PDA

View Full Version : Stoke v Swans

jackaway
22-01-2020, 10:15 PM
Strange one this. Stoke brimming with talent but hovering just above the relegation zone. Of course they like playing us and had their first win of the season here at the Liberty 1-2 in October, a 90th min goal by their sub Hogan.
Ex-Swans Allen and Clucas in midfield for them and Murphy’s law Stoke are just finding some form as we are about to play them, after winning 0-1 at leaders WBA on Mon night!

Estoban
25-01-2020, 05:53 AM
Joe Rodon back from injury and is in contention for the Stoke match after resuming training this week.
I wouldn’t like to see him rushed back, they did that to Mike Van der Hoorn and he’s now out long term.
Jordan Garrick also back in training but a bit early for him to be considered for today.

jackaway
27-01-2020, 12:18 AM
How disappointing was that. Beaten 2-0 by lowly Stoke, and annoyingly Clucas scores again. Even with 62% possession, 11 corners, 11 shots on goal we couldn’t score, unbelievable.
It was a reshuffled back four, with Guehi in at centre-back for his league debut alongside Cabango, two rookies. Not sure if Wilmot was carrying a knock but he was dropped to the subs bench. Naughton ill and couldn’t play, Bidwell replaced him.
We started of brightly but failed to score. second half Stoke had the upper hand and we conceded two weak goals, same old story.

Estoban
31-01-2020, 07:54 AM
Stoke has become a bit of a bogey side for us, glad I didn’t go. It’s a pity Allen and Clucas didn’t show the same determination and commitment when they played for us. They’ve both been poor all season in a poor Stoke side, but against us in both games they were absolutely desperate to play well and over celebrating when scoring against former clubs is in bad taste as far as I’m concerned. It is disrespectful and just shows their true character I think.