PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Cup Weekend

ALBERTZ_11
13-01-2020, 05:20 PM
I hope Queens get a game somewhere this weekend, as they are out of the Scottish Cup, to keep them ticking over, as they'll not have played in 3 weeks if they don't.

jardi
13-01-2020, 09:24 PM
I hope Queens get a game somewhere this weekend, as they are out of the Scottish Cup, to keep them ticking over, as they'll not have played in 3 weeks if they don't.

I agree Albertz, - even if it's a non contact bounce game with local teams.

Francis_begbie_HFC
13-01-2020, 11:55 PM
I agree Albertz, - even if it's a non contact bounce game with local teams.

reserves v first team ,id mix it about a bit tho .

jardi
14-01-2020, 10:01 AM
Lots of options, - which I'm sure the manager will have under control.

I would add though that it would make sense to play at Palmerston with two home games coming up, - allowing all the players to understand the pace and bounce of the pitch and giving them an advantage over our opposition.

aloreburn
14-01-2020, 10:32 AM
Lots of options, - which I'm sure the manager will have under control.

I would add though that it would make sense to play at Palmerston with two home games coming up, - allowing all the players to understand the pace and bounce of the pitch and giving them an advantage over our opposition.

Nobody can understand the pace and bounce of that pitch unfortunately. It needs ripped up & replaced with a grass one.

Andybroon
14-01-2020, 11:08 AM
Nobody can understand the pace and bounce of that pitch unfortunately. It needs ripped up & replaced with a grass one.

Have you played on it??. I have quite afew times and its really not as bad as everyone is making out. Put a grass pitch down then we lose money as we can't hire it out.

jardi
14-01-2020, 04:57 PM
The debate about grass is well understood and accepted by all, - and it would be utter lunacy to return to grass, - regardless of how much we would love it.

The fact is we have a plastic pitch that requires to be mastered by the players, and this is a golden opportunity to do just that.

aloreburn
14-01-2020, 05:24 PM
The debate about grass is well understood and accepted by all, - and it would be utter lunacy to return to grass, - regardless of how much we would love it.

The fact is we have a plastic pitch that requires to be mastered by the players, and this is a golden opportunity to do just that.

I’m still mystified how a ball can bobble on a flat plastic pitch. Watch closely next Saturday v Alloa.

arrol1919
16-01-2020, 08:04 PM
Rangers will play Queen of the South at Ibrox in a closed door friendly on Saturday.

Rangers players that don’t feature on Friday will play a part on Saturday to keep the fitness up for preparation of the league restart next midweek

ALBERTZ_11
16-01-2020, 08:47 PM
Should be a decent test...