PDA

View Full Version : The end of an era ?

sinkov
12-01-2020, 11:35 PM
My man on the inside at Turf Moor tells me that Roy is retiring at the end of the season, and his replacement at Palace will be our Sean. No ifs, no buts, all done and dusted already, he's gone. Probably.

The Bedlington Terrier
13-01-2020, 06:25 AM
Our fellow Burnley fans are openly turning on him.

Time to go.

ClaretinBudapest
13-01-2020, 08:18 AM
Does not surprise me-at least they back their manager.

outwoodclaret
13-01-2020, 10:34 AM
E
Our fellow Burnley fans are openly turning on him.

Time to go.

Don’t include me in that BT. Dyche is still the right man in charge for me.

Attilla
13-01-2020, 10:41 AM
E

Don’t include me in that BT. Dyche is still the right man in charge for me.

Nor I , we need a unified change of direction in terms of playing style rather than a change of manager.

The Bedlington Terrier
13-01-2020, 10:55 AM
Howe's running out of steam whilst SD is running out of ideas.

It's a brutal business is the EPL.

sinkov
13-01-2020, 11:29 AM
Should this come to pass, and I'm assured it will, there is an obvious move ahead for one of our players. Zaha has made no secret of his wish to leave Palace this summer, and with £50/£70 million burning a hole in his pocket, Sean will have no problem persuading our board to let Dwight McNeil join him at Palace.

The Bedlington Terrier
13-01-2020, 12:16 PM
Nothing stays the same sinkov, except our penchant for selling our young star players.

Be a sad day when SD jumps on Do One Airlines...

barrie_burn
13-01-2020, 12:42 PM
I'm always worried about Burnley,inevitable I suppose in view of our size and what has happened to a lot of our neighbours.I'm a little bit worried now in view of our current league position although I think we'll be ok come the end of the season.Norwich are gone,Aston Villa are poor now McGinn and Heaton are injured and Bournemouth are in freefall.I feel a bit sorry for Eddie because they have been crippled this season with injuries.

Maybe Sean thinks his time is up,personally I hope he stays,but I see changes coming at the end of the season whatever happens.McNeil has to go for the sake of his career but in view of the current ridiculous market I would ask for quite a bit more than the rumoured £35 million.What the situation is with Gibson I have no idea but BT has intimated that he is off for £16 million.Wells will leave and,in view of his age,Bardsley will be released and Hart HAS to go somewhere.

We will then be at a crossroads,£50 million plus added to the Bank balance but we will need a new right back and the midfield needs sorting out.Do you want Sean to deal with that situation or a new manager.If it is a new Manager boy do we have to get the appointment right.Michael Duff is doing well at Cheltenham but he is inexperienced.You may be a sensible football man with a good background but can you spend the money we have on the right players,that is a huge responsibilty.Get it wrong and we are on the slide.

I think I must enjoy the worry.Am I looking forward to the next game or am I dreading it,in all honesty I don't know.

1959_60
13-01-2020, 04:38 PM
I'm always worried about Burnley,inevitable I suppose in view of our size and what has happened to a lot of our neighbours.I'm a little bit worried now in view of our current league position although I think we'll be ok come the end of the season.Norwich are gone,Aston Villa are poor now McGinn and Heaton are injured and Bournemouth are in freefall.I feel a bit sorry for Eddie because they have been crippled this season with injuries.

Maybe Sean thinks his time is up,personally I hope he stays,but I see changes coming at the end of the season whatever happens.McNeil has to go for the sake of his career but in view of the current ridiculous market I would ask for quite a bit more than the rumoured £35 million.What the situation is with Gibson I have no idea but BT has intimated that he is off for £16 million.Wells will leave and,in view of his age,Bardsley will be released and Hart HAS to go somewhere.

We will then be at a crossroads,£50 million plus added to the Bank balance but we will need a new right back and the midfield needs sorting out.Do you want Sean to deal with that situation or a new manager.If it is a new Manager boy do we have to get the appointment right.Michael Duff is doing well at Cheltenham but he is inexperienced.You may be a sensible football man with a good background but can you spend the money we have on the right players,that is a huge responsibilty.Get it wrong and we are on the slide.

I think I must enjoy the worry.Am I looking forward to the next game or am I dreading it,in all honesty I don't know.

Well said Barrie.

I agree with all that.

outwoodclaret
14-01-2020, 08:40 AM
Whether Sean stays or leaves for pastures new remains to be seen but irrespective of that decision there needs to be some injection of new faces and not just any faces into the team. If Sean is leaving then part of his legacy should be to leave behind a Premier League club and that will be a much more attractive prospect for any successor. If there is in fact no investment during this window that will tell us as fans exactly what the Board think about our future.

1959_60
16-01-2020, 09:22 AM
Sean won't be here forever and it will be almost impossible to find another manager who is so in tune with our club both emotionally and financially. After our first promotion under him he insisted on spending the money on Barnfield, without which we would be a much less attractive club. I struggle to think of a current known manager who would have done this.

Any "name" will insist on spending heavily on the team which could put our financial future in jeopardy.
So we would have to employ a more or less unknown manager and hope for the best.
The good news is that the people who run our club have proved very adept and I am sure that they have a succession plan for when Sean leaves.

But I am not at all convinced that he will leave. We shall see.

sinkov
16-01-2020, 10:13 PM
The good news is that the people who run our club have proved very adept and I am sure that they have a succession plan for when Sean leaves.

It's perfectly clear to most fans now 59, they they don't have a plan for while he's here, so what makes you think they have a plan for when he leaves ?

The Bedlington Terrier
17-01-2020, 07:45 AM
It's perfectly clear to most fans now 59, they they don't have a plan for while he's here, so what makes you think they have a plan for when he leaves ?

The "plan" seems to be to trouser as much money from the EPL experience as we can and let the devil take care of the rest.

Altobelli
17-01-2020, 01:44 PM
The good news is that the people who run our club have proved very adept and I am sure that they have a succession plan for when Sean leaves..

There’s another one I might be able to sell a bridge crossing the Thames too XD

Altobelli
17-01-2020, 01:52 PM
The "plan" seems to be to trouser as much money from the EPL experience as we can and let the devil take care of the rest.

And we all know that the Devil will eat up all the money we’ve stored once we leave the PL and it will probably be many years (if at all) before we return to the money league, they have let BFC down, along with the fans, it has been such a disrespectful waste.

The Bedlington Terrier
17-01-2020, 02:25 PM
And we all know that the Devil will eat up all the money we’ve stored once we leave the PL and it will probably be many years (if at all) before we return to the money league, they have let BFC down, along with the fans, it has been such a disrespectful waste.

The real tragedy is that we have the nucleus of a proper EPL team Alto.

Stan's blind man on a galloping horse can see we need to strengthen our right hand flank and we must have ready to go reinforcements for our midfield.

Garlick's no dummy, Dyche is no dummy, so WTF is going on?

Altobelli
17-01-2020, 04:03 PM
IMO, like I have said on another thread BT, Garlick may be good with his own business ventures but being a Football Chairman is obviously not his bag, “if” there is another agenda from Management (which I doubt)then I could only see it being fraudulent to suit some folks pockets, as I still maintain they are naive and or frightened/tightfisted to give it a go.