PDA

View Full Version : Setting off from Glasgow now....first game of the season.

glasgowdave
07-03-2020, 09:21 AM
Set off at 8.45 and just getting in to Glasgow central for the train to Barrow with my son. Had planned to go to Fylde but the postponement did for me.
So my first game this year and really looking forward to it....will submit an impartial report of all aspects of the day on the train back.
I saw Notts play Barrow back in 70/71....ah, the memories.
So long for now but hope to see a few of you at the game...we're in the standing area. Can't wait.
Dave

tarquinbeech
07-03-2020, 09:34 AM
Set off at 8.45 and just getting in to Glasgow central for the train to Barrow with my son. Had planned to go to Fylde but the postponement did for me.
So my first game this year and really looking forward to it....will submit an impartial report of all aspects of the day on the train back.
I saw Notts play Barrow back in 70/71....ah, the memories.
So long for now but hope to see a few of you at the game...we're in the standing area. Can't wait.
Dave

Letīs hope itīs a similar report to this one you did at Morecambe a couple of seasons ago (I remembered it because I was also buzzing after watching the game on iFollow and took the trouble to dig it out, hope you donīt mind).....have a great day.

Morecambe is the second closest away fixture for us in Glasgow so we've made it a permanent date in the diary. Last year's performance in the 4-1 defeat was one of the very worst Notts performance ive ever seen...shambolic organisation and pretty gutless. The 4-1 victory, in complete contrast, was excellent in every way. It's my 5th game of the season but the most impressive albeit Morecambe were very poor. The goalie was first class in everything he did, especially coming out for the ball for which he has been criticised. Not many crosses though just through balls. The style of play was GREAT with lots of inter passing on the ground ,good movement and lots of options for the man with the ball. Hewitt was outstanding. Walker deserves a meritorious mention as does MOM Allessandro.
Grant has fast feet and clear thinking and can definitely play in the no 10 role off either Ameobi or Stead so I'm surprised he isn't tried out more formally there.
There is no doubting we need just one or two top quality additions...not squad players...and there was some nudge nudge wink wink gossip about Billy Lee and the Peterborough lad who scored 60 goals in non league last year. Notts will average 7000+ for the rest of the season at home so surly a top quality young loaner from the premiership would benefit from this and Nolans guidance...surely?
I've got a nice bet on Notts securing automatic promotion pre season and we must strike whilst things are going our way. No play offs please. I couldn't stand it. It was GREAT meeting up with some old faces at Morecombe and we've all got a smile on our faces that has been missing for a very long time. Just one or two additions of quality and I'm sure we will do it as the squad is good enough and the team spirit and management ethos is first class. I've had two long trips down the lane this season and the atmosphere is night and day from recent years,especially all the youngsters. We are all , well nearly all, 100% behind everything that's going on and if we keep it going together...the sky's the limit.
My best Christmas prezzie from my sons this year...a stone in the new Meadow Lane wall. A brilliant idea and I haven't seen it mentioned on here..or I missed it( I read this message board 2/3 times a day) so I would encourage you to go for it if you can.
I really do love Notts and it is a massive reminder of a wonderful childhood in Sneinton after 40 years living in Glasgow.
A merry Christmas and a happy and victorious new year to you all .
Ps I hope I haven't said anything that offends anyone and incurs the wrath of the post it police, unless that lack of offence is in its own way...offensive.

crazyfists
07-03-2020, 09:40 AM
Have a good trip Dave.

COYP

upthemaggies
07-03-2020, 09:59 AM
As the capacity there is 5,045, it should look pretty full and hopefully a good atmosphere. Let's hope the team turns up as well.
Really does feel like potentially the biggest game of the season, if we won I think it would be hugely significant, a real turning point.