PDA

View Full Version : Will Leeds United gain promotion to the Premier League? | The Debate

ozleeds
13-02-2020, 07:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO35t-mgKi0

pete1967b
13-02-2020, 08:03 PM
This was taken before the Brentford game,

Yes we can/will get promoted

alfinyalcabo
13-02-2020, 08:46 PM
It's in your own hands .

ozleeds
13-02-2020, 08:52 PM
Yeah we all know it's in our hands thats what worries me lol.
It's funny how they see it as we are mostly on the same lvl here but club sees things diffrent.

Acido
13-02-2020, 08:52 PM
I always knew you were/are a secret Leeds & Yorkshire fan uncle Alf. And in this day and age, its nice to see you finally 'come out' and admit this.
Well done sir, three cheers for you. XD

alfinyalcabo
13-02-2020, 09:56 PM
Yeah we all know it's in our hands thats what worries me lol.
It's funny how they see it as we are mostly on the same lvl here but club sees things diffrent.

On the other hand , It could be in Coco's hands..:D

WTF11
13-02-2020, 10:12 PM
On the other hand , It could be in Coco's hands..:D

Please God no!

norfolk white
13-02-2020, 10:14 PM
If it's in Coco's hands we're doomed😥😥😥

Billyni
13-02-2020, 10:17 PM
The mighty whites will always be a topic for debate.
We’re not famous any more.
MOT.

BelfastAndy
13-02-2020, 10:37 PM
Heart of hearts don't think so. Hopefully Im wrong and just been influenced by Rev.....

Billyni
13-02-2020, 10:40 PM
Heart of hearts don't think so. Hopefully Im wrong and just been influenced by Rev.....

Neg neg negg >:)

Dalek_Sec
13-02-2020, 10:44 PM
I have read other threds on here - but will comment just in one place.

As Greavsie used to say..."Football is a funny old game"!

We can gain automatic promotion. it all comes down to the confidence of the players and the attitude.

Mental strength and belief is key.

OK - sometimes you get a bad result - but that does not turn you into a bad team. What makes a good team is the ability to bounce back from adverse results.

Regain the confidence. Keep playing football - that will be key to when we get back into the Premier League. Sheff Utd have done this- they believe in the way they play to bring results.

all it will take is 2 to 3 games to win - and then there should be a feeling of arrogance that every game should be won to enter the psyche of the players.

The players are good enough - they just need to rediscover the winning habit they had together.

Maybe even a back to basics training practice to score goals into an empty net to rediscover the distinctive sound of the ball hitting the net and the joy that brings. To true goalscorers, this is a sound that is full of joy and never tiresome.

Billyni
13-02-2020, 10:54 PM
I have read other threds on here - but will comment just in one place.

As Greavsie used to say..."Football is a funny old game"!

We can gain automatic promotion. it all comes down to the confidence of the players and the attitude.

Mental strength and belief is key.

OK - sometimes you get a bad result - but that does not turn you into a bad team. What makes a good team is the ability to bounce back from adverse results.

Regain the confidence. Keep playing football - that will be key to when we get back into the Premier League. Sheff Utd have done this- they believe in the way they play to bring results.

all it will take is 2 to 3 games to win - and then there should be a feeling of arrogance that every game should be won to enter the psyche of the players.

The players are good enough - they just need to rediscover the winning habit they had together.

Maybe even a back to basics training practice to score goals into an empty net to rediscover the distinctive sound of the ball hitting the net and the joy that brings. To true goalscorers, this is a sound that is full of joy and never tiresome.

It seems to work for our opposition. Hitting the ball into an empty net.:O

costa_blanca_white
14-02-2020, 06:08 AM
If Casilla is dropped & Big Kev or someone - anyone starts hitting the back of the net then absolutely yes !!

LeedsFTW
14-02-2020, 07:32 AM
I believe we will be promoted. We have had our bad patch and our run in is favourable. Hopefully Augustin will be up to speed and will take some pressure off Bamford

Rev72
14-02-2020, 10:53 AM

How very dare you!

You should know by now its always WTF11's fault :D

Really hope we do go up but I think its a 50/50..if we don't go up then I will lay the blame at the door of the board and their lack of hindsight into what everyone can see.

Rev72
14-02-2020, 10:59 AM
Neg neg negg >:)

oink oink oink :O

WTF11
14-02-2020, 11:21 AM
How very dare you!

You should know by now its always WTF11's fault :D

Really hope we do go up but I think its a 50/50..if we don't go up then I will lay the blame at the door of the board and their lack of hindsight into what everyone can see.

Thanks Rev, nice to know someone is on my side!😏

Oranje White
14-02-2020, 11:24 AM
Bielsa's stubbornness has cost us. Kiko has cost us. Poor finishing has cost us. Injuries have cost us. Referees have cost us. Being unable to turn dominance into wins have cost us. The gypsy curse has cost us. Incredible bad luck has cost us. Playing players out of position has cost us. So......yeah....what could possibly go wrong between now and our last game?!

hopelesslyoptimistic
14-02-2020, 12:00 PM
Despite the dramas we are still in second. The teams we have left to play are largely below the top 6 and those we should expect to beat.

The performance against Brentford this week was good and the players looked at it. I was at Brentford away last year and we were shot.

The bookies have us going up and it is now up to Bielsa and the players to do what is needed.

We also need to remember that without Bielsa it is very unlikely that this squad of players would be in the top 6 let alone second.

We are going up!

Rev72
14-02-2020, 12:18 PM
I always knew you were/are a secret Leeds & Yorkshire fan uncle Alf. And in this day and age, its nice to see you finally 'come out' and admit this.
Well done sir, three cheers for you. XD

Burnley's very own 'Phillip Schofield' :O

bathlad61
14-02-2020, 01:16 PM
Promotion still really possible - but club needs to do its own hard work first, getting the 3 points - anything that helps the cause after this, is a bonus. So far results have gone mainly our way - but the " get out of jail card " wont last forever.

spaldy
14-02-2020, 01:18 PM
sad to say but our promotion hopes likely rest on the FA.

if they ban kiki long enough to establish that Meslier can do the job we go up. If he comes in and does the job MB will not pull him out. that's his pattern on player managment.

if we don't we end up in the playoffs with kiki as our keep.

we all know how that ends up.

Jezleeds
14-02-2020, 01:25 PM
It's in your own hands .

What worries me is that it's in Coco's hands.

Until Wednesday at least.

Jezleeds
14-02-2020, 01:28 PM
What worries me is that it's in Coco's hands.

Until Wednesday at least.

Ah didn't realise several others had already made that joke.

I don't want to offer an opinion on promotion. I'm still upset from last May.

Rev72
14-02-2020, 02:28 PM
Ah didn't realise several others had already made that joke.

I don't want to offer an opinion on promotion. I'm still upset from last May.

You need to man up Jez lad!

*Starts sobbing when thinking about last May*

UbiqueLUFC33
14-02-2020, 05:16 PM
We are only 2 players away from being a team that could cruise to promotion.

Unfortunately those 2 players are in arguably the most important positions of striker and goalkeeper. If Coco gets banned and Barndoor either suddenly remembers where the goal is or, more likely, gets injured in a freak yachting accident, then we may still be in with a chance.

ozleeds
14-02-2020, 06:25 PM
We are only 2 players away from being a team that could cruise to promotion.

Unfortunately those 2 players are in arguably the most important positions of striker and goalkeeper. If Coco gets banned and Barndoor either suddenly remembers where the goal is or, more likely, gets injured in a freak yachting accident, then we may still be in with a chance.

Our midfield isn't traveling too well, also early on I think before Foreshaw got injured we were in cruise control and Phillips was playing well, then it went downhill Foreshaw went and Phillips form disintegrated so much so that he started throwing his legs around and another mention is Pablo he is just not the same since he came back from injury.
So I have to disagree that we are more than 2 players short of romping promotion. I'm still in the camp we will miss altogether:(

Pacaman
17-02-2020, 04:19 PM
100% Yes

Nobody doubts it do they? 🤣

george_kaplan
17-02-2020, 08:28 PM
100% Yes

Nobody doubts it do they? 🤣

Nup I don’t :D I agree we are at long last going to make it this year mate.

I also like your comment about getting in before the dirty durby game! Better still getting over the line at that game.

Creamsville.......B)

Pacaman
17-02-2020, 09:06 PM
Nup I don’t :D I agree we are at long last going to make it this year mate.

I also like your comment about getting in before the dirty durby game! Better still getting over the line at that game.

Creamsville.......B)

That would just be so incredible George. Bring it on

alfinyalcabo
17-02-2020, 10:05 PM
God help the premier league if Dirty Leeds get promoted. They will have to widen the turnstiles to get all those arrogant deluded big headed phookers through them.. ;)

Jezleeds
18-02-2020, 08:25 AM
God help the premier league if Dirty Leeds get promoted. They will have to widen the turnstiles to get all those arrogant deluded big headed phookers through them.. ;)

I just hope our players' emotional needs are catered for if it happens, Alf.

They're going to face so much positive reinforcement on social media and in their real lives - as long as the club appoints a positive reinforcement counsellor i'm hopeful we can get through it together.

cherrypie7
18-02-2020, 12:15 PM
This statement is factually accurate. If Leeds get promoted to the Premier league, one way indeed of expediting the hordes of us Dirty Leeds fans into Elland Road is by widening the turnstiles. Not completely certain what "phookers" are though. Are they peacocks?

george_kaplan
18-02-2020, 05:57 PM
I just hope our players' emotional needs are catered for if it happens, Alf.

They're going to face so much positive reinforcement on social media and in their real lives - as long as the club appoints a positive reinforcement counsellor i'm hopeful we can get through it together.

Very good Jez :)

Actually I happen to know of a certain, errr qualified sole to fill that position! Now please tell me why are you here??!! It’s not because of the football is it?

Jezleeds
19-02-2020, 12:13 AM
Very good Jez :)

Actually I happen to know of a certain, errr qualified sole to fill that position! Now please tell me why are you here??!! It’s not because of the football is it?

I feel like i could do a good job - but i may end up upsetting people by not validating their confected and and self-evidenced victimhood enough.

God knows, it's important to do that properly. Otherwise we could all end up self-reliant and resilient, and who the h ell would want that George eh? Society would improve. Things would work. People would cope. It would be an absolute nightmare.

george_kaplan
19-02-2020, 01:53 AM
How extraordinary mate, helping ourselves and coping? I’m going to bring that up with my therapist next visit. :)
I’ve never been right since I was dropped from the cribbage team. No one came round, to lend me a hand. :(

Jezleeds
19-02-2020, 09:49 AM
How extraordinary mate, helping ourselves and coping? I’m going to bring that up with my therapist next visit. :)
I’ve never been right since I was dropped from the cribbage team. No one came round, to lend me a hand. :(

I'm there for you in your cribbage pain George. It must have been awful. The team manager needs to go on a diversity course and be re-educated in picking everyone all the time no matter how badly they play.

But can we talk about me now? I really like talking about me and my journey. All the time.

I once lost a sock. It took me weeks to get over it and i went on social media over and over again looking for some validation and all i got was hatred. I spent hour after hour reading through all the hatred and it affected me so badly that i read more, just to feel like i was a part of something.

But then i got a like and l felt amazing. And then i didn't.

WTF11
19-02-2020, 10:22 AM
I'm there for you in your cribbage pain George. It must have been awful. The team manager needs to go on a diversity course and be re-educated in picking everyone all the time no matter how badly they play.

But can we talk about me now? I really like talking about me and my journey. All the time.

I once lost a sock. It took me weeks to get over it and i went on social media over and over again looking for some validation and all i got was hatred. I spent hour after hour reading through all the hatred and it affected me so badly that i read more, just to feel like i was a part of something.

But then i got a like and l felt amazing. And then i didn't.

I think this could run and run!XD

Jezleeds
19-02-2020, 10:56 AM
I think this could run and run!XD

Unlike Big Kev at the moment

Billyni
19-02-2020, 11:02 AM
Vinny Jones in todays paper says, "i pray to God that they dont **** it up"
Dont we all!

WTF11
19-02-2020, 11:04 AM
Unlike Big Kev at the moment

You is on fire man! XD

Billyni
19-02-2020, 11:08 AM
The girl beside me at the dinner table in school took my sausage one day.
Can't help having flashbacks.

Acido
20-02-2020, 10:59 PM
Burnley's very own 'Phillip Schofield' :O

Wow Rev, I dont think even Phil Scofield is that stupid, is he ? lol.
He might have the guts to ac*tually 'come out' etc...
But he would never have the boloni's to admit he likes kissing the foul smelling red rose of Lancysh*ite. XD

Rev72
21-02-2020, 11:47 AM
Wow Rev, I dont think even Phil Scofield is that stupid, is he ? lol.
He might have the guts to ac*tually 'come out' etc...
But he would never have the boloni's to admit he likes kissing the foul smelling red rose of Lancysh*ite. XD

Alf's an animal..the runt of the litter (I said runt :O) so nothing would surprise me with that filthy swine :)