsend was bigging McNeil up to such an extent he added £10 million to the price tag. We will NOT keep hold of McNeil much longer! >:(

sinkov
08-12-2019, 10:44 AM
I haven't watched it yet, I'm not sure I want to. I'm sure there is far more to it than this, but it does occur to me that the last two debacles have occurred with Hendrick at CM, where I have always said he was a disaster waiting to happen, despite many fans saying this was his best position. Just to re-iterate though, I'm not blaming Hendrick for what's happening, it runs far, far deeper than that.

army88
08-12-2019, 11:21 AM
I haven't watched it yet, I'm not sure I want to. I'm sure there is far more to it than this, but it does occur to me that the last two debacles have occurred with Hendrick at CM, where I have always said he was a disaster waiting to happen, despite many fans saying this was his best position. Just to re-iterate though, I'm not blaming Hendrick for what's happening, it runs far, far deeper than that.

I think what’s happend Sinkov is that the three most critical players to our system and make up are sidelined and Dyche has hit a brick wall because you can’t make Cork Hendrick centrally quicker and competitive especially when most weeks they play against a three from other teams centrally.

And then Taylor probably our quickest player and Bardsley our out of the back four , it’s creating havoc and we can’t deal with it especially against the last two opponents with pace and movement.

I know we keep going back to it but we are weak , part of the core of the team is missing and it’s so apparent to who we play they are on it in a breath.

The squad is too small and it’s full of older footballers who can no longer compete at this level hence our back up players simply aren’t good enough.

On top of that and I’ve posted this before as well over the last 3 seasons , Sean s in ability to change shape to react to other managers tactics I think sometimes really catches us out , they set up there way score or change shape and then score and we don’t have the ability or pace to get back into the game hence we try but get punished and lose again.

The Bedlington Terrier
08-12-2019, 01:38 PM
Rule number 1: When your opponents have the ball, ENGAGE and win it back.

Allowing this quality of opposition the length of the field is suicide. Plain and simple.

On this performance Mee and Lowton need a rest and Pieters does not have the speed of thought or pace in his legs to play at this level.

Sorry Erik, you were dire.

Rule number 2: When you have the ball, DO NOT give it back to the opposition at the first phucking opportunity. :mad:

claretstrevor
08-12-2019, 03:01 PM
What match was SD watching. FFS . Championship beckoning .better games. Think time is up for SD

The Bedlington Terrier
08-12-2019, 03:25 PM
Baffled by his tactics against Citeh, even more baffled on Saturday.

Fortunately for SD he has loads of credit in the bank yet.

Big game on Saturday, sorry to miss it, but me and the Child Bride are off to visit a few of Germany's best Christmas markets.

Dortmund, Essen, Dusseldorf, Cologne, Bochum and Duisburg in no particular order.

sinkov
08-12-2019, 04:00 PM
Baffled by his tactics against Citeh, even more baffled on Saturday.

Fortunately for SD he has loads of credit in the bank yet.

Big game on Saturday, sorry to miss it, but me and the Child Bride are off to visit a few of Germany's best Christmas markets.

Dortmund, Essen, Dusseldorf, Cologne, Bochum and Duisburg in no particular order.

What's wrong with Manchester ?:blue:

The Bedlington Terrier
08-12-2019, 04:20 PM
What's wrong with Manchester ?:blue:

Doesn't compare sinkov.