PDA

View Full Version : Season over?

Chicken Balti Pie
15-04-2020, 07:45 AM
I've seen on twitter that we've dug up the pitch, is this a sign the season is over? Going to take a good 6 weeks to get it back to playing conditions so that's the start of June at the earliest?

Mapperleypie
15-04-2020, 07:48 AM
I can't see social distancing being over anytime soon at all. To think we are going to be playing football in front of fans by June is a bit pie in the sky.

countygump
15-04-2020, 07:57 AM
Seems that way. How they'll bring a conclusion to this season, Gawd only knows.

Old_pie
15-04-2020, 08:00 AM
It's the Beach-on-Trent for the summer holidays :)

ancientpie
15-04-2020, 08:05 AM
If the season resumes any time soon it will be behind closed doors so it wouldn't really matter where we played,is it possible we have an agreement with another local club ?

sidders
15-04-2020, 09:26 AM
I'll make this prediction - the season gone is over and will never see completion. When crowds are once more permitted - 2021 or 2022 - the new season will commence. The English season may well be re-defined with August to May swapped to March to December.

Woodsetts_Pie
15-04-2020, 10:23 AM
I'll make a slightly different prediction Sid. My view is that next season - 20/21 will commence with a month delay, in September rather than August. This season is finished, and the academic issue of league placings, as well as promotion & relegation (maybe) will be sorted out by men in suits once 30th June comes and goes.

legs77
15-04-2020, 10:37 AM
FL league seem keen to start 6th June if all is well BCD that is 6-7 weeks away yet.

Football will be back way way before 2022 it is worth lots of money to the economy if they have to it will be BCD but they will play somehow.

At this moment life is cr#p for everyone but at some point things bit by bit will be lifted.

Notts78
15-04-2020, 11:03 AM
The National League want to have a vote on ending the season. They don’t have the balls to make a decision until the Prem & EFL make it for them.
I can see a point when games begin and are played behind closed doors to begin with until a time all restrictions/measures are lifted.
These games won’t take place until there is a time when all involved in match days can be tested, which they won’t do until the NHS staff are tested first. Which is the right thing to do.
The fact our pitch has been dug up means nothing. The National League have no plans to hold a meeting to discuss a resumption of the League, and even then it would take several weeks for the games to begin. Also, if the plans I have heard come to fruition there will not be enough time between the end of this season and the start of next, meaning no time to sort the pitch, so doing it now makes complete sense.
That said, no one knows at this stage what the various leagues are thinking. There is a lot of rumours.

metrocab
15-04-2020, 11:31 AM
The National League want to have a vote on ending the season. They don’t have the balls to make a decision until the Prem & EFL make it for them.
I can see a point when games begin and are played behind closed doors to begin with until a time all restrictions/measures are lifted.
These games won’t take place until there is a time when all involved in match days can be tested, which they won’t do until the NHS staff are tested first. Which is the right thing to do.
The fact our pitch has been dug up means nothing. The National League have no plans to hold a meeting to discuss a resumption of the League, and even then it would take several weeks for the games to begin. Also, if the plans I have heard come to fruition there will not be enough time between the end of this season and the start of next, meaning no time to sort the pitch, so doing it now makes complete sense.
That said, no one knows at this stage what the various leagues are thinking. There is a lot of rumours.
Spot on!
Ideal time to do the pitch as its almost perfect growing conditions and at estimated guess it will look like a bowling green in about 2 weeks.

Oldstripy
15-04-2020, 11:38 AM
I think that the National League are waiting for the season to end in 11 days time (we would have been the last match as the game against Yeovil was to be televised) so they can say that time has run out and the EFL will elect Barrow to League 2.

Also it's a smart move by Notts to renovate the pitch now.

Chicken Balti Pie
15-04-2020, 12:24 PM
I think that the National League are waiting for the season to end in 11 days time (we would have been the last match as the game against Yeovil was to be televised) so they can say that time has run out and the EFL will elect Barrow to League 2.

Also it's a smart move by Notts to renovate the pitch now.

You talk about "re-election". If it's the EFL, wouldn't they go for Notts? On the basis we took the last relegation spot in the last full season and we also will take more fans to games than Barrow. From a clubs view, they'd surely prefer Notts?

Oldstripy
15-04-2020, 01:03 PM
You talk about "re-election". If it's the EFL, wouldn't they go for Notts? On the basis we took the last relegation spot in the last full season and we also will take more fans to games than Barrow. From a clubs view, they'd surely prefer Notts?

I very much would like to think so, but I don't trust them to do that.

Oldstripy
15-04-2020, 01:54 PM
With no football expected to take place for the foreseeable future, we have this week commenced our annual pitch renovation at Meadow Lane.

The National League season has been suspended indefinitely due to the coronavirus outbreak and, while no possible return date has been suggested by the league, we have taken the opportunity to carry out essential works on our playing surface.

Our CEO, Jason Turner, said: “I would like to assure supporters that our decision to renovate the pitch does not signal the end of our season. We still await clarity on the future of the 2019-20 campaign and remain in regular dialogue with the relevant parties to establish what lies ahead.

“While we had planned a more extensive renovation this summer, the uncertainty over our longer-term scheduling means we feel it’s best we carry out some basic work now to ensure we have a suitable surface for the year ahead.

“Everyone can rest assured that the pitch will be ready to facilitate competitive football when the authorities deem it safe to return, and I’d like to thank our groundstaff and contractors for their continued hard work during these challenging times.”

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2020/april/pitch-renovations-150420/

applepie
15-04-2020, 04:48 PM

That would leave a foul taste in the mouth. I want to see Notts win promotion fair and square.

navypie
15-04-2020, 04:58 PM
That would leave a foul taste in the mouth. I want to see Notts win promotion fair and square.
Bit like Coventry did a few years back !

Notts78
15-04-2020, 05:06 PM

It wouldn’t matter who was promoted (if it happened) as no one has earned it fair and square. Barrow had some tough games, without there top scorer coming up. Harrogate and Notts were both building momentum. All 3 of us could argue that we could have finished top. Though Notts were the least likely if the 3.

SwalePie
15-04-2020, 05:10 PM
It wouldn’t matter who was promoted (if it happened) as no one has earned it fair and square. Barrow had some tough games, without there top scorer coming up. Harrogate and Notts were both building momentum. All 3 of us could argue that we could have finished top. Though Notts were the least likely if the 3.

We were definitely going to be Champions, winning all of our remaining games, everyone knows that. COYP!

ncfcog
15-04-2020, 05:31 PM
This reminds me of the season we missed out on the League 1 play offs on goal difference to Stevenage, we were on a roll and still believe if we had made the play offs we would have been promoted.

Swales comment above might be a bit tongue in cheek but I honestly believe had we finished this season under normal circumstances we would definitely have been promoted, maybe even as champions … meh.

ncfcog
15-04-2020, 05:46 PM
Talking of that season (2011/12) the team that played in the last game, a 4-1 win over Colchester looked like this …

Nelson
Freeman Stewart Edwards Sheehan
Judge Bishop Hughes Adebola
Sam Bogdanovic

Subs
L Hughes (on for Adebola)
Mahon (on for Bishop)
Spiess (on for Nelson)
Demontagnac
Harley

navypie
15-04-2020, 06:41 PM
I think all the season ticket holders of the top 3 clubs should be given a vote on who they thought would have gone up. Seems the fairest way to me.

ncfcog
15-04-2020, 07:08 PM
I think all the season ticket holders of the top 3 clubs should be given a vote on who they thought would have gone up. Seems the fairest way to me.

Excellent idea!

uysapie
16-04-2020, 11:06 PM
Excellent idea!

Still no decision

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52316971

legs77
17-04-2020, 07:25 AM
What im not understanding is if the season is void then what happens?

Hear me out the virus isnt going away overnight so the clubs are making no money now and by August they still wont be making any money as games arent being played not with fans anyway.

League one and below will almost certainly need financial help as not a chance can clubs play without fans at this level not for that length of time anyway.

the_anticlough
17-04-2020, 08:38 AM
What im not understanding is if the season is void then what happens?

Hear me out the virus isnt going away overnight so the clubs are making no money now and by August they still wont be making any money as games arent being played not with fans anyway.

League one and below will almost certainly need financial help as not a chance can clubs play without fans at this level not for that length of time anyway.

Yes, it's mostly unknowns we're dealing with - but it's unlikely there'll fans sitting in the Pavis and the Kop any time soon.

From that BBC piece, the smart clubs are those saying we don't have the info to make a decision (Barrow, Harrogate and the 8 clubs above the relegation zone will be the ones wanting to cancel now).

English football is a pyramid system, and I don't think it goes from the bottom up, so the National League needs to chill its heels and see what the EFL does first.

I really want this season to be honoured by finishing the competition whenever play resumes. But clubs could show themselves as businesses first and want you to forget 19/20 and just 'stick 'em up, give us your season ticket money'.
If we reach that point, at least it's good to see there will be 'further polls' on how to decide outcomes and it won't necessarily be just a game of statues where they say well done, up you go Jon Stead's Harrogate :mad:

ncfcog
17-04-2020, 09:31 AM
From that BBC piece, the smart clubs are those saying we don't have the info to make a decision (Barrow, Harrogate and the 8 clubs above the relegation zone will be the ones wanting to cancel now).

I'm not sure that will be the case. I see it that if the season is null and void then it essentially didn't happen so no promotions or relegations or trophy wins can be awarded. The only way promotions and relegations can happen is if there is an overwhelming agreement to go with a PPG model.

The clubs voting to end the season now will be those who have most to lose (ie relegation threatened) and who will be better off taking the PL hand out and closing down until the new season.

The reason some didn't vote or voted not sure is because there is still no official line over what would happen next. You are right about needing to see what the EFL do first because there is an argument that if the season is null and void Notts have a serious legal claim to be reinstated in place of Bury.

magpie_mania
17-04-2020, 10:47 AM
I'm not sure that will be the case. I see it that if the season is null and void then it essentially didn't happen so no promotions or relegations or trophy wins can be awarded. The only way promotions and relegations can happen is if there is an overwhelming agreement to go with a PPG model.

The clubs voting to end the season now will be those who have most to lose (ie relegation threatened) and who will be better off taking the PL hand out and closing down until the new season.

The reason some didn't vote or voted not sure is because there is still no official line over what would happen next. You are right about needing to see what the EFL do first because there is an argument that if the season is null and void Notts have a serious legal claim to be reinstated in place of Bury.

Tell us more! What is this serious legal claim?

matt_magpie
17-04-2020, 10:47 AM

I initially thought it was pie in the sky Notts get reinstated if the season is null and voided but the more I think about it, perhaps it isn't. I guess it's where you are saying the new starting point is, is it literally we saying we are back in May last year where the new leagues (with promoted and relegated teams) and fixtures haven't been formed, as in that case then I imagine we have an argument.

the_anticlough
17-04-2020, 11:01 AM

I don't think you got my post - I said that the clubs voting to end would be Barrow, Harrogate and those just above the drop. and also the reason that some didn't vote.

Hopefully, they'll at least wait for the EFL. But the BBC piece reminds us that it's a democracy (although I'm not sure how '4 votes for the National League North and South' works). Would they vote to make the season "null and void'' though? Could that be challenged legally? Would they really make a statement that their own competitions are worthless? It seems that the league itself would be free to put different solutions to the vote which would be better than 'null and void' you'd imagine.

Sounds like a recipe for chaos to me. Let's hope they see sense and wait for the EFL. They'd look pretty stupid declaring the season as cancelled, letting 70+ clubs take actions on that basis, and then see the EFL declare that they'll finish the 19/20 season.

ncfcog
17-04-2020, 11:01 AM
I initially thought it was pie in the sky Notts get reinstated if the season is null and voided but the more I think about it, perhaps it isn't. I guess it's where you are saying the new starting point is, is it literally we saying we are back in May last year where the new leagues (with promoted and relegated teams) and fixtures haven't been formed, as in that case then I imagine we have an argument.

If we are saying the season never happened then yes that's exactly what I'm thinking.

ncfcog
17-04-2020, 11:04 AM
I don't think you got my post - I said that the clubs voting to end would be Barrow, Harrogate and those just above the drop. and also the reason that some didn't vote.

Hopefully, they'll at least wait for the EFL. But the BBC piece reminds us that it's a democracy (although I'm not sure how '4 votes for the National League North and South' works). Would they vote to make the season "null and void'' though? Could that be challenged legally? Would they really make a statement that their own competitions are worthless? It seems that the league itself would be free to put different solutions to the vote which would be better than 'null and void' you'd imagine.

Sounds like a recipe for chaos to me. Let's hope they see sense and wait for the EFL. They'd look pretty stupid declaring the season as cancelled, letting 70+ clubs take actions on that basis, and then see the EFL declare that they'll finish the 19/20 season.

Sorry, understood. I think my point was they would vote to end the season if it meant they would go up based on current positions. Like you say, it's a right bleddy mess!

Glad2BeAPie
17-04-2020, 11:06 AM
I'd take anything that says we're a league 2 club still

the_anticlough
17-04-2020, 11:15 AM
I'd take anything that says we're a league 2 club still

Me too.
I know we're biased, but we deserve to go up ffs! We were the in-form team, it was all coming together for the run in.

ncfcog
17-04-2020, 11:19 AM
So from what I can make out these are a few of the more obvious outcomes, I'm sure there are others so please feel free to post:

1. Finish the season behind closed doors. Would require extensive testing to ensure no risk of transmitting the virus.

2. Wait for the virus to abate a bit and finish the season, probably with the first few round of games behind closed doors.

3. End the season now and make it null and void. Legal minefield.

4. End the season now and promote/relegate etc based on average PPG or similarly agreed mathematical calculation.

5. Postpone the season completely and finish it when it is safe to do so. This will mean the abandoning or restructuring of next season.

Obviously there are many factors to be considered in all of the above but would be interested to hear thoughts of others. I realise some of these have already been discussed on here so apologies if I'm covering old ground.

the_anticlough
17-04-2020, 11:24 AM
Sorry, understood. I think my point was they would vote to end the season if it meant they would go up based on current positions. Like you say, it's a right bleddy mess!

Too right. I think the point we agree on is that the NL needs to wait for the EFL.

I like your theory about replacing Bury if the season's voided...
I think Barrow would probably start firing missiles from the nuclear subs they build there if that happens....
PPG sounds like the typical Notts County nightmare scenario. In this order I'm hoping for 1) Finish the season 2) At least have a play-off 3) some other selection method that sees NCFC back where it belongs

the_anticlough
17-04-2020, 11:26 AM
So from what I can make out these are a few of the more obvious outcomes, I'm sure there are others so please feel free to post:

1. Finish the season behind closed doors. Would require extensive testing to ensure no risk of transmitting the virus.

2. Wait for the virus to abate a bit and finish the season, probably with the first few round of games behind closed doors.

3. End the season now and make it null and void. Legal minefield.

4. End the season now and promote/relegate etc based on average PPG or similarly agreed mathematical calculation.

5. Postpone the season completely and finish it when it is safe to do so. This will mean the abandoning or restructuring of next season.

Obviously there are many factors to be considered in all of the above but would be interested to hear thoughts of others. I realise some of these have already been discussed on here so apologies if I'm covering old ground.

1,2 or 5 please

magpie_mania
17-04-2020, 11:42 AM
I still say no decision can be made yet. How can anyone vote to finish the season behind closed doors if they don't know yet when that could happen? How could they decide its 'abated a bit'? What would happen if say Notts had 4 players who tested positive but Harrogate had none?

PPG has a problem in that if one team had to play mostly lower teams still, while another had to play teams who were mostly top 10.

Every scenario has its problems. Whatever they decide to do, some are going to be unhappy.

They do need to have a plan though, ie. If we can start in July we will ....... If we can start in September we will .... etc. Then teams would at least have an idea of what will happen.

Players' contracts / loans is another really difficult one.

Chicken Balti Pie
17-04-2020, 11:48 AM
Too right. I think the point we agree on is that the NL needs to wait for the EFL.

I like your theory about replacing Bury if the season's voided...
I think Barrow would probably start firing missiles from the nuclear subs they build there if that happens....
PPG sounds like the typical Notts County nightmare scenario. In this order I'm hoping for 1) Finish the season 2) At least have a play-off 3) some other selection method that sees NCFC back where it belongs

If the season is null and void, then from a legal standpoint, Barrow would have no legal claim to promotion. Either the EFL continues with 71 teams or the safest legal way would be to reprieve Plymouth and Notts. Then it's filters down. Not saying that's what they'd do. I wonder if the EFL would go the route of keeping 71 teams to be "safe" no promotion or relegation

matt_magpie
17-04-2020, 12:35 PM
I think if the season is null and voided or worked out on PPG, then we have a slim argument regarding Bury but the better hope and I don't wish it on them is Harrogate either don't have the money or time left to have a grass pitch installed.
I personally think they have to finish the season no matter how long it takes. If they are going to finish the season it will have to be behind closed doors cos I cant see the Gov allowing mass gatherings till July at the earliest and players will have to self isolate not to put own players and opposing players at risk and also so that games aren't called off.
I think though with what the scottish league have now done we will be a victim of the season stopped with current standings or PPG as the National league will probably be monitoring the kick back from that to see if they can get away with it.

ncfcog
17-04-2020, 12:40 PM
I still say no decision can be made yet. How can anyone vote to finish the season behind closed doors if they don't know yet when that could happen? How could they decide its 'abated a bit'? What would happen if say Notts had 4 players who tested positive but Harrogate had none?

PPG has a problem in that if one team had to play mostly lower teams still, while another had to play teams who were mostly top 10.

Every scenario has its problems. Whatever they decide to do, some are going to be unhappy.

They do need to have a plan though, ie. If we can start in July we will ....... If we can start in September we will .... etc. Then teams would at least have an idea of what will happen.

Players' contracts / loans is another really difficult one.

Of course, as I mentioned there would need to be some testing strategy implemented to allow any kind of BCD solution and there would need to be an accepted percentage of negative results from both squads for it to be fair to play a game.

Players contracts is of course a big issue.

Regarding having a plan we would be looking at option 5? Then we are back to the player contracts issue.

The other option would be to postpone the season until a vaccine is readily available which could mean no more football for possibly a year or more?

magpie_mania
17-04-2020, 01:08 PM
Of course, as I mentioned there would need to be some testing strategy implemented to allow any kind of BCD solution and there would need to be an accepted percentage of negative results from both squads for it to be fair to play a game.

Players contracts is of course a big issue.

Regarding having a plan we would be looking at option 5? Then we are back to the player contracts issue.

The other option would be to postpone the season until a vaccine is readily available which could mean no more football for possibly a year or more?

A plan would not necessarily have to mean no. 5.

I don't think there will be supporters watching live until at least October. Nor as I have said before would I be totally against bringing this season to an end (depending on when it could be restarted) and play a proper season next year. In the whole scheme of things it's not that important.

bridpie78
17-04-2020, 02:14 PM
Could they just do PPG to settle the final positions and then a staight one off play off for promotion/relegation ie leeds v nowich wba v villa and so on, it doesnt do much fo Notts but thats tough ****** we should have been better earlier in the season.
Minimum number of games and everyone gets a fair crack at promotion/saving themselves from relegation

legs77
17-04-2020, 02:15 PM
How can you end a season 80% completed to then start a new one you cant be certain to finish either ?

The 4 leagues above us wanna finish the season so im guessing we will follow what they are doing....dont forget we are in front of them as well as our season finishes before them so no need to rush anything.

Obviously if the virus gets completely out of control then sport around the world is done and that will be a sad day for billions.

SwalePie
17-04-2020, 03:50 PM
Latest from BBC Sport on Prem, EFL etc...

"Lower down the football pyramid in England, the EFL has sent a letter to clubs recommending they return to training on 16 May at the earliest.

The EFL has not discussed a league restart date with the government but told clubs: "Our planning needs to be agile enough to allow us to be as prepared as possible for a start at relatively short notice."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52326617 (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52326617)

BanjoPie
17-04-2020, 05:05 PM
I've seen on twitter that we've dug up the pitch, is this a sign the season is over? Going to take a good 6 weeks to get it back to playing conditions so that's the start of June at the earliest?

With nearly 15000 people having already sadly passed away due this dreadful disease, I think your question is totally irrelevant as it is of little if any importance.

Notts78
17-04-2020, 06:41 PM
Could they just do PPG to settle the final positions and then a staight one off play off for promotion/relegation ie leeds v nowich wba v villa and so on, it doesnt do much fo Notts but thats tough ****** we should have been better earlier in the season.
Minimum number of games and everyone gets a fair crack at promotion/saving themselves from relegation

Sorry, this is utter tripe. Teams deserve to be where they finish after playing each team twice. Notts has a double bubble to deal with, relegation and being bought at the 11th hour. To be third with 9 games to go. Had this been the Munro season...

Old_pie
17-04-2020, 06:54 PM
Sorry, this is utter tripe. Teams deserve to be where they finish after playing each team twice. Notts has a double bubble to deal with, relegation and being bought at the 11th hour. To be third with 9 games to go. Had this been the Munro season...

... we'd be climbing up and down yon hills, glens and round the lochs.

Elite_Pie
17-04-2020, 06:58 PM
With nearly 15000 people having already sadly passed away due this dreadful disease, I think your question is totally irrelevant as it is of little if any importance.

As usual from you, what a complete and utter load of bollox. We are all aware that sport pales into insignificance compared to what is happening in the world, but there has to be some sort of conclusion at the end of this. Are we not allowed to discuss that conclusion, whatever it turns out to be? Maybe because coronavirus has shown us that sport is only a distraction we should totally end it in all it's forms.

countygump
17-04-2020, 07:21 PM
We must be one of the few clubs in the Cinerama who could practice ''social distancing'' and still all have a seat each. Getting in and out the ground might be a problem tho.

BigFatPie
17-04-2020, 07:40 PM

So why are you logging in to a football message board you callous b@stard?

SwalePie
17-04-2020, 08:44 PM

Steady on there.

Old_pie
17-04-2020, 09:02 PM
Steady on there.

Reminds me of the story of the strict farmer on his horse and cart with his new wife. The horse starts kicking up and he says "Steady, that's one". A few minutes later the horse does the same to which the farmer warns "Steady, that's two". The third time the horse kicks up the farmer halts the cart, gets out his gun and shoots the horse. New wife protests "That's a bit harsh isn't it" to which farmer responds "Steady, that's one".

BanjoPie
17-04-2020, 09:26 PM

Big thick fat pie you certainly are

BigFatPie
17-04-2020, 09:54 PM
Big thick fat pie you certainly are

I’m not the one logging on to a football messageboard then having a go at people for speculating as to when football might start again. Dur.

BigFatPie
17-04-2020, 10:03 PM
Reminds me of the story of the strict farmer on his horse and cart with his new wife. The horse starts kicking up and he says "Steady, that's one". A few minutes later the horse does the same to which the farmer warns "Steady, that's two". The third time the horse kicks up the farmer halts the cart, gets out his gun and shoots the horse. New wife protests "That's a bit harsh isn't it" to which farmer responds "Steady, that's one".

Hahaha imaginary like button pressed.

upthemaggies
18-04-2020, 08:10 AM

Not only that, but a topic that's clearly about football and not grief p0rn.

I get to decide what's important to me and I've now reached the point where I'm far more interested in the prospect of football resuming than the daily death toll, I'm not going to pretend I spend every waking moment thinking about and offering thoughts and prayers to people whose names I don't know and faces I've never seen who have been affected by the pandemic. I'm bored with Covid, sorry. Obviously that changes if I or a member of my family comes down with it, but that goes for any serious illness or flirtation with the prospect of death at any time, I don't sit thinking about cancer or cancer victims all day either. Bring on the footy.

ancientpie
18-04-2020, 08:22 AM
We all know that Covid is bad news,we all know that we should be doing our bit to stop it, I am interested in the daily & total death toll & hoping that it soon slows down,however it would be nice to think that you could escape the doom & gloom on a football forum but then again it is a Notts forum & seems more interested in playing the blame game. COYP

navypie
18-04-2020, 08:49 AM
We all know that Covid is bad news,we all know that we should be doing our bit to stop it, I am interested in the daily & total death toll & hoping that it soon slows down,however it would be nice to think that you could escape the doom & gloom on a football forum but then again it is a Notts forum & seems more interested in playing the blame game. COYP

Being a Notts fan, doom & gloom is something I've come to live with. Well, sort of a footie post. COYP

ForeignLegion
18-04-2020, 08:49 AM
Exactly......log on, roll eyes, log off.

ForeignLegion
18-04-2020, 08:50 AM
That was a reply to Ancient

jonnyt1
21-04-2020, 05:49 AM
The only option left now is to declare the season null and void.

Football won’t be resuming until September at best now.

__________________________________________________ _____________

[I've merged your new thread into this existing one to keep things tidy jonnyt1

SwalePie]

matt_magpie
21-04-2020, 09:37 AM
I see league two are meeting today, this may be the nail in the coffin for us.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52360266

the_anticlough
21-04-2020, 09:52 AM
I see league two are meeting today, this may be the nail in the coffin for us.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52360266

I don't think so, seems like it's just an exercise in sounding out opinion.
This is the key part of the article

A demand to end the season is not likely on Tuesday. However, there may be an attempt to get more clarity from the EFL over the financial impact of contractual issues, with some arguing the central body should cover the additional cost given their demand for the season to continue.

And before that, don't forget

Like the Premier League, the English Football League is committed to finishing the campaign once it is safe to do so following the coronavirus pandemic, and have said it will take them 56 days to complete the nine rounds of matches across their three divisions, plus play-offs.