View Full Version : WBA v Swans

jackaway
08-12-2019, 02:57 PM
R.I.P. Swans
5-1 hammering
Cooper has lost the plot and the dressing room

jackaway
08-12-2019, 11:36 PM
That was painful to watch. Our normally strong defence away from home, only seven goals conceded, was torn apart as we ended the match in disarray, and threw our unbeaten run away against a side that were good, but not that good to just capitulate to them.
We were top of the table at the beginning of October, now we are just a shadow of that team. We looked unfit and disinterested as WBA just ran straight through our pitiful midfield.
There is something wrong, I don’t know what it is, but it looked like the players weren’t t trying their best.
They’d better sort it out pretty damn quick, or we’ll be staring League 1 in the face.

jackaway
08-12-2019, 11:42 PM
We have a few days to sort it out then two home games. If we lose those I think Cooper should go, as he seemingly can’t motivate the players anymore. His team selections and formations are bizarre, and also his substitutions. Never a Plan B if things go wrong and only subbing like for like players. Where was our best player today, not even on the subs bench?

Iolo
09-12-2019, 08:39 AM
I don't mind losing but that was a gutless display riddled with mistakes by our players and to concede so many goals was heartbreaking for fans to witness.
Cooper called them naive but they let us down badly with their lack of fight. We've seen it in the home defeats this season, when they go behind their heads drop.
There are 12 players out of contract end of this season and 4 loanees return to their clubs.
Are we preparing for another clear out of dead wood, it would seem so. January will be a crucial month to try and find players to boost our weak midfield, the crux of the problem.

Estoban
09-12-2019, 08:53 AM
Still in shock after that mauling. Feel sorry for the loyal fans who travelled to watch that display, it was bad enough on TV.
We were poor in every department and our slump in form is alarming. Two home games this week but our home form is dreadful and does not give us confidence things will change for the better, with 5 defeats already.
Coopers job is fast becoming untenable.