PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts from the game at QPR

hopelesslyoptimistic
20-01-2020, 01:21 PM
Very quick post now I have got over Saturday.

First, there is no way we should have lost that game - what needs addressing is that we all say too many times we should have won that game and we don’t. I wonder how much accountability Bielsa has to justify not making changes - genius as he undoubtably is. We need to get out of this league and anything and everything that might allow us to do so should be on the table.

Bamford has improved beyond recognition from last season and a reliable goal scorer he will never be. Never mind the penalty he had three of four other chances and couldn’t hit the target.

For all our dominance we look stale in the final third and as if we follow drills rather than playing heads up make a decision football.

We hardly ever shoot from distance even when we have the opportunity to do so which makes our attacking play more predictable.

It is time for MB and team to earn their money and learn from last year and find answers to these problems.

Last 15 mins at QPR was very quiet from us on the terraces as everyone at the ground understood we would never ever score.

Finally, teams seem to time waste and get niggly with us as a tactic now. Pablo and Costa seem to get fouled on and off the ball and a lot of it is missed- couple that with variable referring and .....

Rev72
20-01-2020, 01:36 PM
And I was just starting to get over it......

hopelesslyoptimistic
20-01-2020, 02:54 PM
And I was just starting to get over it......

Was sat in the QPR close to the away fans and even the QPR fans around us were commenting that our energy and possession were impressive (even though it was nowhere near what it can be) and that Bamford is unbelievably C rap in front of goal.

Pablo was three seconds ahead of anyone else in his reading of the game but not sure he will cope at his age with the Championship next season if we don’t go up.

Other bright spots were Costa, White and Alioski and the fact the players on the pitch seemed as frustrated as the rest of us.

Billyni
20-01-2020, 06:19 PM
Welcome to the world of those who have known this since end of last season.

hopelesslyoptimistic
20-01-2020, 06:50 PM
Welcome to the world of those who have known this since end of last season.

Hmmmn have been saying since Jan 2019 that Bamford isn’t the one and we need a decent goal scorer. Very impressed by how much has improved but would rather rely on my gran to score than Bamford when it really matters as she had true Yorkshire steel coursing through her veins.

Between MB, Orta and Radz they need to work out how to cover that gap. If Adams isnt coming then try to grab someone like Watkins but FFS do it now.

pete1967b
20-01-2020, 07:10 PM
Hmmmn have been saying since Jan 2019 that Bamford isn’t the one and we need a decent goal scorer. Very impressed by how much has improved but would rather rely on my gran to score than Bamford when it really matters as she had true Yorkshire steel coursing through her veins.

Between MB, Orta and Radz they need to work out how to cover that gap. If Adams isnt coming then try to grab someone like Watkins but FFS do it now.

Agree with you mate, not easy though, and i still think he will play Bamford first, he is used to how we play, be nice to have back up though, our bench has been weak to say the least.

WTF11
20-01-2020, 07:33 PM
Agree with you mate, not easy though, and i still think he will play Bamford first, he is used to how we play, be nice to have back up though, our bench has been weak to say the least.

Oh, so NOW and in THIS thread, you're prepared to voice criticism, that we might not have a striker capable of justifying the name, how refreshing. What's that "support the team" FFS!!!!! F00KING HYPOCRITE, March on on your own, tw4t!

Jezleeds
20-01-2020, 07:34 PM

We did have a back-up though. He scored 4 times before September 15th, but didn't start a game until late December.

Why did we let him go? Whose decision was that?

pete1967b
20-01-2020, 07:38 PM
We did have a back-up though. He scored 4 times before September 15th, but didn't start a game until late December.

Why did we let him go? Whose decision was that?

It was Arsenals decision, Arteta has said how much Eddie has improved from being around MB and the players.

pete1967b
20-01-2020, 07:42 PM
Oh, so NOW and in THIS thread, you're prepared to voice criticism, that we might not have a striker capable of justifying the name, how refreshing. What's that "support the team" FFS!!!!! F00KING HYPOCRITE, March on on your own, tw4t!

Not criticism by any stretch of the imagination, these are facts that everyone knows, however Bamford has been brilliant apart from not scoring, THAT is why he continues to play, my thought of the lads on the bench are because of inexperience. and i will march on my own never been a problem, keep swearing and being aggressive behind your keyboard if it makes you feel the hard man petal.

Jezleeds
20-01-2020, 09:23 PM
It was Arsenals decision, Arteta has said how much Eddie has improved from being around MB and the players.

Yeah but they decided because he didn't get enough game time.

Whose decision was that? From mid September on he barely got minutes, but he'd outscored everyone in the division at that point against minutes played. He'll go on to play for England in the next two years. I just hope we don't live to regret it. On the positive, hopefully the noise about Gray or others comes to pass but it leaves me wondering if other decisions being made about game time will bite us too. I didn't understand Stevens coming on on Saturday instead of Shackleton too - every time the latter has played he's made us more attacking and given us more penetration going forward.

WTF11
20-01-2020, 10:15 PM
Not criticism by any stretch of the imagination, these are facts that everyone knows, however Bamford has been brilliant apart from not scoring, THAT is why he continues to play, my thought of the lads on the bench are because of inexperience. and i will march on my own never been a problem, keep swearing and being aggressive behind your keyboard if it makes you feel the hard man petal.

An attacker who doesn't score, "brilliant apart from not scoring", you couldn't make up sh1t like that.

As for "swearing and being aggresive", what are you, a girl? I have no need of pretense, hard or otherwise, and as for being aggressive, you don't know the meaning of the word.

pete1967b
20-01-2020, 10:21 PM
An attacker who doesn't score, "brilliant apart from not scoring", you couldn't make up sh1t like that.

As for "swearing and being aggresive", what are you, a girl? I have no need of pretense, hard or otherwise, and as for being aggressive, you don't know the meaning of the word.

Wow, P R I C K

WTF11
20-01-2020, 10:27 PM
Wow, P R I C K

Wonderful come back, absolutely incredible. Your ability to use capitals and.the space bar, v intimidating.

Rev72
20-01-2020, 11:17 PM

And yet the selfish b@stard still took him back!