View Full Version : O/T:- For the price of a pint

the_anticlough
21-03-2020, 06:17 AM
Jesus Christ, this ghoul would have you six foot under for the price of a pint

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-wetherspoons-tim-martin-pubs-close-piers-morgan-boris-johnson-a9413971.html

irishpete
21-03-2020, 07:14 AM
The Police over here raided 20 odd pubs in Cork on Thursday night & found people in one. Should have named & shamed the pub.
Also wee b@stards in Dublin spitting on shopping trolley handles.

the_anticlough
21-03-2020, 08:16 AM
The Police over here raided 20 odd pubs in Cork on Thursday night & found people in one. Should have named & shamed the pub.
Also wee b@stards in Dublin spitting on shopping trolley handles.

Yeah, I was wondering how anti-social behaviour in the UK would translate in the time of a global/national health crisis...
The culture may have been better in 1939 and even 1665 (great plague)! Hope this proves not to be the case

irishpete
21-03-2020, 08:35 AM
Yeah, I was wondering how anti-social behaviour in the UK would translate in the time of a global/national health crisis...
The culture may have been better in 1939 and even 1665 (great plague)! Hope this proves not to be the case

I know what I would do with them, but snowflakes wouldn't allow it

drillerpie
21-03-2020, 10:18 AM

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-wetherspoons-tim-martin-pubs-close-piers-morgan-boris-johnson-a9413971.html

As I said on another thread, the main factor helping this virus to spread is ignorance. This is a perfect example.

Elite_Pie
21-03-2020, 10:22 AM

The first think it's translated into is stockpiling of essentials. We have been told that if we are sensible there will be plenty for everyone, but the general attitude seems to be "F@ck the rest, I'm looking after number one".

BigFatPie
21-03-2020, 10:25 AM
The first think it's translated into is stockpiling of essentials. We have been told that if we are sensible there will be plenty for everyone, but the general attitude seems to be "F@ck the rest, I'm looking after number one".

‘At the first sign of any symptoms the whole household should self-isolate for 14 days’ and ‘Don’t stockpile’ to me seem contradictory instructions.

The_Don_ORiordan
21-03-2020, 10:33 AM
‘At the first sign of any symptoms the whole household should self-isolate for 14 days’ and ‘Don’t stockpile’ to me seem contradictory instructions.

Again it’s about being sensible chap. Two weeks worth of shopping shouldn’t be stockpiling. And there’s still online deliveries and assistance from others.

Trouble with stockpiling is that it’s more contagious than covid-19 partly for the reason above and also for the reason that even sensible people don’t want to be left short.

Old_pie
21-03-2020, 10:57 AM
‘At the first sign of any symptoms the whole household should self-isolate for 14 days.

It's too late by then. In the previous week you've already exposed many to your virus, and several of them will go on to expose many more.

Additionally once you've got symptoms some will go on to require medical care and hospitalisation goes on to expose many more.

The sooner folk get to grips with the above the more likely it is to be over sooner rather than later.

If everyone, and I know it is not practical, could self-isolate for 2 weeks the virus will have gone, it can't survive that long without our help in spreading it. But too many will needlessly and selfishly keep the thing alive and we need to be quicker with testing kits.

As a country we've been too slow to act and like a small fire which could have been snuffed out with a blanket it's been allowed to spread uncontrolled before we've decided it's time to do damage limitation.

the_anticlough
21-03-2020, 11:31 AM

Yes, it's a disgusting thing to see.
There's no sign of this where I am, which has a much higher rate of the virus. People seem to be behaving with a lot of decorum and self-restraint.

sidders
21-03-2020, 11:31 AM
Two true stories.
On Tuesday my chiropodist was still working. I asked her if many of her clients had cancelled. She said 'No, but new bookings just aren't coming through'. She went on to say she had been stunned by the degree of ignorance among her clients (and let's face it, most of them are in the high risk groups) many of whom think the whole hing is wildly exaggerated and should be over by the week after Easter.
Second story concerns a mate who drives buses across Europe. He told his boss a week ago that he thought the proposed trip to France with various disabled people was unnecessary and inviting the virus. She insisted. He came back on Thursday with all the symptoms and rather than join his family, he has had to take a flat. His wife (a senior nurse) is delivering his meals daily.
He said that everyone in France is being stopped by the police and unless you can produce papers giving you permission to travel outside an area, they are sending you back home. The permits are being published by mayoral offices. His bus was stopped at several r o a d b l o c k s on the route to Calais.
I see today Bavaria has issued and backed with police reinforcement the plea that everyone stay in their houses till further notice. And you thought we had reached the bottom...

the_anticlough
21-03-2020, 11:34 AM
As a country we've been too slow to act and like a small fire which could have been snuffed out with a blanket it's been allowed to spread uncontrolled before we've decided it's time to do damage limitation.

Spot on. 'Sad but true' cannot even start to do it justice.

the_anticlough
21-03-2020, 11:47 AM
The Tim Martin video is so shocking it's funny.

If he had his way, there would be drinkers passing on the virus to each other and the pub staff 'for the duration of the virus', all the time keeping the coffers full and the tills busy...all this he calls (and this is the funniest bit) 'the commercial view'

BigFatPie
21-03-2020, 12:04 PM
Again it’s about being sensible chap. Two weeks worth of shopping shouldn’t be stockpiling. And there’s still online deliveries and assistance from others.

Trouble with stockpiling is that it’s more contagious than covid-19 partly for the reason above and also for the reason that even sensible people don’t want to be left short.

One person’s 2 weeks of shopping will be to someone else stockpiling. 2 weeks of shopping for a family of 5 is a lot of shopping. While some people’s behaviour when it comes to self isolating has been moronic( nice one Boris) I feel more sympathetic to those who are just making sure their families are prepared.

SwalePie
21-03-2020, 12:11 PM

Gobsmacking attitude. Amazing.

frenchmagpie
21-03-2020, 12:17 PM
He said that everyone in France is being stopped by the police and unless you can produce papers giving you permission to travel outside an area, they are sending you back home. The permits are being published by mayoral offices. His bus was stopped at several r o a d b l o c k s on the route to Calais.

I can confirm this. We are not allowed out of the house except on essential trips (food/medicine) and exercise within 2km of the house and then alone. We have to have a form for any of these activities. Many fines have been issued for breaches and the roads are now virtually empty. It makes me feel very safe and if tempted to go out I can easily convince myself not to. That's not so easy when it's just advisory.

navypie
21-03-2020, 12:29 PM
Just been over the park with the dog, it's like kidsville..... all with their parents.

the_anticlough
24-03-2020, 04:50 PM
Gobsmacking attitude. Amazing.

What a scumbag. Now's he's telling his staff I won't pay you, sling your hook and try stacking shelves in Tescos

the_anticlough
24-03-2020, 05:26 PM
What a scumbag. Now's he's telling his staff I won't pay you, sling your hook and try stacking shelves in Tescos

Forgot the link

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-wetherspoon-tim-martin-pub-closed-tesco-supermarket-uk-a9420906.html

BigFatPie
24-03-2020, 06:02 PM
Forgot the link

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-wetherspoon-tim-martin-pub-closed-tesco-supermarket-uk-a9420906.html

He’s a **** of the first order.

I bet there’s a few on here who think he’s great.

sidders
24-03-2020, 07:42 PM
Boy, does he like the sound of his own voice.

Elite_Pie
24-03-2020, 07:56 PM
He’s a **** of the first order.

I bet there’s a few on here who think he’s great.

To me, he's a vile individual who instantly puts his profits before the welfare of his employees who have worked hard to make him wealthy.

To the likes of Soccerman and seriouspie, he's probably a leader who took a risk and created jobs, so suck it up leftie losers.

ivansneck
24-03-2020, 09:45 PM
We're reaping the harvest of Thatcher and her every person for themselves and 'there's no such thing as society'.

Mapperleypie
24-03-2020, 10:15 PM
Richard Branson, Mike Ashley and this Brexit clown.

The tide is going out and showing these greedy C7nts up for exactly who they are and what they stand for.

Old_pie
24-03-2020, 11:07 PM
We're reaping the harvest of Thatcher and her every person for themselves and 'there's no such thing as society'.

"They are casting their problems at society. And, you know, there's no such thing as society. There are individual men and women and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look after themselves first. It is our duty to look after ourselves and then, also, to look after our neighbours." – in an interview in Women's Own in 1987

Discuss.

Elite_Pie
24-03-2020, 11:21 PM
"They are casting their problems at society. And, you know, there's no such thing as society. There are individual men and women and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look after themselves first. It is our duty to look after ourselves and then, also, to look after our neighbours." – in an interview in Women's Own in 1987

Discuss.

Discuss?

Here's my two penn'orth - some validity in her words, but her actions were the opposite. When she was prepared to throw whole communities of hard working families on the scrapheap in order to beat Scargill, how the f@ck could people look after themselves?

Her heartless government made it impossible.

TheBlackHorse
25-03-2020, 05:55 AM
.... what do you expect when Scargill and his cronies (Scargill was just the front man) were trying to unseat the government. The miners were simply pawns in their nasty game.

crazyfists
25-03-2020, 08:11 AM

Agree, self isolating for 14 days doesn't mean a buying 98 bog rolls, 64 packets of pasta and 16 packs of wipes. Absolute Tw@ts, there's plenty for everyone if people weren't complete ****s. Also self isolating means you could still get things, you just need to be careful about it and sensible. I'm on the left but blaming the government for the failings of humans is abit much.

crazyfists
25-03-2020, 08:19 AM
To me, he's a vile individual who instantly puts his profits before the welfare of his employees who have worked hard to make him wealthy.

To the likes of Soccerman and seriouspie, he's probably a leader who took a risk and created jobs, so suck it up leftie losers.

Agree 100%, have used them in the past for price but won't be putting another penny into pockets. It's really making me despair the amount of multi millionaire owners who are risking their employees families economic survival whilst they sit back in their mansions with more money than they could ever hope to spend.

You're right Elite, seriouspie probably has a framed picture of him on his wall. Such great men with much to admire...........

Elite_Pie
25-03-2020, 09:31 AM
.... what do you expect when Scargill and his cronies (Scargill was just the front man) were trying to unseat the government. The miners were simply pawns in their nasty game.

Correct. Both were so consumed in winning their private battle that neither gave a second thought to the people they had been elected to represent. The victims were many hardworking families, but neither of them cared.

The_Don_ORiordan
25-03-2020, 04:00 PM
Correct. Both were so consumed in winning their private battle that neither gave a second thought to the people they had been elected to represent. The victims were many hardworking families, but neither of them cared.

Spot on.

pingu_pie
25-03-2020, 05:11 PM

Surely it was all Diane Abbott's fault, though?