PDA

View Full Version : Eastleigh manager not happy that game went ahead.

magicianpie
15-03-2020, 01:19 PM
https://www.bordercountiesadvertizer.co.uk/sport/national/18305802.eastleigh-boss-says-no-way-national-league-matches-played/

jackal2
15-03-2020, 01:33 PM
Nothing to do with losing 4-0 then.

legs77
15-03-2020, 01:51 PM
Football people are really getting on my nerves with this virus.

The average Joe has to keep going to work everyday so what makes them more special ?

Rooney has been on about it well if you dont like it Wayne terminate your multi million contract and retire you can afford it.

jackal2
15-03-2020, 01:56 PM
Rooney has been on about it well if you dont like it Wayne terminate your multi million contract and retire you can afford it.

On the plus side for Colleen though, perhaps the fear of Coronavirus will keep Wayne Rooney indoors and away from other women for a while.

legs77
15-03-2020, 02:22 PM
On the plus side for Colleen though, perhaps the fear of Coronavirus will keep Wayne Rooney indoors and away from other women for a while.

The irony of his statement was "I wouldnt live with myself if I passed a disease onto my family" !

Notsohumblepie
15-03-2020, 02:34 PM

Perhaps he'll have then delivered, complete with face masks , goggles, and rubber gloves .

ancientpie
15-03-2020, 04:02 PM
Football people are really getting on my nerves with this virus.

The average Joe has to keep going to work everyday so what makes them more special ?

If you bother to read his interview you will see that he points out that it is not the young fit footballers that he is worried about but the older members of the backroom staff,stewards, fans etc & he has a good point imo. I have no sympathy with highly paid footballers who complain about to many games & so forth but The Average Joe doesn't get 5,000 people turn up (and risk spreading a deadly virus) to watch them work.

legs77
15-03-2020, 04:24 PM
If you bother to read his interview you will see that he points out that it is not the young fit footballers that he is worried about but the older members of the backroom staff,stewards, fans etc & he has a good point imo. I have no sympathy with highly paid footballers who complain about to many games & so forth but The Average Joe doesn't get 5,000 people turn up (and risk spreading a deadly virus) to watch them work.

So what other people who work in large warehouses could get the virus do you hear Dave the HGV driver moaning about it ? No cos he will get told there is the door.

Average Joe has to travel on public transport where there is going to be germs...I mean take alook at the London underground nothing a footvaller encounters will be anywhere near as bad.

OP67
15-03-2020, 07:27 PM
Not being funny but if he was that worried he wouldn't have allowed his old kitman to travel to the game. Supporters knew the risks and obviously some didn't go as the gate was lower than average dispite fans from other clubs going!!

Sounds a bit of a sore loser to me!

tarquinbeech
16-03-2020, 03:01 PM
I thought that the whole idea of the National League going ahead was because it wasn't considered (at the time) to be a "mass gathering". The average attendances in the NL are around 2,000ish.....hardly a mass gathering.....there's more people fighting over toilet rolls in Aldi or queueing cheek-by-jowl in airports (ironically to be "tested".....if you didn't have it before, you have now).
Costco panic-buying......crazy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsF6ezLOMC4