PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Day thought.

Dubbag
19-12-2019, 09:10 AM
I am working Christmas Day. 12 hour shift.
Anybody else working the day?

Joy_Division
19-12-2019, 10:38 AM
The days of me working on Christmas Day and Boxing Day are long gone thank heaven. Hospitals and Emergency services only in my opinion. All shops should be shut on both these days to give workers a proper Christmas with their families. I have had to work several Boxing Days in the past because they even open the law courts to deal with the scum who have committed crimes Christmas Eve and Christmas Day instead of keeping them locked up and extra day and night, but that would be against their human rights. :mad:
Christmas rant over.

rambaggie
19-12-2019, 11:03 AM
I’m on call ��

Baggies_Boy_Tony
19-12-2019, 11:08 AM
The days of me working on Christmas Day and Boxing Day are long gone thank heaven. Hospitals and Emergency services only in my opinion. All shops should be shut on both these days to give workers a proper Christmas with their families. I have had to work several Boxing Days in the past because they even open the law courts to deal with the scum who have committed crimes Christmas Eve and Christmas Day instead of keeping them locked up and extra day and night, but that would be against their human rights. :mad:
Christmas rant over.

And me Manny :?

mickd1961
19-12-2019, 11:15 AM
I have put up with my sister in law at our house for the whole of Xmas Day which makes the thought of 8 hours down a pit feel like a f king joy!

soulman101
19-12-2019, 11:32 AM
I sat down one Xmas just as my wife put the dinners on the table the phone rang. It was BT and had to go out on call, there was a fire in the Telephone exchange at one of the Hospitals .So i had go out, got back on Boxing day at 6pm. My wife understood, but wasn't very happy.

9goals2hattricks3pen
19-12-2019, 12:04 PM
Do any of you get 'very well paid' for giving up this special day? Years ago a guy I knew chose to do some maintenance work on the railways. He reckons the money he earned paid for a week away for the family in Spain.
Tough choice when you have young kids.

9goals2hattricks3pen
19-12-2019, 12:06 PM
I have put up with my sister in law at our house for the whole of Xmas Day which makes the thought of 8 hours down a pit feel like a f king joy!

If asked do you think sis in law would think the same?

soulman101
19-12-2019, 12:32 PM
Do any of you get 'very well paid' for giving up this special day? Years ago a guy I knew chose to do some maintenance work on the railways. He reckons the money he earned paid for a week away for the family in Spain.
Tough choice when you have young kids.
I got paid treble time and a days leave.