PDA

View Full Version : The high value asset that is Brunton Park

Total Idiot
27-12-2019, 11:41 PM
Please be aware of my user name.

Right, it is obvious that the respected professionals including valuers, auditors and the 1921 Chief Executive, whose core skills are in accountancy, have got the valuation of freehold land and buildings correct or perhaps they have even under-valued these assets. Indeed because accountants have to take a fundamentally low end of a valuation range it is quite possible that the £8.3 million valuation of 1921's land and buildings is pessimistically low. I expect that the real value, what these assets are actually worth on the open market, may be at least £9 million or possibly even £10 million.

There are folk who have totally legitimate suspicions about the motives of a well known head of a consortium plotting to gain ownership of the club, run it out of existence and emerge from the situation owning the 1921 land and buildings. This seems to me to be a very profitable thing to do, the land being suitable for the erection (so to speak) of houses and business premises. Planning permission would be no problem because the land is never going to be at risk of flooding. There is no restrictive covenant on the use of Brunton Park. This person's evil scheme must be thwarted at all costs.

Please support the current Holdings shareholders, who through Holdings own 93% of 1921, where the real action is. Any alternative to the current ownership would be inferior both in terms of ability to run the club and also inferior in terms of ethics.

Once again be aware of my user name.