PDA

View Full Version : Leeds United - v - Hull City ***Matchday Thread***

BelfastAndy
09-12-2019, 10:44 PM
(Image hosting site not playing)

Leeds United are set to welcome back midfielder Kalvin Phillips, who missed Saturday's win at Huddersfield Town through suspension.

Central defender Liam Cooper (calf) is out for the Whites, who have won their past six games in the Championship.

Hull City boss Grant McCann has no new injury worries following Saturday's 2-1 win against Stoke City,

Striker Josh Magennis could return to the squad following suspension as the Tigers chase a third win in four games.

Match facts:

Leeds are looking to avoid losing consecutive league matches against Hull for the first time since December 2012, losing 2-0 against the Tigers in their most recent encounter.

Hull have never won consecutive league visits to Elland Road, winning 2-0 there in December 2018 under Nigel Adkins.

Leeds are unbeaten in nine league games (W7 D2), winning the last six in a row. The Whites have conceded just three goals in those nine games, and have kept a clean sheet in the last three.

Only the top two sides Leeds (20) and West Brom (20) have won more points over the last eight Championship matches than Hull (16 - W5 D1 L2).

Leeds have conceded just 10 goals in their 20 Championship games this season - in the history of the second tier, only Notts County in 1922-23 (8) have conceded fewer at this stage of a season.

Leeds have won all six of their league games in which Patrick Bamford has scored for them this season, the best such 100% record in the Championship this term.

2 - 1.

MOT.

Rev72
10-12-2019, 12:01 AM
Another local one..must win this and keep the pressure on those mardy asses who are current leaders.

BelfastAndy
10-12-2019, 08:09 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/75F6ySS3/Soi-keo-nha-cai-Leeds-vs-Hull-City-ngay-11-12-2019-Bam-duoi-ngoi.jpg (https://postimg.cc/75F6ySS3)

CalverleyBoy
10-12-2019, 05:27 PM
Looks like it will be a damp one

george_kaplan
10-12-2019, 05:55 PM

.........there’s a joke in there somewhere mate :D

Another of our Yorkie “friends” team I’d like to see us smash! Like the dog sniffers, that lot over east detest us :mad:

BelfastAndy
10-12-2019, 06:10 PM
Not sure what this link will deliver

https://tinyurl.com/tp7z4le

ColombianWhite
10-12-2019, 07:42 PM
Come on Leeds
MOT

ozleeds
10-12-2019, 07:54 PM
https://www.vipleague.lc/1-leeds-united-vs-hull-city-live-streaming

WTF11
10-12-2019, 08:01 PM
Bamford is everywhere! Is there more than one of him?

WTF11
10-12-2019, 08:03 PM
Phillips very assured too.

Tichi1
10-12-2019, 08:06 PM
https://www.vipleague.lc/1-leeds-united-vs-hull-city-live-streaming

Dodgy link Oz mate - trying to infect my pc FFS!

ozleeds
10-12-2019, 08:10 PM
Dodgy link Oz mate - trying to infect my pc FFS!

Thats how they make money ads you should know by now to have ******* installed on your comp
\

ozleeds
10-12-2019, 08:11 PM
why did it erase ad blocker lol

ozleeds
10-12-2019, 08:15 PM
http://krbakken.mzzhost.com/?i=1 just radio commentrary if your scared of the live link

WTF11
10-12-2019, 08:17 PM
But can we give Bamford a bigger forehead?

ozleeds
10-12-2019, 08:18 PM
All over them as usual but the final pass is our killer:(

Tichi1
10-12-2019, 08:21 PM
Use Bottom.

Bottom?

WTF11
10-12-2019, 08:23 PM
Bottom?

Should have read "Norton"!!!!!

Dubbag
10-12-2019, 08:32 PM
Bottom?

XD
Good link...no issues so far....

Dubbag
10-12-2019, 08:33 PM
Another local one..must win this and keep the pressure on those mardy asses who are current leaders.

Not quite sure...but is that an insult?....O:)

ColombianWhite
10-12-2019, 08:41 PM
Good possession but need to finish it off, usual away team performance, everyone behind the ball, then trying to hit us on the break, will open up more 2nd half
Come on Leeds
MOT

Tichi1
10-12-2019, 08:56 PM
Not quite sure...but is that an insult?....O:)

LOL I think so butdon't take it personally mate.

Said before - for me if your lot and ours break away at the top, nto too worried about first or second in al honesty - either will do.... Just want to nick this one tonight to start that gap widening further.

BelfastAndy
10-12-2019, 09:17 PM
That'll do

WTF11
10-12-2019, 09:18 PM
Well, we may be finding it hard to score but Millwall and Bristol seem to be doing OK!😉

ColombianWhite
10-12-2019, 09:19 PM
Just how cruel
He is doing my head in
Feck in get in
MOT

WTF11
10-12-2019, 09:20 PM
Well, we may be finding it hard to score but Millwall and Bristol seem to be doing OK!😉

Sorry, meant Preston

OldWhiteTaff
10-12-2019, 09:21 PM
Thank fk for that, but a bit lucky. Costa's final ball tonight has been terrible, and Pablo's been off colour as well. Just pray we keep it tight now.

Tichi1
10-12-2019, 09:24 PM
Big 15 minutes now, could be getting away from the pack tonight - this lot stopped our winning run last season too...come on:

Billyni
10-12-2019, 09:28 PM
Wam bam thank you mam

ColombianWhite
10-12-2019, 09:29 PM
Luck and timing win you games
Get in
MOT

Dubbag
10-12-2019, 09:30 PM
LOL I think so butdon't take it personally mate.

Said before - for me if your lot and ours break away at the top, nto too worried about first or second in al honesty - either will do.... Just want to nick this one tonight to start that gap widening further.

Agree...and all other games are producing favorable results at the minute...

WTF11
10-12-2019, 09:40 PM
Alioski again, and what a finish

Tichi1
10-12-2019, 09:43 PM
Just want Preston to hang on now...Bristol and Forest dropping points - Fulham too would be brilliant... Cardiff home at the weekend - another possible banana skin...

WTF11
10-12-2019, 09:47 PM
11 points clear of 3rd place on the same games played, sound as a pound! Others said it when we played Dudds, fitness pays, and it did tonight. Well done every player. Phillips was immense, White ditto, Alioski did what Alioski does, Bamford was everywhere, Ayling back to something close to normal, Hernandez ditto, Harrison worked his b0ll9x off I just wish he would do the 1st touch cross occasionally and Casilla had next to f00k all to do, well done the defence!

OldWhiteTaff
10-12-2019, 09:53 PM
I think I said a little while ago that for the first time in ages it's seems to be us getting the luck of the bounce, and that certainly seems to be true tonight. I'll take three points every single time of course however it comes, but that was a pretty disjointed effort, both our passing and close control was way off what it can be. I know we can't play amazing football every match, and maybe it's a bit of tiredness creeping in, but tonight wasn't vintage Bielsa Leeds.

hopelesslyoptimistic
10-12-2019, 10:03 PM
I think I said a little while ago that for the first time in ages it's seems to be us getting the luck of the bounce, and that certainly seems to be true tonight. I'll take three points every single time of course however it comes, but that was a pretty disjointed effort, both our passing and close control was way off what it can be. I know we can't play amazing football every match, and maybe it's a bit of tiredness creeping in, but tonight wasn't vintage Bielsa Leeds.

We also seem to be more controlled in games. Great to see Struijk get his first cap. Wonder if Bielsa is blooding more youngsters now in case he needs to rely on then with the run of games coming up?

Billyni
10-12-2019, 10:03 PM
Any luck wer getting we deserve.
We've had 18 year of shyte luck.

WTF11
10-12-2019, 10:05 PM

Maybe not vintage, but every player contributed, the end result may not have always worked but the law of averages seems to be working in our favour!😉

hopelesslyoptimistic
10-12-2019, 10:06 PM
Wonder if having Bates as Chairman has the same effect as shooting an albatross

Jezleeds
10-12-2019, 10:06 PM

Bamford one of our best defenders tonight - shame he didn't get on the scoresheet with one of his chances.

Allioski again looked fantastic coming off the bench - must be hard for him given that Costa's playing every game, but it's a great option to have either of them on the bench.

Really glad we got through that tonight - great Casilla save to stop the equaliser, and it was a tough game that last year we would have drawn or lost.

Jezleeds
10-12-2019, 10:09 PM
We also seem to be more controlled in games. Great to see Struijk get his first cap. Wonder if Bielsa is blooding more youngsters now in case he needs to rely on then with the run of games coming up?

Great point and i think you're right - and if he's doing that, it really shows a learning curve from last year has happened - thought he looked superb in pre-season so hopefully he will be involved more now.

I'm hoping the stories about McAlmont going out on loan aren't true - he really looked excellent in pre-season too, in the Phillips role, but maybe him going on loan would keep him playing at a higher level in case he's needed later for us.

hopelesslyoptimistic
10-12-2019, 10:15 PM
Casilla has been immense the last few games

Dubbag
10-12-2019, 10:18 PM
Back to the Baggies again so.....:o
Putting daylight between us two and the rest is proving to be a good tonic for both of us at the moment...As Revie posted...not really bothered about first or second...actually couldn't care less.....at this rate 2sd of January is looking tasty....but no complacence please.....
Well done good result...as said,puts it back to us.....

hopelesslyoptimistic
10-12-2019, 10:20 PM
Yup leapfrogging each other cold spur both teams on. 5 game gap by Jan would be nice

Billyni
10-12-2019, 10:22 PM
Casilla has been immense the last few games

Absolutly.

OldWhiteTaff
10-12-2019, 10:48 PM
Going to bed happy again. Slight misgivings about tonight's performance notwithstanding, 11 pts clear is fantastic, 7 wins in a row fantastic. Cardiff next up, and I know our run won't last all season, but I hope to fk it doesn't come to an end against these cnuts.

MrsORichSenior
10-12-2019, 10:54 PM
11 points clear of 3rd place on the same games played, sound as a pound! Others said it when we played Dudds, fitness pays, and it did tonight. Well done every player. Phillips was immense, White ditto, Alioski did what Alioski does, Bamford was everywhere, Ayling back to something close to normal, Hernandez ditto, Harrison worked his b0ll9x off I just wish he would do the 1st touch cross occasionally and Casilla had next to f00k all to do, well done the defence!

You've obviously now got wide screen TV at last and see what I and others have been seeing ........... XD

Pity Jez doesn't get what Bamford offers over 90 minutes but hey ho ....... another blistering box to box attack to settle matters and more young blood introduced - many positives and another 3 points so onwards we go.

MOT

norfolk white
10-12-2019, 10:58 PM
Even with a few injuries we don't have as many as last year, and our bench always has options, game changing ones, well done boys.

hopelesslyoptimistic
10-12-2019, 11:41 PM
You've obviously now got wide screen TV at last and see what I and others have been seeing ........... XD

Pity Jez doesn't get what Bamford offers over 90 minutes but hey ho ....... another blistering box to box attack to settle matters and more young blood introduced - many positives and another 3 points so onwards we go.

MOT

Bamford is so much better than last season but it took a lot for me to get over his dive against Villa (not very Leeds or Yorkshire) and his seeming lack of effort and lack of fight in some games - QPR away last season was a shocker. Fair play those two aspects of his game have been immense this season and he is now scoring a few too. Would love to see what he could do as a 10 though.

spaldy
10-12-2019, 11:46 PM
Bamford is a different player than last year.

You also can't fault his work rate or effort and his smart play. Hard to get over the flopping. It's a part of the game but still bothersome.

However, he's a striker that doesn't score much. we don't score enough to not have someone that finishes. Unfortunate that Edie pulled up lame. would have been interesting to see if we were better or worse with him.

If we lose Eddie would be nice to give your Edmunssen a chance.

Rev72
11-12-2019, 12:34 AM
A few West Brom fans seem convinced we are going to bottle it again this season..infact I would suggest they are become obsessed with the possibilty.

But if I were them I would be more concerned that they aren't going to bottle it again like they did last season..especially with the prem parachute payments finishing.

Just saying like. :o

Rev72
11-12-2019, 12:38 AM
Tonight was an ugly win..but just as important as a beautiful win.

Results gone our way tonight..a nice gap to 3rd as well.

MOT

asturianblanco
11-12-2019, 06:55 AM
amazed we are not talking about our goals against column! months since we conceeded a goal! just as important as having a flashy 20 goal a season striker...

Ozwhites
11-12-2019, 08:25 AM
A bit hoarse this morning....but what a great end to the night! Contented man now I have seen them win! >;)

Dubbag
11-12-2019, 09:20 AM
A few West Brom fans seem convinced we are going to bottle it again this season..infact I would suggest they are become obsessed with the possibilty.

But if I were them I would be more concerned that they aren't going to bottle it again like they did last season..especially with the prem parachute payments finishing.

Just saying like. :o
I would suggest that is more hope then reality. If this gap can remain into January...then it may sap the rest chasing. We are both maintaining consistent form. As long as it continues...no concerns for the rest. Only natural to want your nearest to come a cropper....😊

MrsORichSenior
11-12-2019, 10:55 AM
amazed we are not talking about our goals against column! months since we conceeded a goal! just as important as having a flashy 20 goal a season striker...

Ditto ! :star:

Terry from Tamworth also liked this ;D

MOT

spaldy
11-12-2019, 12:35 PM
Kiko has been very good as has all of the team.

White has been great. would be worth huge bucks to buy him if we go up. He is a rock. Hard to believe he is so young.

Jezleeds
11-12-2019, 04:11 PM

MOT

Pity you don't understand what anyone says.

Or rather, you choose to.

WUM.

UbiqueLUFC33
11-12-2019, 04:44 PM
I thought Ayling had a good game which is a rarity in recent weeks. Bamford worked hard and chased tirelessly but Jesus Christ he missed a few good chances (or in some cases, didn't get onto the end of balls that he should have done). White was as assured as ever, Berardi looked solid and Kiko made a save when he needed to. Costa seemed much more dangerous on the ball and was frightening defenders when he ran at them; shame about the lack of final product but hopefully (like Harrison) that will improve.

MrsORichSenior
11-12-2019, 11:37 PM
Pity you don't understand what anyone says.

Or rather, you choose to.

WUM.

Just trying to add some positivity mate. O:)

Rumination springs to mind.
Its the compulsively focused attention on the symptoms of one’s distress and on its possible causes and consequences as opposed to its solutions.
In layman’s terms it means you can’t stop thinking about the various aspects of a situation that are upsetting - eg Leeds United performances,players,tactics,coaching etc not being perfect.Joking apart someone did a Thesis on exactly that and the cultural effects it had on supporters of football teams.
Top of any League should be applauded,IMO.

Regarding understanding folks ?
I take exception to your opinion voiced.
I speak and understand ten languages which I put to good use - one use is helping the masses of Leeds United fans globally with all kinds of enquiries or obstacles they may encounter whether that be direct or via club involvement initiatives.
I'm proud to be part of a team helping other football club fans with 'legal dilemmas' in Britain and Europe.

I also recently answered a post by you regarding the Coaching of set pieces which you never bothered to acknowledge.

So WUM (your word) I am not,with respect - Just passing an opinion that obviously again may not be to your liking.
So I guess I'm off your Christmas card list - really sorry ................ but I'll take the advice of my match day friends (who don't bother to post anymore sadly on 'ere).

I'll keep on fighting .............

MOT

Jezleeds
12-12-2019, 11:09 AM
Wum

norfolk white
12-12-2019, 01:04 PM
Not that I want to get drawn into your bickering, and maybe I'm totally naive, but what is WUM?

leedsutdman
12-12-2019, 01:36 PM
It's what you call a muw going backwards.

norfolk white
12-12-2019, 02:25 PM
😂😂😂😂😂😂

Jezleeds
12-12-2019, 02:28 PM
Merchant up wind backwards

george_kaplan
12-12-2019, 03:56 PM
.........just like clockwork...........orange.