PDA

View Full Version : UTD v Partick Thistle

weegiearab
07-03-2020, 08:03 AM
Thought I'd better get a thread started.

Thistle are fighting for their lives so it will be a tough game but we should have enough to see them off.

Line up- dunno, but at least 1 WTF ?

3-1 United win.....but will take anything with a decent performance!

Whitfieldarab
07-03-2020, 08:26 AM
2 - 1 Utd

Shankland x 2

A scrappy affair that Jobby will no doubt say they bossed.

tHeArAb
07-03-2020, 09:36 AM
We'll win this. Had a feeling we'd beat ICT and I have a feeling we'll win this. Both teams to score with us scraping it 2-1.

Skolcorner
07-03-2020, 10:47 AM
4-0 to United. A great performance full of silky soccer that has the fans in raptures and dispels any doubts about winning the league and confirms Robbie as the best man for the job. Actually, any win would do!

Yeats 62
07-03-2020, 12:49 PM
4-0 to United. A great performance full of silky soccer that has the fans in raptures and dispels any doubts about winning the league and confirms Robbie as the best man for the job. Actually, any win would do!

That started soooooooooo well, then, bang! reality check! :D

offshore_arab83
07-03-2020, 02:08 PM
team news

Benji
Smith Watson Connolly Reynolds (why)
(back/side passer) Powers, Harkes
McMullan, Pawlett (playing anywhere he wants) Bingham
Shankland

Get ready for a borefest ffs

tHeArAb
07-03-2020, 02:15 PM
Now not so sure we're gonna win looking at that.

shedka
07-03-2020, 02:21 PM
Butcher still missing with the injury :(

Sooner he is back the better, he was excellent vs Inverness and it made a difference especially once Harkes and McMullan replaced Powers and Pawlett

tHeArAb
07-03-2020, 02:21 PM
No pace/goal threat up the left. No creativity through the middle. A lot is gonna depend on McMullan & Bingham. Both if they're not on their game, are worse than a man short.

ballumbie_arab
07-03-2020, 02:32 PM
No pace/goal threat up the left. No creativity through the middle. A lot is gonna depend on McMullan & Bingham. Both if they're not on their game, are worse than a man short.

For me....McMullan lacks confidence again (having recaptured it during our unbeaten run late last year), which is a worry. The jury is still out on Bingham, and although he was good against ICT, was anonymous against Dunfermline. No idea what he was like at Ayr, but stats/results suggest not very good. We really have to win this today, stop the rot, and get confidence back, C’mon Utd!!

tHeArAb
07-03-2020, 03:22 PM
Powers with an absolute belter!! 1-0.

Only passes backwards or sideways though. 😉

Whitfieldarab
07-03-2020, 03:25 PM
Powers with an absolute belter!! 1-0.

Only passes backwards or sideways though. ��

Ssshhhh...... Pusshutter for a few. Well done Dillon.

offshore_arab83
07-03-2020, 03:46 PM
nae pus shutter, hes been pish for weeks, he's been decent today and his goal was outstanding

offshore_arab83
07-03-2020, 03:46 PM
McMullan though :blue:

offshore_arab83
07-03-2020, 03:49 PM
Need to keep this going, Partick should have been two up thankfully Brian Graham is still a donkey so he fluffed his shot, good save by Benji though!!

offshore_arab83
07-03-2020, 03:49 PM
ICT getting beat is great news too!

Whitfieldarab
07-03-2020, 03:56 PM
nae pus shutter, hes been pish for weeks, he's been decent today and his goal was outstanding

Of course it is. He's had a very good half along side Harkes. Not wasted a pass and scored a belter. Not bad for guy who should be playing with the OAP's on a Tuesday morning at the Fintry Community Centre.

tHeArAb
07-03-2020, 03:58 PM
McMullan needs to come off. He's ****ing brutal. Powers is making things look very easy. Harkes battling well. Shankland again tho, getting very little service from our so-called creative players Pawlett, McMullan & Bingham.
Been mostly Utd but we should've been 2 down was it not for Siegrist.

offshore_arab83
07-03-2020, 04:04 PM
Of course it is. He's had a very good half along side Harkes. Not wasted a pass and scored a belter. Not bad for guy who should be playing with the OAP's on a Tuesday morning at the Fintry Community Centre.

all i can say is about time!

offshore_arab83
07-03-2020, 04:05 PM
McMullan needs to come off. He's ****ing brutal. Powers is making things look very easy. Harkes battling well. Shankland again tho, getting very little service from our so-called creative players Pawlett, McMullan & Bingham.
Been mostly Utd but we should've been 2 down was it not for Siegrist.

Would take off McMullan for Glass

offshore_arab83
07-03-2020, 04:16 PM
stupid penalty to give away ffs

tHeArAb
07-03-2020, 04:20 PM
Wtf was he thinking of?

offshore_arab83
07-03-2020, 04:49 PM
Seriously worried at the fact we're not creating anything

no1arabbelfast
07-03-2020, 04:52 PM
Thank you Alloa.

Rather than being the best team in this league, I think we're just the least worst as we limp slowly to the title.

The only positive is that we might win the league at Dens at this rate!

offshore_arab83
07-03-2020, 04:56 PM
i cant see us beating anyone just now, never mind them

Arabknight
07-03-2020, 05:01 PM
Another god awful draw. Poor game. Quality lacking all over the pitch. Passing p iss poor. Reynolds LB again ffs!! Bt Inverness got beat and we drew so it’s all good. 🙈

pertharab
07-03-2020, 05:02 PM
Well that was p1sh!!

tHeArAb
07-03-2020, 05:06 PM
We simply have zero penetration. We huff & puff & get nowhere. Same old, every ****ing week just now. I'm lost for words on McMullan & Pawlett. They continue to put in the same **** shifts every single week they play. McMullan trying all his fancy flicks when he clearly just isn't good enough. Pawlett running with the ball and doing nothing with it. Neilson in the paper touting Appere for a Scotland call up but plays Pawlett instead. We're fortunate the rest of this league is ****e or we'd be throwing away. Guaranteed.

Chick A Saw
07-03-2020, 05:12 PM
Im not gonna knock Harkes for the showing he gave today as he was a shining light amongst some absolute dross today. But he should have taken his chance in the first half instead of trying to feed Sir L of Shanks!

tHeArAb
07-03-2020, 05:20 PM
He should've. He had a couple of opportunities tbf. He played well otherwise though.

offshore_arab83
07-03-2020, 05:34 PM
Harkes had a a great game, fought well. the forward line though, deary me

TerryTheTerror
07-03-2020, 05:37 PM
...the forward line though, deary me

It's a real head scratcher isn't it? We're missing Clark but McMullan and Appere are miles off what they were giving us at the start of the season.

offshore_arab83
07-03-2020, 05:44 PM
i don't really know how we line up M, with the exception of shankland its like they all just float about and there's no real formation

its poor as f uck and its clear as f uck to the majority its not working. We were screaming for width in January and yet we still didnt add to that position. Bingham and Appere would be better up top with Shanks, both wasted out wind

tHeArAb
07-03-2020, 06:02 PM
i don't really know how we line up M, with the exception of shankland its like they all just float about and there's no real formation

its poor as f uck and its clear as f uck to the majority its not working. We were screaming for width in January and yet we still didnt add to that position. Bingham and Appere would be better up top with Shanks, both wasted out wind

Yeah. Appere was awesome up front with Shankland at the start of the season. Shunted out wide when Clark came into the team then dropped when Pawlett came back. We need him up front again.

shedka
07-03-2020, 06:35 PM
Harkes had a a great game, fought well. the forward line though, deary me

Spot on, Harkes was great today

shedka
07-03-2020, 06:37 PM
Im not gonna knock Harkes for the showing he gave today as he was a shining light amongst some absolute dross today. But he should have taken his chance in the first half instead of trying to feed Sir L of Shanks!

Yes that was strange but otherwise liked his performance, the thing with Harkes is he is going to get better and physically too will get stronger, he is one who for me will grow with us and make the step up to the prem in his stride

the_arab
07-03-2020, 06:46 PM
They really need to get Harkes shooting practice. He gets a few chances a game and had a few today, he should be scoring a lot more goals than he does for us

offshore_arab83
07-03-2020, 06:59 PM
His shooting reminds me of Rankin unfortunately

the_arab
07-03-2020, 07:03 PM
His shooting reminds me of Rankin unfortunately

1 goal every 100 attempts 😂😭

cybershed
07-03-2020, 09:21 PM
Rankin scored today. Will look and see what colour the moon is the night.

B4 i go
07-03-2020, 09:38 PM
Squigler?

JamesMcClean
08-03-2020, 09:03 AM

Absolutely. Can’t understand how people will moan about how things have gotten scheite yet defend the one constant factor that appeared at coincidentally exactly the same time. Funny that.

TangerineDream
08-03-2020, 10:15 AM
Overall poor yesterday. Difficult to watch and extremely frustrating. No doubting that they all put in a lot of effort though.

Harkes was excellent , becoming one of our best players. Powers after a s.hite start was very good also. Superb goal, look forward to seeing it again. Is there a player there ? His corners were good also.

No easy watching this every week at the moment, let’s hope for a big improvement or it will be a mass clear out WHEN we go up.

offshore_arab83
08-03-2020, 10:49 AM
Overall poor yesterday. Difficult to watch and extremely frustrating. No doubting that they all put in a lot of effort though.

Harkes was excellent , becoming one of our best players. Powers after a s.hite start was very good also. Superb goal, look forward to seeing it again. Is there a player there ? His corners were good also.

No easy watching this every week at the moment, let’s hope for a big improvement or it will be a mass clear out WHEN we go up.

I agree with all you say except the part about them all putting in alot of effort, i never seen that from PP, Bingham or McMullan sadly...

TerryTheTerror
08-03-2020, 11:04 AM
At this time of the season it's always hard to win games, given what's to play for for every team asking with the shaft being stretched with injuries and form drops.

troonarab
08-03-2020, 11:25 AM
At this time of the season it's always hard to win games, given what's to play for for every team asking with the shaft being stretched with injuries and form drops.

After Tuesday I expected changes but the only one was Appéré and pawlett starting 2 players I could’ve seen dropped and include Bingham but why only 12 minutes for glass?,surely he can’t be any worse than the 3 above and why in the last transfer window did we no try and get better left back and left wing/sided players,we’ve been crying out for width for Robbies 3 transfer windows I’ve left mcmullan out as he’s trying to get back to fitness.Yet again Robbie believes we were good 😞.Que same old ****e next game so buckle up fellow Arabs cause this is as good as it gets till the seasons over 🧡🖤❤️

TangerineDream
08-03-2020, 01:19 PM
I agree with all you say except the part about them all putting in alot of effort, i never seen that from PP, Bingham or McMullan sadly...

I try not to pick out players in a negative sense post match but have to agree with you there Offshore with those three. Poor performances. McMullan in particular has the talent and skill, needs to start showing it again.

georgefoxposse1
09-03-2020, 05:40 AM
McMullan seemed totally disinterested (like Bingham) and there is a vibe from him that he won't be there next season.

TerryTheTerror
09-03-2020, 07:28 AM
McMullan seemed totally disinterested (like Bingham) and there is a vibe from him that he won't be there next season.

Hasn't he just signed a contract extension? I think it's more likely he's off form, let's be honest, that has happened before.

tHeArAb
09-03-2020, 08:47 AM
Hasn't he just signed a contract extension? I think it's more likely he's off form, let's be honest, that has happened before.

Yip. Here till summer 2021.

Noddydog
09-03-2020, 09:07 AM

I think thats about right. The positives I thought was that there was a general all round improvement, other than those three, who were, unfortunately, the ones we were relying on to create. Would like to see Glass and Appere start next week. Not sure what options we have wide right, if Mochrie can play there, I might start him too, otherwise maybe tweak the formation and use Smith as a wingback (this might mean using Power, Butcher and Harkes together again, but I would use butcher deeper and keep the other 2 fairly central but more advanced, and try to get the width from Smith/Appere. Bit lopsided but might work if we keep the three centre halfs in there)

offshore_arab83
09-03-2020, 10:37 AM
I think thats about right. The positives I thought was that there was a general all round improvement, other than those three, who were, unfortunately, the ones we were relying on to create. Would like to see Glass and Appere start next week. Not sure what options we have wide right, if Mochrie can play there, I might start him too, otherwise maybe tweak the formation and use Smith as a wingback (this might mean using Power, Butcher and Harkes together again, but I would use butcher deeper and keep the other 2 fairly central but more advanced, and try to get the width from Smith/Appere. Bit lopsided but might work if we keep the three centre halfs in there)

Agree noddy, give youth a chance!