PDA

View Full Version : A question for Griff

Psaw2
23-12-2019, 12:27 PM
What would you like to see happen in the Labour party?

griff
24-12-2019, 07:19 PM
I’d like to see them elect a strong, charismatic leader that doesn’t shag owt with a pretty face and decent figure or Diane Abbott. He or she should hold the centre ground, not the far left or right, to bring most of the party onside. The person should respect everyone’s right to earn a decent wage - bosses and workers - and when in power (yes, I know) should target the work shy and other benefit scroungers whilst ensuring that those who DO deserve benefits get them quickly. He/she should also ensure that we control immigration properly for the first time. Enable immigration to fill the jobs that we can’t fill ourselves and restrict it to deter economic migration which is a curse that strips other nations of their talent. Stamp down on third country asylum seekers. Then move immigration and asylum out of the Home Office and co-locate it with the Education Department to ensure that our kids receive targeted education so that we can fill our own vacancies in future. Then other countries could keep their own doctors, nurses etc too.

For the next 5 years the person should doggedly scrutinise everything that Boris does and says and bring him to account in Parliament. Boris is a bomb waiting to go off and there will be many opportunities for the right person to make him look a right fool, though we’re stuck with him for 5 years. The Labour Leader should concentrate on any instance where those who voted for him but generally vote Labour are being let down, whether it’s about brexit, poor infrastructure outside London, HS2, investment in jobs etc.

That’ll do for a start.

Unfortunately, there is no such person in the Labour Party.

Psaw2
26-12-2019, 12:27 PM
Yes there is, Frank Field. I suppose hes too old now, I like him. Diane Abbott?, really? I see that you have Trump like instincts over immigration. That alone would make you toxic to the Labour party. Trump spends as much time defending himself as anything else, there is a concerted attack on him from day one.

Likewise with Boris, no matter what, he will be attacked, however flimsy the reason. He is flawed, so am I, as you are. Yet the stones are cast, presumably from saints.
On the positive side, he has inductive thinking, he can see a problem and a path to solve it almost immediately. With May in charge, and the rest of the Loons baying....look where we are now. Not only is he bright, but he makes fun of problems at the same time.

This gives the rest of us confidence that things will work out, and our anxieties contained, which is true true leadership. Now he is in charge, his true potential can be unleashed. An economic forecast has predicted 10 years of wealth, outstripping Germany.

He can see the future before it has happened. With those views you are not a labour man, you would be under Blair though. You could do worse than him. A lot worse. A democratic, centre left party is impossible at the moment, if Rebecca Wrong Daily takes over, nothing will change.

Are you actively influencing your local party? Momentum needs to be opposed, are you bothered... I would be in your shoes.

Jimbo. p.s, is there more?

Psaw2
27-12-2019, 12:56 PM
You were right. Johnson has relaxed treasury rules that kept investment in the south. I am shocked.

griff
27-12-2019, 09:15 PM
As I’ve kept telling anyone who’ll listen, per capita spending foe England has been highest in London for 50 years, despite generating enormous economy of scale. Gross inequality staring everyone in the face for decades, and only Boris has chosen to act on it - because he owes us.

howoldboy
27-12-2019, 09:27 PM
As I’ve kept telling anyone who’ll listen, per capita spending foe England has been highest in London for 50 years, despite generating enormous economy of scale. Gross inequality staring everyone in the face for decades, and only Boris has chosen to act on it - because he owes us.

Who is this "us" you talk of Griff?

griff
27-12-2019, 10:56 PM
Since you ask, everyone outside London.

Psaw2
30-12-2019, 01:43 PM
Johnson is not responsible for that rule. Id like to bring to your attention that the bias towards the sarf was in force during Labours tenure. Brown saw fit not to change it, or those before.

You should be grateful Johnson changed it. Now can I have a negative comment in regards to messy eater Brown?

Or is it just the Tories. People notice things like this, and it exposes you to your one eyed unfairness, and works against you. By the yawning chasm of 80 seats.

griff
30-12-2019, 03:28 PM
Johnson is not responsible for that rule.

Correct

Id like to bring to your attention that the bias towards the sarf was in force during Labours tenure.

Correct

Brown saw fit not to change it, or those before.

Correct

You should be grateful Johnson changed it.

I already am. So long as he sticks to it.

Now can I have a negative comment in regards to messy eater Brown?

He’s a Scottish idiot.

Or is it just the Tories.

No.

People notice things like this, and it exposes you to your one eyed unfairness, and works against you. By the yawning chasm of 80 seats.

What unfairness? I voted TORY, remember?

Purple heeded myope.