PDA

View Full Version : Sunderland Connection

magpie2k4
07-02-2020, 09:14 AM
There might be some type of connection made with Sunderland. I’m not sure how to add links here, but the article is from a Sunderland perspective and can be found with google.

60YearsAPie
07-02-2020, 09:26 AM
There might be some type of connection made with Sunderland. I’m not sure how to add links here, but the article is from a Sunderland perspective and can be found with google.

Here's the link.

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2020/2/7/21127005/roker-roundup-are-sunderland-set-to-loan-out-their-best-young-prospects-to-notts-county

Elite_Pie
07-02-2020, 10:16 AM
Here's the link.

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2020/2/7/21127005/roker-roundup-are-sunderland-set-to-loan-out-their-best-young-prospects-to-notts-county

I wonder if manager Neal Eardley will confirm it?

BanjoPie
07-02-2020, 10:39 AM
Bringing in players on loan from Sunderland who must be playing at the expense of contracted players may well cause resentment and unrest in the squad. Just what we F-in need !

We may as well get rid of all those players who are not in the 1st team squad if we do this everytime we have a few injuries!

DelroyFacey22
07-02-2020, 05:24 PM
Nobody is going to say they want their players to go out and not play games, just as it's A- unlikely we'd bring them in to not play games and B- unlikely we'd tell their parent club we planned on not playing them. It's kind of how loans work. Quite often they can be quite cheap and a way of getting a better look at someone on a short term loan with a view to a longer loan or buying them too.

PedroTheFisherman66
08-02-2020, 05:53 AM
Bringing in players on loan from Sunderland who must be playing at the expense of contracted players may well cause resentment and unrest in the squad. Just what we F-in need !

We may as well get rid of all those players who are not in the 1st team squad if we do this everytime we have a few injuries!

This....!
It's time as a club we look to the future and develop our youth team players instead of short term fixes...!
Said this before this is one of NA's faults...
He loves the Oap's or other clubs youngsters...must make our youngsters feel like world beaters..!

DaveSmithRules
08-02-2020, 09:25 AM
It will be a crying shame if Osborne doesn't get games for us. But it's horses for courses with youth team players.

Kyle Wootton is a good example of a young player we got in on loan who is now ours. Better than any youth team forward we've developed for the last decade (with the possible exception of Kion Etete if he fulfils his potential at Spurs).

If we use the loan system like that (or to get another Grealish) it's a great move.

queenslandpie
08-02-2020, 09:49 AM
It will be a crying shame if Osborne doesn't get games for us. But it's horses for courses with youth team players.

Kyle Wootton is a good example of a young player we got in on loan who is now ours. Better than any youth team forward we've developed for the last decade (with the possible exception of Kion Etete if he fulfils his potential at Spurs).

If we use the loan system like that (or to get another Grealish) it's a great move.

Kyle Wootton is an exception to the rule. Notts' have used the loan system desperately at times and I have been extremely impressed at our avoidance of it more recently. We do have a lot of injuries but the Sunderland players will be loans only and go back if they materialise. I would prefer we don't get loans in and experiment a bit. It might be the making of Ardley.....